Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Toytech 3" Spacer Lift Kit????

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 12:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Toytech 3" Spacer Lift Kit????

Ok, You all know that the lift kit mentioned in the title comes with spacers for thr front struts and with longer coils in the rear to achieve a combined 3" lift. BTW I installed one of this on my 1997 4Runner SR5 2WD. With the kit installed my truck looks like it seats a bit higher than the front. Is this a known issue with this types of kits? I kept the factory front coils. Could this be the cause? Also toytech sales a thin spacer that is used to correct the driver's side front height. Does anybody had the same problem?

Here is a picture of my truck, although this pic barely shows the difference in height front to back:

Old 03-30-2011, 04:38 AM
Banned

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
Front lower is the normal rake of the vehicles stock suspension.
I've installed dozens of these lifts and never had to balance out one left/right with a trim packer.

If it's off that way the better option would be new coilivers up front as your front coils/shocks are worn out.

:wabbit2:
Old 03-30-2011, 09:44 AM

Pretty sure those trim packers are ONLY for the OME coilover setup, but I might be wrong.

Looks good.
Old 08-13-2011, 06:21 AM

I have a question about this system, i recently replaced my front struts with bilstein hd's because they originals were worn out and i need to also replace my rear's but i want to get the toytec 3" kit that comes with the spacers in the front and the longer coil springs in the rear, my question is do i need to buy longer rear struts or will the factory length bilstein hds work? Since i have to buy new rear struts anyway i just need to know which length?? Any help would be apreciated.
Old 08-13-2011, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by SHAWNB
I have a question about this system, i recently replaced my front struts with bilstein hd's because they originals were worn out and i need to also replace my rear's but i want to get the toytec 3" kit that comes with the spacers in the front and the longer coil springs in the rear, my question is do i need to buy longer rear struts or will the factory length bilstein hds work? Since i have to buy new rear struts anyway i just need to know which length?? Any help would be apreciated.
You have shocks on the rear. And yes you will need longer shocks. And yes your factory shocks might work but they will be over extended and fail in a short time.
Hope that helped.
Old 08-23-2011, 06:16 PM

I have some revtek spacers on my taco and it rides really rough :/ the whole thing is like falling apart.
Old 08-27-2011, 09:43 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Originally Posted by ricky
Pretty sure those trim packers are ONLY for the OME coilover setup, but I might be wrong.

Looks good.
You are correct. The front trim packers are for the OME coil overs. As the OP stated, we do sell a 1/4" top plate spacer to correct the driver side lean.

http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

Originally Posted by SHAWNB
The stock rear shocks will work with this set up. However, we do recommend replacing them for the best ride quality possible. I would recommend going with a Bilstein 5125 in the rear. That's what I have in my 3rd gen and it rides great!

http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

If you have any further questions feel free to give us a call. My extension is 107.

Thanks,

Jeff