Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Stolen Truck

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2003, 10:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stolen Truck

Hey guys my dad's truck was stolen from infront of my parent's house last night. They live on the east hill of Kent, Wa.

It's a black 1988 toyota 4x2 Wa. with a black Stockland canopy license A45953R.

If you see it please call the police.

Thanks.
Old 04-11-2003, 11:18 AM
Contributing Member

I'll keep my eyes opened! Any pics? Good luck!
Old 04-11-2003, 04:01 PM

i doubt ill see it here in cali but ill keep my eyes peeled
Old 04-11-2003, 04:18 PM

Sorry no pics. Seems the thief(s) used the cut down key method, as there was no glass on the ground to suggest that a window was broken.

Thanks again for keeping an eye out.
Old 04-12-2003, 04:28 PM

that sucks, good luck in finding it.
Old 04-12-2003, 11:43 PM
Contributing Member

that bastard!

Hey i'll keep my Eyes open back this way and check the ads but i douibt it 'i'll end up back this way...put the word out to our african web types but most likely its just some joy riders or parts strippers, MAY THEY ROT IN HELL, sorry i should'nt yell but people who rip off peoples rides should get shot...In the old west if someone waas up on your horse you could shoot him dead and ther would be no arguement from anybody...john Q. laws or otherwise...too bad we got civilized...hope it works out for your dad...Cheers aviator
Old 04-13-2003, 07:37 PM

A would-be car thief DID get shot by the owner recently in Great Falls, Montana. The 17 year old car thief died from a gunshot in the back of the head from 3 feet away. He was shot with a 357. The shooter/owner is going to be on trial for murder.

I've had my former truck broken into, and my brother's truck was stolen. All this happened in Kent, WA.

The car thief problem will only get worse until the legislators put some real teeth into the laws involving car theft and break-ins.

Glenn
Old 04-14-2003, 03:30 PM
Contributing Member

Bummer about your Dad's truck- I'll keep my eyes open. What's the cut down key method?
Old 04-14-2003, 03:55 PM

One of the disadvantages of double sided keys used on most Japanese vehicles up until 1995 was that they could be picked by shaving down another key and jiggling it in the lock.
Case in point I once accidentally used a worn key from my Audi and opened and started the 4Runner.
I am having my locks changed soon with a more secure tumpbler now that I know how easy they are to replace.
Old 04-15-2003, 08:37 AM

ill keep an eye out, but doubt it will be down here. lol
Old 04-15-2003, 05:48 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Mack

I am having my locks changed soon with a more secure tumpbler now that I know how easy they are to replace.
I'm interested in that, could you do a write up when you do?

I'll keep an eye out for the truck but I doubt I'll see it here. Sorry bout the theft.
Old 04-15-2003, 09:45 PM

Originally posted by Krash
[B]I'm interested in that, could you do a write up when you do?

B]
Absolutely
Old 04-18-2003, 09:37 AM
Contributing Member

sorry about your dads truck!

I have been thinking long and hard on the anti-theft thing. first I'm in no real danger as my truck is a 94 and I don't like cosmetic changes so its high on function low on crome. I know that the truck is worth more in parts than sold as a whole so I wonder if putting a tuffy locking center console with drink holders and a cool place to put lets say a fuel pump and computer cut out switch. would this mess with the computer to have its brains disconected every time I threw the switch....
speaking of throwing the switch
GLENN wrote " The 17 year old car thief died from a gunshot in the back of the head from 3 feet away. He was shot with a 357. The shooter/owner is going to be on trial for murder"

so I'm thinking what lessons can we take from this? will it be
A) guns are BAD?
or
B) people shouldn't take other peoples stuff?
I hope the majority here at least will answer "B"

I sure hope this guy doesn't do time.

live free or die??????
Old 04-18-2003, 10:42 PM
Contributing Member

guns don't kill, people kill

I choose option B!...People should keep their paws off other peoples stuff...and i agree that guy should get no time at all, give him a suspended sentence at most...If that punk had gotten away with his ride would insurance have replaced it? I don't think so...at best they would have given him the "market" value of the truck...and we all know that is far below replacement cost...maybe now the other punks on the street in his town will think twice about boosting someone's ride...I doubt it though...I bet people in the punks 'hood are whining about what a good boy he was etc. B$#S^&T " Good Kids don't steal. And if it was part of a "jumping in" thats one less gangbanger on the street and they should give that guy a medal. As far as I'm concened the only good gangbanger is a dead one. I'm not a religious man but they used to say, " thou shalt not suffer a witch to live." Maybe they should have said, "thou shalt not suffer a theif to live."...There I said it...I feel better... Cheers Aviator
Old 04-19-2003, 05:39 PM

That sucks about the truck, whats the latest news, if any?

I agree with you guys on the gunshot incident. The guy would have never died if he wasn't stealing the car, but he was and so he caused his death. Here in colorado we have the Make my day law, basically if someone breaks into your house, you can legally kill him, or hurt him, but if you hurt him and he escapes, then he can sue. I'm reminded of the story where a robber fell through a skylight onto a knife in the kitchen of the house he was robbing, and sued the owner.
Old 04-19-2003, 09:07 PM
Contributing Member

i just had a thought!

They used to hang horse thieves...why not give the death penalty to car thieves?...I bet after a few were left dangling by their necks in the town square there would be a lot less cars thefts...just a thought...
Old 04-19-2003, 10:54 PM

Hey guys,

Well it's been just over a week with no word from the police, so I'm thinking that we'll never see it again.

Good thing that might come out of the whole ordeal is the pops was talking about getting a 4Runner as a replacement. Just have to wait and see what he decides, and how much the insurance pays out.

Again thanks for keeping a look out .
Old 04-20-2003, 05:56 PM

Unlike the rest of you, I think the man deserves hard time. Its obvious that either the man snuck up behind the 17 year old who was trying to enter the car or chased the kid away due to the shot in the back of the head. And 3 feet proximity??? Unless the kid was attacking the man, its murder. In my opinion the man could have simply called the police and stopped the boy using the gun to threaten him. He shot him in the back of the head from three feet, its obvious that it could have been avoided and the man did nothing to avoid that result.
Old 04-20-2003, 07:51 PM

The guy had his truck broken into previously.

The kid had alcohol in his system.

I think the guy should do SOME time, but not hard time. I really don't think that you should protect property with deadly force. Life is another story entirely. Property is a thing that can be replaced, whereas life cannot.

From what I gathered, the guy heard noises from inside his house at midnight. He went outside to investigate. Saw kid in truck and confronted him. Words were exchanged, and the kid got out. The man felt threatened by this. The kid ran, and the guy shot him. I don't know if he told the kid to stop or what. But it does sound like the situation happened really fast and snap decisions were made.

I feel bad for the guy because he killed someone. I also feel bad for the kid's family. A truly unfortunate situation where there are no winners.

I love my truck, but I would not kill someone for breaking into it. As satisfying as that might seem, there is a line that I cannot cross.

I also think that people that break into other people's cars are low lifes, and should get serious azz whupping. But killing them is going too far.

Glenn
Old 04-21-2003, 04:51 PM

Update

Just found out that the truck was recovered
Was found about 2 miles from my parents house, neighbor said it had been there for about a week.

No damage to any of the locks or the ignition.

Couple of minor things stolen, couple of McDonald's bags left behind.

Quick Reply: Stolen Truck