Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ohh bed liners... i dunno, id have to do some research give me an hour or so
Old 03-09-2003, 06:25 AM

does no one have a spray in bed liner?

Old 03-09-2003, 06:27 AM

Line-X is the best thing going.

More important then the brand name is the installer's work. The difference between a good job and a bad job is the prep work the installer does.

Like I said Line-X is the best thing going, but I know one Line-X shop in my area that does not do good prep work and sprays it on way to thin. The other Line-X shop does incredible work. Goes overkill on the prep work and does a nice thick liner.

This guy gets a lot of business from people that have already had a spray in liner done, but done WRONG. At least half of his work is redoing liners from that other companies have botched.

Do your home work and check out the shop and their work carefully before you have it done. That is what I did and I am convinced that I choose the right brand and more importantly the right shop to install it.

Gadget

www.GadgetOnline.com
Old 03-09-2003, 07:08 AM
Contributing Member

When I did my research, I came up with Speed-Liner as being the best for the money.

The two Rhinoliner dealers in my area did not give me any confidence in their work. One of them had only been installing them for a few weeks. I was not going to let them practice on my new truck. The other one did not even have the descency to answer my questions. They were also very expensive. One rhino dealer wanted $500 plus an extra $75 to do the bed rails. The other dealer wanted $675 do do the job. Same stuff, same state, two different prices. Every Rhino liner that I have seen was worn out and faded within a year. They also charge extra to put on a UV coating to resist fading.

The Speed liner had the highest tensile strength of the bunch. It was rated much higher than Rhino or Linex. It also has a UV protectant incorporated into the mixture. The Speed-Liner is applied hot and needs about a day to cure. Something in the heating process builds extra strength. The tech had been installing them for over 5 years and did a great job. The 5 year old liner on his truck looked brand new. He did the whole job for $475 out the door. It was a good deal on a great product.

Here are a few pics. Please excuse the dirty truck. It just snowed. The installer did a great job of removing all of the bed hardware and reinstalling it after the liner was sprayed. He didn't just spray over all of the screws and tiedowns.

Check out the Speed Liner site here.

Old 03-09-2003, 07:12 AM

Thanks man Looks great. Thats what i needed. Anyone have any other opions with the rino liners?
Old 03-09-2003, 08:12 AM

When I had my Taco, I had the bed Rhino lined. It was, dollar for dollar, the single best mod Ive ever purchased. If I remember right, it was $380.00 out the door... That was up, over the box side. There are cheaper spay ins out there, I have no expierence w/ those. The rhino liner is warranteed for as long as you own the rig.
Old 03-09-2003, 03:50 PM

It sucks that I don't have a line-x dealer in my area. I am leaning towards Rhino unless I can be convinced otherwise.

Martin
Old 03-09-2003, 04:17 PM
Contributing Member

Martin,

Every Rhino that I have seen lost it's texture and turned grey after a relatively short amount of time. I would suggest looking into something else.
Old 03-09-2003, 04:34 PM

I have a spray in liner and its the best investment I have made for my yota. When I took the factory liner out just after 4 months I was baffled at the damage it had done to the paint on the bed of the bed. I highly recommend a spray in liner. It has great durability and the warranty stands for itself. Plus it will increase the resale value of your vehicle.
Old 03-09-2003, 05:08 PM

Originally posted by tomus1000
Martin,

Every Rhino that I have seen lost it's texture and turned grey after a relatively short amount of time. I would suggest looking into something else.
Never had any problem w/ mine. Had the truck for 3.5 yrs.
Old 03-09-2003, 05:55 PM

i have a rhino liner

seems wicked tough to me.

only had it a couple months though
Old 03-10-2003, 03:52 AM

I used Perma-tech http://www.perma-tech.com/sprayon/ at the time they were the only one I could find that would color match. They couldn't quite match my Lunar Mist, it ended up gray, but better than black
Old 03-10-2003, 05:32 AM
Contributing Member

Scroll though this thread.

I used to work for Rhino Linings, and I feel they are the best liner around. But, like Gadget said, there are dealer to dealer variances in quality and know-how of all spray in liners.

However, I will disagree with Gadget, and speak from experience when I say Rhino is the best product around. They are the originator, and are the most flexible of the sprayed in liner.

Someone mentioned Rhino turning gray and the texture wearing off. Well, as for the turning gray (if it wasnt a gray color option to begin with) then you must know that a liner, like your truck, needs to be taken care of too. If you let the paint on your truck sit, never to be washed, I garantee you will have color fade over time. As for the texture fade, well that really depends on usage.

Anyway, check out the previous thread.
Old 03-10-2003, 05:48 AM
CTB

Originally posted by <96 Runner>

Someone mentioned Rhino turning gray and the texture wearing off. Well, as for the turning gray (if it wasnt a gray color option to begin with) then you must know that a liner, like your truck, needs to be taken care of too. If you let the paint on your truck sit, never to be washed, I garantee you will have color fade over time. As for the texture fade, well that really depends on usage.
Just curious...how do you go about taking care of the Rhino Liner so as to keep the color looking as close to original as possible? I was considering having it applied to my rocker panels, so this would be go information for me to know. Thanks-

CTB
Old 03-10-2003, 06:21 AM
Contributing Member

Really, all you have to do is keep it clean with soap and a scrub brush. The Rhino pigment has built in UV protectants, so it will maintain a shine. But, like I said before, you have to care for it like you would your truck.

Each dealer will usually sell a product that keeps the shine and maintains the grip (I can remember the name of it). You never want to use Armor All, or anything else that might crack it in the sun.

Since you are looking into rocker panels, you should wash them every time you wash the truck, and you will be fine. The brush will help you get inside the texture.
Old 03-10-2003, 09:42 AM
CTB

Gracias, thanks for the info - I appreciate it.
Old 03-10-2003, 04:55 PM

Originally posted by tomstin
I used Perma-tech http://www.perma-tech.com/sprayon/ at the time they were the only one I could find that would color match. They couldn't quite match my Lunar Mist, it ended up gray, but better than black
The dealer whats to charge me an extra 150$ for the uv protection? is this right?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Spray in liners