Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

What if I wanted to sell BigBadBlue?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2003, 06:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question What if I wanted to sell BigBadBlue?

This kinda scares me to talk about this but I am getting curious. I usually get a rig and keep it for a year then move onto a new one. Well I got BigBadBlue in April of 2001 and still have it. I have lost exact estimates of what I have put into it but can say every paycheck has donated to it not to forget about credit cards, loans, trades. I have gotten to the point of my next mod if I keep it is to gear it up to 5.29s with lockers. Thats a hefty mod and one that I want to make sure I want to do if I will be keeping it. If not then I want to weigh my options. I take very good care of my rig, I guess I baby it more so than others do with their rigs. It has no noticable dents on the body. I traded a buddy my gray bumpers for his chrome bumpers a few months back and the rear bumper has the only noticable dent on the corner. The paint is prime with zero oxidization. The rig is a 1991 that has 174K highway miles as the dealer told me upon purchase and my 36K city/highway miles that I have put on over the last two years. Its a strong running rig with a paper trail to back up all service records. Head gasket recall was done at 145K, the water pump, timing belt/tensioners, and a tune up at 202K. Oil changes have been done every 2K to 3K with Castrol GTX 1030 & Fram filters. I only run Supreme fuel in it and add fuel system cleaners ever three fuel ups. It has new brakes & calipers in the front with 70% in the rear still. I have had a four inch Tough Country suspension lift installed, three inch Roger Brown body lift installed, and it sits on thirty five inch by twelvefive Wild Country TXR tires with a full size thirty five twelve five spare on a Modern rim. I am not sure but have been told the wheels are five spoke Superior rims that are ten inches wide. I have a full size Con Ferr roof rack that holds the spare and a highlift jack. The windows are tinted as dark as the tint shop would do them, and I have installed the Ventshield window visors. I have a Lund brand spoiler, bug guard and custom marker light covers painted to match the blue paint job. I also have a GT brand rear blackout kit and color to match blue dash mat. It has a Pioneer Mosfet detachable face CD player with remote control, Audiovox EQ mounted in dash, Kenwood in dash speakers, Boss 10 inch woofer in box, Cobra CB, three foot Firestick, and a Billet style dash bezel. Mounted up top also are four KC offroading lights with a Carr brand light bar. I have also added back up lamps below the bumper line with a separate power switch. I have a chrome grill guard, custom painted grill with grill mesh from www.eurogrills.com, Cool Blue headlamps, and fog lamps mounted below the front bumper line. This is alot of what I can think about that I have on my rig presently. I am sure there is more that I am forgetting about but thats whats clicking. So with all of that info what would you try to sell a rig like this for or buy it for. I got taken when I bought it in factory shape and am not worried about getting what ive payed into the rig itself. I am looking to get what ive put into modding it and what it is worth in its nice condition. So gimme your thoughts guys N gals. Ben
Old 12-26-2003, 07:23 PM

A shiny red penny?
Old 12-26-2003, 07:29 PM

Just remember, unless you sell to someone with serious off-road interest, a shiny red penny is about all you'll get for all the mods you added. Thats not including the labor, blood, sweat, and love you put into it. I say if your going to pull the trigger return to stock if possible. Either part it, or buy something you can re-use your stuff on.
Aaron
Old 12-26-2003, 07:42 PM
Banned

Ya... I'm with Aaron on this one. Strip it back to stock and part out what you couldn't use on the new one. Probably get alot more out of it that way
Old 12-27-2003, 08:42 PM
Banned for dupe accounts

BigBadBlue how abot I give you my stock 91 with 106,000 miles and you start the fun all over! j/k I love your truck why get rid of it? I think its a beauty sit back and enjoy it. But if you had my truck you could be BigBadTurtle cause mines metalic green. Good luck if you sell it and let us know if you strip those mods and sell them too!
Old 12-28-2003, 03:25 PM
Contributing Member

yeah, you prolly wouldnt get too much. if i were you, i would part out and go that route
Old 12-29-2003, 02:29 PM

It was just a what if question

I know for a fact i'd miss Blue way to much if it were gone. I also know I would never ever get what I want for it. Its almost priceless to me. Know what I mean? Thanks for the advice guys.
Old 12-29-2003, 05:18 PM
Banned for dupe accounts

I understand its a Toyota thing.
Old 12-29-2003, 06:29 PM
Banned

Yo Blue, man you sound pretty attached to that rig... you better keep it. I still get a tear in my eye when I think about a couple of old trucks fallen to the way side:cry:

Plus you already named it!
Old 12-29-2003, 06:57 PM
Banned for dupe accounts

When my parent sold their '90 4runner my mom actually cried even though she was buuying a 2001 Durango. She was really attached to it.
Old 12-30-2003, 04:11 AM

Blue has always been Project Big Bad Blue. The day I got it I was planning out what all I would be doing. I just wish I had waited and found a 4runner with power locks,power windows, sun roof, 5 speed, less miles, and a tail gate mounted spare. I still want a tail gate mount for my spare but dont wanna spend an arm and a leg for shipping. I was so attached that when I was on AOL I made up a screen name called Big Bad Blue & Blue4RunnerOn35s. I dont know what direction in modding Blue I would have gone if I hadnt found Yota Tech though. Yota Tech really was the best place I could have accidently found while surfing the net for Yota parts. I am very proud to be a contributing member and have had the chance to meet so many other Yota owners. Its sweet!