Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

stupid stuff we have have all done

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2004, 07:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
stupid stuff we have have all done

after reading a thread about a kid getting his windshield blasted because he was getting "sprayed" i am curious to hear about other stupid accidents that have happened. my best stupid moment was when i accidently ran over my friend in his own jeep. he was ok but ill never forget the look on his girlfriends face that night :cry:
Old 12-19-2004, 11:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's something, but here's one: about 2 years ago I was following this p/u truck and it was obvious that he was moving his furniture.., the matress fell off and I ran over the damn thing, I put 2 big tire marks right down the center of it. He was pissed but he should have tied it down!
Old 12-19-2004, 11:22 AM

when i was 17 i had an f-100 with a 351 windsor and a 125 shot of nitrous. i picked up another 125 hp nos kit used at a swap meet, bought me some longer carb studs, and stacked the two plates.

result? it pulled hard, real hard, for about 5 seconds. most of the piston rings wound up in the oil pan, and there was a small fire caused by a backfire through the carb.

but hey, i was 17
Old 12-19-2004, 11:27 AM

I did a roof ride on my friend's Corolla once...of course alcohol was involved.
Old 12-19-2004, 11:41 AM
Contributing Member

These are supposed to be stupid things right? Here goes.

So you go to work every day and you generally park in the same area. Well one day, someone is parked in MY spot so I have to park elsewhere. End of the day comes and ˟˟˟˟˟, I forgot I was supposed to be home an hour ago so my wife could go to an appointment. I run out, jump in the truck, fire her up, jam it in reverse and WHAM : . What the f#$@! Some m.f.er hit me from behind . Well after looking in my rear view mirror, I realized that I rear ended the only telephone pole in the parking lot .

Luckily, the rear glass didn't shatter but the pole left a perfect imprint in the bumper and the tailgate. It would have been worse if I didn't have a rear tow hitch b/c that is where the pole stopped modifying my truck:cry:

On a positive note, it gave me a reason to replace the stock rear bumper (if you can call it that) with something more robust (hopefully like Flygtenstein's rear bumper ). Right now, I have a temporary replacement used bumper back there with no end caps until I get something fabbed up
Old 12-19-2004, 11:50 AM
Del

Something stupid eh...

Non-4Runner related : Went 53 feet on a 55 foot jump at Mammoth two years ago.

In the 4Runner : Flying through the desert whoops at 12 at night doing about 60 (with BALD tires) and after each "whoop" was a huge mud pit. Glad I didn't get stuck.

My Friend : Ironing board surfing being towed from a car. Lets just say I didn't know gravel could stay in your skin for so long...
Old 12-19-2004, 11:55 AM

If someone has a way to link up a mpeg...I have a video clip of a kid who tries to climb on top of his truck while he's driving, leaving no on behind the wheel. The truck veers off and hits a pole. It's an awesome video...let me know if someone can post it for me and I'll email to them.
Old 12-19-2004, 12:45 PM

That vid has been posted twice. Red Chevy truck if I remember.
Old 12-19-2004, 12:52 PM

In highschool I had a 66 Dart GT with a passenger side rusted out floor board and a floor mat covering it. I drove into this huge puddle in the malls parking lot. I got so frikkin soaked as did my interior. It was fall so it was very cold. dumb dumb dumb
Old 12-19-2004, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by zebra1550
If someone has a way to link up a mpeg...I have a video clip of a kid who tries to climb on top of his truck while he's driving, leaving no on behind the wheel. The truck veers off and hits a pole. It's an awesome video...let me know if someone can post it for me and I'll email to them.
that guy is the king of stupidity. that WAS a nice truck.
Old 12-19-2004, 02:56 PM

we used to get bored and tie things to the back of our cars and drag em till they were gone. we got a port-o-potty tied to the back of my friends Heep and when he took a turn the potty caught up with the car and he hit it and sh%t went all over the car. this really happened im not making it up. it smelled bad for weeks. even after the carwashes
Old 12-19-2004, 03:18 PM
Contributing Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
writing the same word twice consequtively in the topic title
Old 12-19-2004, 03:23 PM
Contributing Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
the stupidest thing i have done involving the truck? hmmm, let me think... this would have to take the cake:

they say a pictures says a thousand words right?

Last edited by Brendan; 12-19-2004 at 03:24 PM.
Old 12-19-2004, 04:04 PM
Contributing Member

Who the hell drove the tractor into the mud pit?

A couple of my stupidist...

On my dirtbike I took a huge hill climb at a gravel pit only to find out at the top was about a 25ft drop off on the other side. Talk about unprepared. That one deffinatly was pretty painful

Me and a friend of mine found a anbandon car and we were towing it around in wiht my truck and the end hooked to the car came unhooked. The metal hook came flying back at my truck and put a dent in it about the size of a grapefruit. I threw that rope away.
Old 12-19-2004, 04:05 PM

Location: 100 miles offshore as much as possible, & Springfield Oregon USA
Doesn't look stupid to me, unless that's a sewage pit... stuck is good, it means you're trying....

