Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

what one will cut it for now?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2004, 10:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what one will cut it for now?

If i was interested in Getting a 4 inch lift cheaply and not caring to much about having a STIFF ride, woudl this kit work ok?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33585

or is this better?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33585

Remember im just worried about a truck im gonna have for like 3 years, and i dont care about the ride. What one is better?
Old 12-28-2004, 10:38 AM

thoes are for the previous generations, the pre tacoma days. I would say if anything go with the rough country they have a decent rep.
Old 12-28-2004, 10:50 AM

ya its for an older truck. You think its ok to use for a little while?
Old 12-28-2004, 11:18 AM

Dude if you have a TACOMA then the kit WON'T work. The older IFS trucks (86-95) run a torsion bar suspension up front. Tacomas have a double wishbone front suspension that uses coil springs. FYI.
Old 12-28-2004, 11:35 AM

dude...did i say it was for my tacoma? NOPE Its for a 91 pickup. Its not my 91 pickup either. My best friend just bought a 91 toyota pickup and wants to lift it. he asked me how he should lift it. He also said he doesnt care about how stuff it rides, hes only gonna have it for 3-4 years. So i decided to ASK THE PROS. Anybody have any REAL advice for my friend?
Old 12-28-2004, 12:06 PM
Contributing Member

Geez... settle down big guy.
Rome was just trying to help and your post right before his does sound like you're thinking about putting an older kit on a newer truck.

I'm with BigKahuna... the rough country seems like the way to go.
Old 12-28-2004, 12:12 PM

https://www.yotatech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47634

heres a lift for sale by a yt member for less moola
Old 12-28-2004, 12:12 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Tacoma750
Anybody have any REAL advice for my friend?
easy killer, calm down.

The only info that folks here had to go on was a) what you originally said, b) your profile and c) your handle on the board.

So looking back to the original post, a) you said nothing specifically about the truck, though you did say "im just worried... im gonna have... i dont care". That implies it's YOUR truck. b) your profile is empty - there's no mention of what you drive. c) your handle has the word "Tacoma" in it.

So, I think it's a reasonable assumption for people to think that you were looking to use that kit on your Tacoma.

With the newfound KEY information that you're talking about doing this on a "91 pickup", people can give you a better answer.

Last edited by midiwall; 12-28-2004 at 12:13 PM.
Old 12-28-2004, 12:16 PM

dude...did i say it was for my tacoma? NOPE Its for a 91 pickup. Its not my 91 pickup either. My best friend just bought a 91 toyota pickup and wants to lift it. he asked me how he should lift it. He also said he doesnt care about how stuff it rides, hes only gonna have it for 3-4 years. So i decided to ASK THE PROS. Anybody have any REAL advice for my friend?
You said " If i was interested in Getting a 4 inch lift " So we all assume you really did mran you. Also it helps us help you do your homework when you give us the proper info (year, make model)
Old 12-28-2004, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by midiwall
easy killer, calm down.

The only info that folks here had to go on was a) what you originally said, b) your profile and c) your handle on the board.

So looking back to the original post, a) you said nothing specifically about the truck, though you did say "im just worried... im gonna have... i dont care". That implies it's YOUR truck. b) your profile is empty - there's no mention of what you drive. c) your handle has the word "Tacoma" in it.

So, I think it's a reasonable assumption for people to think that you were looking to use that kit on your Tacoma.

With the newfound KEY information that you're talking about doing this on a "91 pickup", people can give you a better answer.
good to se your still kickin it on YT Mark. I had not seen your posts in a few. Ben
Old 12-28-2004, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by Yoter
good to se your still kickin it on YT Mark. I had not seen your posts in a few. Ben
Oh... I'm never too far away Ben.

Kickin'!
Old 12-28-2004, 12:54 PM

easy killer, calm down.

If you would have looked at the links he posted you would have seen it wasn't for his truck....................so before you go and hand out ass chewings you should not assume...........you know what they say.

In post 2 and 3 it was cleared up it was for an older truck.

Last edited by GRNTACO; 12-28-2004 at 12:58 PM.
Old 12-28-2004, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by GRNTACO
If you would have looked at the links he posted you would have seen it wasn't for his truck....................so before you go and hand out ass chewings you should not assume...........you know what they say.
In post 2 and 3 it was cleared up it was for an older truck.
I did look at the links Ben, and that was the source of people's confusion as to what he was looking for.

_HE_ shouldn't assume that we didn't think he thought he could use that lift kit on a Tacoma.

My retort was based on him jumping on Rome.

Last edited by midiwall; 12-28-2004 at 01:51 PM.
Old 12-28-2004, 01:17 PM

I did look at the links Ben, and that was the source of people's confusion as to what we was looking for.

_HE_ shouldn't assume that we didn't think he thought he could use that lift kit on a Tacoma.

My retort was based on him jumping on Rome.
And my report is based on you jumping on him..........

It is YOUR fault for assuming
Old 12-28-2004, 01:26 PM
Contributing Member

Post #3 is ambiguous...
I read it as if he was saying... yes, it's from an older truck - is it okay to run it on my newer truck for now.

Like Mark, I was chiding him for jumping on Rome - he was just telling Tacoma750 that it wouldn't work on a newer Tacoma and while I don't agree with the delivery 750's response sucks for someone who's asking for help.
Old 12-28-2004, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by GRNTACO
And my report is based on you jumping on him..........

It is YOUR fault for assuming
dayum dude.
Old 12-28-2004, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by Tacoma Dude
Post #3 is ambiguous...
I read it as if he was saying... yes, it's from an older truck - is it okay to run it on my newer truck for now.

Like Mark, I was chiding him for jumping on Rome - he was just telling Tacoma750 that it wouldn't work on a newer Tacoma and while I don't agree with the delivery 750's response sucks for someone who's asking for help.
so true!
Old 12-28-2004, 01:40 PM

It seems that Ben (grntaco) disagrees with others on the amount/quality of information that was brought to the table by this guy asking for help.

There's no sense in trying to bash it out here.

Last edited by midiwall; 12-28-2004 at 03:14 PM.
Old 12-28-2004, 01:40 PM

Can't we all just get along? Here you go. SURE you CAN use those lift kits. The ads you linked to DO state that the lift kits WILL fit an 86-95 pickup. (So why pray tell do you ask if you can use them if they clearly state that they will work?) You can do anything you want with your rig. You are merely limited by your financial resources and time, as well as your fabrication skills. I don't have a lift kit on my 94 since I think that it is pointless. I do have the 1.5" balljoint spacers and 1.5" rear AAL and 1.5" shackles out back. I am only running 31x12.5x15" ProComp MT's though.
Old 12-28-2004, 02:23 PM
Contributing Member

Drama thread...

Back on topic...have you thought about a body lift instead? Lot cheaper...round $100 for 3inches http://www.4crawler.com/4x4/ForSale/ProductLine.shtml

Quick Reply: what one will cut it for now?