Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Wet Okoles for 3rd gen (Informal Review)

Old 12-03-2005, 08:07 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wet Okoles for 3rd gen (Informal Review) - New Impressions

First, I've researched this board about wet okoles and almost everyone that has them has had a very positive response (w/ the exception of BryanR). From the pics I've seen on this board, I was like WOW...

Had the chance to get a set pretty cheap from a buddy at PP so I said what the heck. I decided on black w/ red piping as I have a red 3rd gen. I went with black b/c people that have them (Cebby was one) said to go darker in color. They even recommended this for people with the light grey or tan interior (like mine).

I got them and would highly recommend uninstalling the seats prior to installation. This makes install so much easier and much cleaner.

After installing the fronts (which is all I ordered), I was a little let down. I didn't like the black that well b/c of all the tan accents in my interior. The seat covers are very comfortable and do add extra cushion as others have mentioned. I've had them on for a few days and the color is growing on me. I am highly considering ordering the rears to match. This may help w/ the look. Another thought was black husky floor mats to darken the interior even more.

One positive thing is when my g/f and co-worker saw them, they asked what I did with the original seats. They thought the wet okoles were new seats instead of covers. They also commented positively on the feel and the extra cushion. (My co-worker at first though thought they didn't look very good.) I won't post pics until I get the rears but if this helps anyone, great.

Last edited by ebelen1; 01-04-2006 at 09:15 AM.
Old 12-03-2005, 08:10 PM
Banned

just to be clear, was the color the only thing that disappointed you? the feel and fit is all great?

i think you should still post pics of the front seats

Last edited by garrett1478; 01-04-2006 at 12:58 PM.
Old 12-03-2005, 08:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
For the record, I don't have Wet Okoles yet, but I will be getting black. My rational is this. I haven't seen any Wet Okoles that the color matches exactly. My personal thought is that if it won't match, it won't look right, so go in another color direction. Plus black won't show all of the dirt...
Old 12-03-2005, 10:14 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by garrett1478
just to be clear, was the color the only thing that disappointed you? the feel and fit is all great?

i think you should still post pics of the front seatd
Yes, it was the color that disappointed me. Otherwise, they are great. One other thing to add is the cost factor. These suckers aren't cheap. To get a full set, front and rears, you're talking over $500. If you're seats are torn or just old, these are worthwhile. Mine were in pretty good shape and really didn't need an upgrade. I just didn't like the look of the stock interior.
Old 12-03-2005, 10:16 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Cebby
For the record, I don't have Wet Okoles yet, but I will be getting black. My rational is this. I haven't seen any Wet Okoles that the color matches exactly. My personal thought is that if it won't match, it won't look right, so go in another color direction. Plus black won't show all of the dirt...
I agree with this rationale but as I posted above, the black stands out quite bit in my truck w/ the stock tan interior. Just wanted others to be aware. I also noted Fink's thread where he wasn't enthused about the tan or mocha color he chose on his last truck.

I respect the knowledge sharing on this board and just wanted to contribute my 2 cents...
Old 01-04-2006, 09:14 AM
Contributing Member

Recant to prior post on Wet Okoles

First, I wasn't happy w/ my Wet Okoles b/c I thought I picked a bad color. (Sorry Cebby for calling you out in the first post but you were right w/ the black color.) The reason I felt this way was I only ordered the fronts, and the black w/ red piping up front and tan everywhere else looked horrible. Since I got a deal on the covers, I decided to order the rears as well. Man, do I love these seat covers now. I also ordered some weathertech floor mats in black to help w/ the color matching.

As I stated before, these covers are great for the following reasons:

1. They look like after-market seats and not just covers.
2. They fit very well.
3. If you live in Socal, install is free at Wet Okole in Costa Mesa.
4. If they get dirty, you don't take them off. You clean them on the seat. Since they are waterproof, you don't have to worry about the water and soap soaking into the seat.
5. They are extremely comfortable. Soft to the touch and extra padding feel is so much better than stock.
6. They just look cool.

Here are a few pics:

Old 01-04-2006, 10:37 AM
Contributing Member

Holy moly, that looks professionally done! I haven't even considered these until I saw this thread. Would these work ok over leather? My front seat is trashed, and I need to do something about it quick!

