Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

valet remote starter , questions.

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 01:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
valet remote starter , questions.

Hello, I have a valet remote starter with door unlock and lock feature. It works, starts the truck. Unlock and lock the doors just fine.
Questions are, my rear lights tail flash and turn on when its auto started, that's cool, but the front lights do nothing, they work when manualy turned on but nothing when auto starting? I'm thinking they just didn't hook it up correctly.
Secondly, I have an aux button on the fob that does nothing, I've searched around and people are saying that you can do pretty much anything with it. Id like it to roll down all the windows including the rear window and the sunroof if possible. Id roll them back up from the inside once I'm done driving. I'm probably hoping for too much but love to make electronics do cool things. I was thinking if I found all the hot window down leads, I could jump a wire to all of them and control them. Not sure if the unit has a set amount of time the aux puts out juice for, or if they would run untill my thumb comes off the aux switch on the key fob ?
If it was a set amount of time I wouldn't do it, don't wanna burn motors up.
So just wondering if anyone else had done this, or thought about it ? It seems do able. The picts are from my fob.
Old 02-15-2013, 04:44 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a valet remote start too, I've never looked to see if the tail lights come on. However, if my headlights are off the system will still light the front markers/parking lights. If the headlights were left on, they come on too. Not sure your year, but my '99 allows keeping headlight switch on, they come on when engine starts, off when engine off and door opens. This is an issue if I remote start, and then either turn it off with remote or it times out, the lights stay on.

Regarding window, yeah I looked into it too years ago, I seem to remember you need to buy an extra module to work with windows... But you could rig up something with relays and stuff. Check the12volt.com for how to do a lot of cool stuff with relays and without special modules for everything
Old 02-15-2013, 05:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Does your green led on the remote key fob stay on when the truck is running via the auto start? Mine does not, wish it did just to let you know its running. No biggie I can usually hear it running , yea sounds like mines not hooked up not quite right. I'm good with wires so I think I can get it working right. I haven't had time to look at it and see what it can do. I'm all about moding, I'm going to try to play with the aux feature, if I get it working to do something, ill post it up. I might need to start fresh with the install, but I'm planing on getting an alarm soon. I want them to work together, or go get a nice viper to do it all, thanks for your input.