Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Wendy..Im home..

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2003, 04:48 AM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wendy..Im home..

Well after a week and a half..and 1000 miles on the Celica...i got my 4Runner back...with a hassel though. The guy calls me yesterday morning and tells me i either need a co-signer or 1500 more bucks or the deal wont work...i tell him i cant do either..and ask him if i can just come get the truck..he says yeah sure..but let me talk to my boss. so i go in there..wait 20 minutes then i finally get to talk to the guy who tells me they have worked out this great deal for me. They drop the monthly payment 100 bucks plus lowerd the term to 48 months...and i no longer need a co-signer or more money. i ask him how they did this he shows me how. they lowered the price of the car 2500 bucks. then he shows me that the loan went from 15000 to 10000 bucks. i ask him why they would take such a loss he tells me cause they know i will tell my friends about them..so they will end up making money off me. guess what else they cut from the package? my warranty and care services. he tells me this is a great deal and it will help out my credit and blah blah blah. i tell him to just give me back the truck..i dont want it since theres no warranty. then he tells me i signed the papers and its binding. i told him i signed the old deal and that wasnt going to work..so i wanted my truck back. he then asked about the check i wrote them..i told him to go ahead and cash it cause it will bounce. so i go out side and he sends the guy, my friend who sold me the truck, out to talk to me. he tells me the Boss told him "does he know that we have the title to his truck" so he tried to hold the check and the title of my truck for some form of blackmail. i also then learn that they have already sold my truck..but it wasnt gone yet. so i get my truck...and my floor liners are missing. i ask my friend to ask the boss what happened to them...he comes back out and tells me...He said its an even trade...miles on the car for the floor mats. i told him to go back in and tell him that i will never come here again. So im like whatever..ill call someone about it tomorrow and i leave. 30 minutes later my friend calls me and tells me the boss just had a meeting with him..and the the guy called me a peice of white trash and bad mouthed the hell out of me. so my friend went over his head and talked to one of the big bosses..and said this whole thing was BS and that he will get me some new mats. all in all..

In summary...I couldnt get a loan that they thought i could..so i got my truck back but not in the way i turned it in...im so pissed! i also got back the checl and title. i have to call my friend today and get this ˟˟˟˟ sorted out. It was hard passing up that deal..but now im glad i did. After 2 minutes back in the 4Runner..it was like being in heaven..

Am i crazy or what? i dont see anyway that i was bound to the car. i signed the old deal which wasnt going to go through...therefor i get my truck, title, and check back. i never signed the new deal...so did i do anything wrong?

also check em out at Gettel Toyota
Old 12-04-2003, 04:57 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nope. If you signed the original deal then that's the only thing they can hold you to. There should have been a clause in the contract about "pending credit approval" since you weren't pre-approved. Since the credit wasn't finalized, the car was never yours to begin with, which means that your truck was never theirs to sell...

If they were worried about your financing, then they shouldn't have let you drive off in their car. The milage is their fault and not yours.
Old 12-04-2003, 05:01 AM
Banned

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
WOO HOO

One: Report them A.S.A.P. to the BBB in your town.

Two: If they didn't send the police after you when you drove off in the 4Runner they knew they were wrong. Get a lawyer and sue their arse off and get some gold plated floor mats!

Old 12-04-2003, 05:07 AM

Wow, man thats a crazy story. I tell you what, some car sells men are just money hungry blood suckers. Dont give a flying flip about you, just to make your hard earned money, that way so the get commision, and get to drive around in their dealership cars. I bet the guy that sold you the celica would of enjoyed a pound of sugar in his gastank.
Old 12-04-2003, 05:12 AM
Contributing Member

Why don't you post the name of that moron, and then we can flood them with calls and e-mails, like the mitsubishi dealer in AZ who screwed the guy on that Evo!
Old 12-04-2003, 05:14 AM

Ooo email bombers...MM
Old 12-04-2003, 05:20 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by mertztr
Why don't you post the name of that moron, and then we can flood them with calls and e-mails, like the mitsubishi dealer in AZ who screwed the guy on that Evo!
I'm all about that. I have no respect for people like that, and businesses that run that way. It's a good thing you had a friend there or you might not have been so lucky to get it resolved. Congrats on getting your truck back too.
Old 12-04-2003, 05:34 AM
Contributing Member

i just totaled the new liners up on PP and its like $200 bucks. i bought them off ebay used..but it still pisses me off. i would rather have the liners not certified toyota floor mats...the boss also thinks that my friend told me i could get my truck back no matter what..but he said nothing like that to me. i knew if the orginal deal didnt go through i would get my truck back..and thats why i didnt sign the new deal when he threw the paper dont in front of me. i told my friend my point..he told me his..and he agreed with me. i have nothing against the guy who sold me the car cause he my friend and helped me out a lot. the boss also pissed me off cause when he was done with me and i told him i wanted my truck back..he basically threw the papers at me as he left. now they have to tell the guy they sold my truck to he cant get it...ifeel sorry for the guy cause he got screw also..but its the dealers fault. i guess once they got that new deal..they figured i would go for it..and just sold the truck then. i wounder how much they sold it for???
Old 12-04-2003, 05:40 AM
Banned

Print out the PP pricing for the liners and fax them to the boss with a professionally worded note explaining to him that the set of liners were missing when you got your truck back and that you expect them to be replaced. Also mention that you would rather part ways cleanly instead of getting the BBB and his corporate management involved, and possibly having to take legal action in small claims court.