For me, lotso stuff. Stuck door handle deep in a muddy pond in my 4Runner. It was 2 weeks old. That wasn't so bad, but I opened the door... THAT was stupid! Worse, I had just yanked a jeep pickup (the big Tonka toy model) out of that same pond and gave him a pretty hard time. Guess who rescued me?

Running the beach and playing in the shallow water. SEA water. And finding a deep spot. At speed. With the sunroof removed... Luckily we knew how fast a rig can disappear and my buddies yanked me right out, or I would have had no 4Runner...

Experimenting with the novelty of lockers, in 2wd dumping the clutch and doing circles on concrete with some sand on it. Great fun until I caught traction - up on 2 wheels! I recovered and it hovered that way for a sec before coming down on the wheels. Felt like an eternity...

Part of the company building were on the other side of the small town. I drove bck and forth a lot. One day I took a "shortcut" through a muddy trail. Got stuck. ON company time. That was the day my winch failed. I walked back and got one of the guys to pull me out. I waited for weeks for rumor to reach my boss, but it never did (apparently.)

By the way, that was a Warn winch, and the failure was the motor was rusted solid inside. It was 2 years old and out of warranty. I called Warn to order a motor, they told me it was a known problem, sent it to me NO Charge, and it was on my doorstep the next day! The new one was redesigned, and it worked for another 10 years (may still be working for all I know.) THAT's service. Buy Warn!

Last edited by Flamedx4; 12-19-2004 at 04:09 PM.
Old 12-19-2004, 04:24 PM
Contributing Member

Don't ask more q's about what i am going to tell you but:

I was trying to get ....rid.. of a car one time, when i was younger, so i drove it to a remote location and pored gas all over it and inside it. well that was not the stupidest part it came when i stuck my head in the window to try and light it with a lighter and it exploded all around my head, glass flying every where. I ended up with nothing but a couple of scratches on my face. lucky i was.

But i didn't learn my lesson about I was trying to lite my gas BBQ grill and the starter wasn't working so i had the gas going and stuck a match in a hole in the bottum and put my head right over the rack to see where the hole was and kaboom, explosion all around my head this time i lost a eyebrow and a good hair cut.

I have others but those are the worst.
Old 12-20-2004, 07:17 PM

4th of july 02. went with a friend to her family's place out of town. wanted to show her sister and bf how to mod piccalo pete's. well I over modded the sob and used the wrong type of tubing. DO NOT USE PVC PIPE when shooting PP"s into the air. So I am sitting down by the creek and they are all up on the porch area. I light it and hear the screech............... then BAMM. Pieces of pvc everywhere, ringing in my ears, and the bright flash still in my eyes. But nobody got hurt just my PP modding ability.
Old 12-20-2004, 11:51 PM

hanging out the window of a tahoe with a 25lb cinder block aiming at a mailbox my buddy got too close and took out the pass side mirror. glass everywhere including in me. that got him kicked out of his house for at least a week. i gave him a floor to crash on since it was probably my idea.

other than that i kidnapped baby jesus once
Old 12-21-2004, 07:06 AM

setting a friend up to grab an ignition sytem tester I made from an old spark plug. Left the ground clip hanging on the fender and KNEW with the engine running, it was gonna hurt. And still grabbing the thing.
Old 12-21-2004, 10:15 AM
Contributing Member

Talking Ive got one..

This one wasn’t me directly but I had a little to do with it! Imagine your 14 and bored, its freaking snowing and below freezing out side. We were all at an old friend’s parent’s house down along the river in a very very nice development. Joey got the brilliant idea to take the dirt bikes and 4 wheelers out in the snow "they all raced motocross back then". We were riding around when it hit me, hey try to ride across the river, its way low and totally frozen over! Joey not being the brightest star in the sky said Ill do it, and took off on his totally raced out KX125, he made it about half way out when he broke through the ice! He was freaking out, so here is where it gets bad! We manage to get him back off of the ice with one of his dads long ladders, but what about the bike you ask! We tied a rope around the rear wheel that was still sticking out of the ice and went back into the house looking for keys to his dads truck, well at 14 we had no luck and no one knew how to start his dads Bobcat excavator, so we thought dude, your moms keys are here! She had a very nice summer only Mercedes 450 SEL convert, he backed it out into the snow and it started to spin so he nailed it! He got the car back to the rope "on a boat ramp" and hooked it up under the bumper to a tow loop or something and started KILLING the car trying to pull this dirt bike from a big hole in the ice! We eventually got the bike out but the amount of burned rubber off of her rear tires and the mud all over the car and the tire tracks and the fact that the bike was full of water and the fact that Joey was pretty banged up from the thick ice he got in a lot of ˟˟˟˟! Ahh the good old days, can you imagine looking out your window in a snow storm to see 5 young teen-agers burning the tires off of a Mercedes drop top pulling a dirt bike out of the river!! WTF! Man those were the days, needless to say we were not allowed to spend snow days at Joey and Mikes house after this day! I would hate to see what could have happened had we figured out how to start the Bobcat or the F350 4x4 “ His dad owns a construction company”! I’m glad I don’t have kids!!

Quick Reply: stupid stuff we have have all done