Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

URD fuel mods installed!

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2004, 07:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
URD fuel mods installed!

Well...I just picked up my 4runner tonight from my mechanic with the fuel mods installed and all I have to say is WOW. The ping is gone and I definitely notice an increase in power. My mechanic had some doubts about the kit but after talking to Brian and having Gadget talk to my mechanic we got everything squared away. Thanks guys! I had the FTC installed in the glove compartment and it seems to be a perfect place for it. Now I just need to pick up a cable to connect it to my laptop and fine tune it. I did find one problem with the kit that I don't know how I'm going to solve...when I hit the accelerator from a stop the tires make this weird sound .

Next on the list will be the ITP valve body recalibration and a set of headers after that! Woohooo...!
Old 02-26-2004, 07:50 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by ibsprocket
Well...I just picked up my 4runner tonight from my mechanic with the fuel mods installed and all I have to say is WOW. The ping is gone and I definitely notice an increase in power. My mechanic had some doubts about the kit but after talking to Brian and having Gadget talk to my mechanic we got everything squared away. Thanks guys! I had the FTC installed in the glove compartment and it seems to be a perfect place for it. Now I just need to pick up a cable to connect it to my laptop and fine tune it. I did find one problem with the kit that I don't know how I'm going to solve...when I hit the accelerator from a stop the tires make this weird sound .

Next on the list will be the ITP valve body recalibration and a set of headers after that! Woohooo...!
Sounds good! Lets see some pics of the FTC
Old 02-26-2004, 08:05 PM

Have any pictures of your rig? Sounds like you got a sweet 4Runner, so when do we get to see the dyno numbers?
Old 02-26-2004, 08:33 PM

Exclamation

Here is a pic of the FTC install...looks like i'll be needing to smooth out the cut a little bit...
Attached Thumbnails URD fuel mods installed!-ftc.jpg  
Old 02-26-2004, 08:35 PM

Another shot...
Attached Thumbnails URD fuel mods installed!-ftc2.jpg  
Old 02-26-2004, 08:43 PM

I will try to get pictures up of my 4runner tomorrow during the daytime...but for now here's a pic of my Range Rover that I couldn't resist putting up. I drove the Range Rover around town while the URD kit was being installed. You would not believe the looks I got in it. One construction crew completely stopped what they were doing and just stared and pointed. Please notice the cat sleeping in the left seat
Attached Thumbnails URD fuel mods installed!-rr.jpg  
Old 02-26-2004, 08:48 PM
Contributing Member

I will try to get pictures up of my 4runner tomorrow during the daytime...but for now here's a pic of my Range Rover that I couldn't resist putting up. I drove the Range Rover around town while the URD kit was being installed. You would not believe the looks I got in it. One construction crew completely stopped what they were doing and just stared and pointed. Please notice the cat sleeping in the left seat
Did you have anybody sitting upthere when you were driving around?
Old 02-26-2004, 08:53 PM

Unfortunately no...i'm sure there is some law prohibiting that . The seats are used when cruising slowly on a large piece of property where I go hunting
Old 02-26-2004, 08:55 PM
Contributing Member

Unfortunately no...i'm sure there is some law prohibiting that . The seats are used when cruising slowly on a large piece of property where I go hunting
so how do ya get up there?
Old 02-26-2004, 09:01 PM

There's a ladder made out of the same tubing on the opposite side. The seats can be easily removed and the whole setup can be taken off the rig by popping out 4 pins. Bigger leaf springs were installed so that it would handle the added weight on top. Gotta love the leather seats and wood trim in the middle of the woods...especially since I bought it for $1200 (pre sex change)

Last edited by ibsprocket; 02-26-2004 at 09:06 PM.
Old 02-27-2004, 09:42 AM

How much did your mechanic charge for installation and how long did it take him? I don't have any pinging, just want the S/C giving all it's got.
Old 02-27-2004, 10:19 AM

Yahoooo!!!

Gadget
Old 02-27-2004, 12:00 PM
Contributing Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad to hear and from Gadget's kit I would expect nothing less.
Definately get John to hook you up on the tranny side too!!!
Old 02-27-2004, 12:15 PM

The mechanic charged $350 for everything...to tell you the truth i'm really not sure if this was a good deal or if I got ripped off. He claimed it took him 16 hours! It sounded like was longer than it should have taken but he's a family friend of ours and I didn't really have anyone else to go to. If I could do it over again I probably would have had him do the fuel kit and the supercharger at the same time so it wouldn't have been such a pain the ass to basically reinstall supercharger when the fuel stuff was put in. But I defnitely did like to see the increase in power after I added the fuel kit! I can't wait to see how the valve body upgrade and headers will make it feel. And to think that 6 months ago I was going to install a supercharger and then leave it alone...yotatech has show me the light.

David
Old 02-27-2004, 03:28 PM

IB:
As long as the guy did a good job, $350 is a great price for his time, considering he had to remove the SC, gas tank, etc. I'm in the process of installing a SC and URD kit (at the same time), and it can be time consuming, but I look forward to the payoff.
John
Old 02-27-2004, 04:56 PM

$350 is a little light. You got a great deal, trust me.

Gadget
Old 02-28-2004, 05:53 AM
Contributing Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow!!! $350 is a smokin deal for that amount of work.
Old 03-15-2004, 11:34 AM
Contributing Member

ibsprocket, did the mechanic install new gaskets when reinstalling the SC? I'm waiting for warmer weather up here to do the installation myself (or, if I chicken out, pay a mechanic to do it for me!) and want to have everything I need before I start.

Anyone else out there with a report on the URD performance upgrade kit? Any tips on installation would be appreciated!
Old 03-15-2004, 12:08 PM

i'll do it for $300

creed
Old 03-15-2004, 01:26 PM
Contributing Member

CSTARY, don't suppose you wanna drive on out here to beautiful, balmy Indiana for that installation, do you?

If I knew somebody who KNEW what he was doing with Toy trucks, I'd gladly pay $300 just for some help! I'd like to do it myself, but not being very mechanically inclined, I'm afraid that I could do much more than $300 worth of damage to my SC or engine just taking it off! :cry:

So, if you have any reason to visit beautiful, balmy northern Indiana (you might enjoy watching the Amish buggies trotting by) gimme a buzz.

Quick Reply: URD fuel mods installed!