Here it 'Bama, it only costs $27 to file a lawsuit in small claims court and you can represent yourslef (of course)...
Old 12-04-2003, 06:17 AM
Contributing Member

I didn't mean post the name of your friend, just your friend's boss.
Old 12-04-2003, 06:24 AM

Corey: You did nothing wrong. You just were involved in a typical Car Salesmans ploy to wring more money out of you. The ploy works by getting you emotionally caught up in the their vehicle, they make it a deal that is so sweet that you can't refuse with warranties and service contracts, you fall for the deal, they take your vehicle, they wait a few days and then tell you that the deal won't go through unless you cough up more money, they change the deal to crappy terms when you don't give them more cash, you want to walk out but they hold your old vehicle for "ransom". My old girl friend had this happen to her.....she buckled and paid them more because she felt she was stuck with the new vehicle. You did the right thing by backing out and you will get your new liners out of them. Report it to the BBB no matter what. The BBB calls the offending party on ALL reports......I don't think their upper management will like having a bad BBB mark on their record.
Old 12-04-2003, 06:43 AM
Contributing Member

If you go to the department page of the pre-owned...the bosses name is Victor..
Old 12-04-2003, 08:16 AM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Corey, (sounds weird) please feel to also to put up a post in this section.

That's what it's there for to alert members to shaggy enterprises.
Old 12-04-2003, 02:12 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Memphis4X4
Corey: You did nothing wrong. You just were involved in a typical Car Salesmans ploy to wring more money out of you. The ploy works by getting you emotionally caught up in the their vehicle, they make it a deal that is so sweet that you can't refuse with warranties and service contracts, you fall for the deal, they take your vehicle, they wait a few days and then tell you that the deal won't go through unless you cough up more money, they change the deal to crappy terms when you don't give them more cash, you want to walk out but they hold your old vehicle for "ransom". My old girl friend had this happen to her.....she buckled and paid them more because she felt she was stuck with the new vehicle. You did the right thing by backing out and you will get your new liners out of them. Report it to the BBB no matter what. The BBB calls the offending party on ALL reports......I don't think their upper management will like having a bad BBB mark on their record.
Ok I hate to admit this, but back when I was 18-19, I worked for a toyota dealer in new car sales. What you described there is exactly what happens, and usually the people are scared into the deal. I remember there was this one time this girl wouldn't get a co-signer, I had to look through like 25 banks until I found one that would take her. They gave her an outrageous interest rate, on top of that my manager slapped on a "additional dealer mark up" of $750 for the extra work to find her a bank. This was on top of the sticker price. The worst part is, is that she was thanking me on her way out. Like I did her a favor or something. Her total cost on that corolla was well over $20,000. For a car that was sticker priced at only $13,000. :pat:
Old 12-05-2003, 08:37 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by sdastg1
Ok I hate to admit this, but back when I was 18-19, I worked for a toyota dealer in new car sales. What you described there is exactly what happens, and usually the people are scared into the deal. I remember there was this one time this girl wouldn't get a co-signer, I had to look through like 25 banks until I found one that would take her. They gave her an outrageous interest rate, on top of that my manager slapped on a "additional dealer mark up" of $750 for the extra work to find her a bank. This was on top of the sticker price. The worst part is, is that she was thanking me on her way out. Like I did her a favor or something. Her total cost on that corolla was well over $20,000. For a car that was sticker priced at only $13,000. :pat:
OMG! That is disgusting I know it's not your fault 'cause you were just doing your job, but that literally makes me feel terrible that she was thanking you right after you screwed her.
Old 12-05-2003, 08:44 AM

Originally posted by sdastg1
Her total cost on that corolla was well over $20,000. For a car that was sticker priced at only $13,000. :pat:
I can't imagine WHY car dealers are thought of as scum with this stuff happening...

Same thing used to happen at a Toyota dealer here in Pgh. They'd take your keys to check out your trade, then you'd be there for a couple of hours begging to get your keys back. Glad they went belly up...
Old 12-05-2003, 08:50 AM
Contributing Member

Corey, I can't believe the crap that they put you through. When I bought my 97, I test drove a 99 at another Toyota Dealership, I gave them the keys for my trade in so they could inspect it. They wouldn't go down in price, and I wanted to leave, but they refused to give my keys back. I finally told them "look I am not going to buy this from you, and I am never coming back. Give me my keys back so I can go to the dealer down the street and buy the 1997." The manager finally came out and gave me my keys.

Some dealers act like 5 year old children!!
Old 12-05-2003, 11:45 AM

A local Budget Auto sales in my area makes it a practice to hold keys ransom.
They tried to do it to me, but I had heard they did that sort of thing, and I was like: "Oh, I need to grab something out of the car. Can I get my keys?" So I go grab whatever, and then tell them I dont want their car.
Then the salesman started stalking me.

I say, Report them to the BBB, and do whatever you have to do, including sueing to get your floor mats back.
Old 12-05-2003, 03:03 PM
Contributing Member

ok guys where the new news...

I talked to my buddy, the one who sold me the cay, today and gave him a price out of that mats. i called him later and he said he gave it to his manager and they are going to get me new ones. the price out was over 200 so i am happy i am getting new ones. last night i was talking to my buddy also, and he was like guess what i came across today its pretty funny..and guess what he does. he reads the first line of the post. i thought it was pretty funny also. so which one of you guys emailed them the post? thanks for the support guys. i also talked to the GM yesterday and he said he was sorry and blah blah blah..you know the usual kind of stuff. well anyways i will be getting some news mats...and i was thinking about selling them...any takers??
Old 12-05-2003, 08:46 PM
Contributing Member

One of my ex's parents run the caddy/GMC/pontiac dealership and they had a couple come in with a Kia Sportage... they owed over 13,000 for a car that was worth less than 11,000. The prediciments people get themselves into... Sorry to hear you got screwed over, but in the odd sort of way, glad to hear your happy to get your truck back and good came out of a not so good situation.