Thanks!
Old 01-04-2006, 10:52 AM

Looks good. I've only seen a few pics of the covers with the colored piping, and I never really cared for them. You're look sharp though... perhaps the way all the colors tie in together. Nice job.

They will hold up great (at least from my experience), which makes the investment a bit easier to swallow.
Old 01-04-2006, 10:59 AM

Very nice pics Edwin. I can't wait to do this to my rig as I don't want to worry about getting in with wet clothes.
Old 01-04-2006, 12:55 PM
Contributing Member

FYI - I have faded out Wet Okoles in my truck and through the various summers and heat of sitting in traffic - I have some faint sweat stains on the seat. Darker may end up being hotter but will keep these unsightly stains out of view.

I like mine and will eventually replace them when I have the $$.
Old 01-04-2006, 12:58 PM
Contributing Member

I just got mine installed last week and have been very happy w/ them so far.
Installation took about 30 minutes w/o removing the seats.

Last edited by terryjmatthew; 01-04-2006 at 12:59 PM.
Old 01-04-2006, 01:06 PM

I ordered Wet Okoles for my front seats last week and the total price was $192.00 with free shipping.

The colors I got were black on the outside and charcoal on the middle insert.

The pictures above look great, that is for sure!
Old 01-04-2006, 01:31 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by <96 Runner>
Holy moly, that looks professionally done! I haven't even considered these until I saw this thread. Would these work ok over leather? My front seat is trashed, and I need to do something about it quick!

Thanks!
Yes, they work over any material. The cool thing is that you can clean them right on the seat and Wet Okole has some special treatment for fading as the material will fade if not protected from the sun. They also have an odor treatment for neoprene that a guy told me works miracles for odors. Haven't had this issue but you never know...
Old 01-04-2006, 01:32 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by terryjmatthew
I just got mine installed last week and have been very happy w/ them so far.
Installation took about 30 minutes w/o removing the seats.
Mathew, those look sweet. I like the color combo on your truck.
Old 01-04-2006, 01:58 PM
Contributing Member

Thanks Edwin. My girlfriend did a great job picking those out. (My Xmas present)

** Dont pay any attention to how disgusting my carpet is. lol**
Old 01-04-2006, 08:47 PM
Contributing Member

Looks good!

I was definitely a little disappointed with the color choice but after about a week I didn't even notice. If/When I do it again, I'll be going black with FINK in white embroidered in the covers.

Did they fit really snug? On my 2nd gen covers there was some excess on the sides.

Good job man, looks PERFECT!

Fink
Old 01-04-2006, 11:51 PM

I've got a pair of wet okoles and i'd say theyre one of my best investments on my 4runner. I've had them for almost 2 years now and I'm way glad i bought them.

Old 01-05-2006, 06:07 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by 4x4Fink
Looks good!

I was definitely a little disappointed with the color choice but after about a week I didn't even notice. If/When I do it again, I'll be going black with FINK in white embroidered in the covers.

Did they fit really snug? On my 2nd gen covers there was some excess on the sides.

Good job man, looks PERFECT!

Fink
"FINK" on the seats would be cool. I kinda go back and forth whether I should have put a logo or not. For those considering the seats, there's also a cool extra where you can put a pocket sewed on the back of the seat. I wasn't aware of this when I got mine. They hold papers and crap.

To be honest, they fit well but they are not extremely snug. I have excess as well. The guy at Wet Okole told me that they always put some cushion on the measurements so that all seat covers do fit. I guess if you got them wet, they may snug better.

Last edited by ebelen1; 01-05-2006 at 06:08 AM.
Old 01-05-2006, 11:47 AM
Contributing Member

Edwin, did you get some excess fabric to cover your armrest?
Old 01-05-2006, 12:34 PM

nice, Ive always loved the okole seat covers, but the price has put me off, I picked up some inexpensive covers at the dealer, $200 for font and rear, but everything I have always gets destroyed. Any uck getting me a deal on a set too, hahaha, Awesome looks,
Jason

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Wet Okoles for 3rd gen (Informal Review)