Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Souped head/manifolds here

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2004, 02:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Souped head/manifolds here

Hi all, my first post on this forum but frequent Delphi and CT …

I met someone who does head and manifold work on anything from viper v10s to 3RZ taco motors. Since there are few that offer these heads, I thought I’d share another reliable source for very high quality heads.

Fluft V6 Heads: $800 for both. ported & polished, 5 angle valve job
Fluft I4 Head: $650 ea. ported & polished, 5 angle valve job
Fluft V6 Upper, middle and lower intake manifold ported & polished: $250
Fluft I4 manifold ported & polished: $200
Bead blasted manifold $60 4 or 6
High temp (500*) transparent yellow, blue or red coating for manifold $40.
I'll be able to powdercoat just about anything just about any color opaque or transparent soon.

This guy has done heads on several national record holding cars. There will be before and after dynos done for both NA and blown motors. The heads will be ported/polished to your specs for your application. Boost over 15psi will not be a problem for the v6 for those of you running a bigger blower or turbo. This guy has CNC'd head duplicates on the market under a big name in the dodge viper aftermarket. He does very nice work.

We are looking for a few guiney pigs to get the work done at a highly discounted price so we can get realistic before and after numbers. SO if you have a 4 or 6 NA or Blown get in touch with me. We're looking at a 4-5 day turn around in a month from now. He is going down to puerto rico for 2 weeks to work on imports.

All of these prices are without core charges which are refundable. All I have right now is what's replaced by my blower, the upper intake manifold. I'm sure there are a few other intakes floating around but for the v6, you're going to want the lower manifold to port and polish too. Also, obviously, you'll get the greatest gains by doing the manifold and head work together, you can even send me your headers to have them matched up to the exhaust ports on your head(s). Also, your heads can be ported to compliment any cam spec you want, stiffer springs, head milling, custom cams, bigger valves etc. are all available. Shipping is extra $$$.

The guy said this work would get my truck into the mid 13s... It runs 14.60s now. Email me for more details. christopherahenderson@@yahoo.com (remove @).

I look forward to learning more about my truck from you guys on this forum.

Thanks,
Chris
Old 04-07-2004, 02:36 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by fluff
Hi all, my first post on this forum but frequent Delphi and CT …
Welcome!

The guy said this work would get my truck into the mid 13s... It runs 14.60s now. Email me for more details. christopherahenderson@@yahoo.com (remove @).
I think my first question would be... What work do you have on your rig now that takes you to the mid 14's? If I read your words right, then are you just running the stock 3rd gen S/C? Any fuel and/or ignition upgrades?

I'm not in a position to get something like this done now, but I'll hopefully be running a S/C before fall and I know that I'll be looking for more-more power at some point.
Old 04-07-2004, 03:36 PM
Contributing Member

i might be interested.. how much gain am i looking at getting from this on a v6 blown motor??
Old 04-07-2004, 03:46 PM

I have the crappy trd fmu that came with the early 1st gens. I have a 1st gen SC, locker, FM SUV series 50, no cats, cut airbox, 33% toluene, removed PS belt & spare tire, 190 walbro pump and 55* high pressure weather. W/O gas and with the PS belt it runs consistant 15.0s at around 92mph. It's a beotch driving w/o the PS belt but it was worth it to stroll on the hondas.
Old 04-07-2004, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by dexter
i might be interested.. how much gain am i looking at getting from this on a v6 blown motor??
W/O fuel mods, you won't get anything on a blown v6 by doing this, maybe less knock. If you sent your headers, heads and lower intake manifold and had fuel mods, you can expect excellent gains. If I said how much I'd be lieing. The builder said to expect a 1 sec drop in 1/4 mile but we have yet to do any dynos or 1/4 mile runs for the 4 or 6 cyl taco motor. This is why the first buyers are given the opportunity to buy for less than the above prices as long as they agree to do b4/after dynos and/or 1/4 mile runs and share their results.

If you have a NA motor, we could prolly get you around what a SC'd motor would peak at by milling which increases compression and doing the port & polish job. On the other hand, we can lower the CR for the forced indction motors. Also a polished head will counteract detonation. Lots of gains to be had for the blown v6.
Old 04-07-2004, 04:43 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If I was to have the work done on my NA motor, (has headers and a free-flow exhaust) and then add an S/C later, would the work have to be re-done to spec to the S/C?
Old 04-07-2004, 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by midiwall
If I was to have the work done on my NA motor, (has headers and a free-flow exhaust) and then add an S/C later, would the work have to be re-done to spec to the S/C?
Yes. SC heads could make less power than stock ones on a NA motor due to the larger exhaust ports and lowered velocity among other things. You want different cams for NA and the positive displacement blower also. You don't have to do cams to take advantage of these heads but every bit helps and if you plan on doing cams in the future, the heads should be ported with that in mind.

I'd want shaved heads on a NA motor to increase compression and retard the timing for the street, than you could advance timing with higher octane fuels for possibly double digit gains.

You want the opposite for forced ind. motors, you don't want to mill the head but enlarge the combustion chamber to lower compression... if possible. He does alot of the DOHC ford motors, one of which with his heads, a kenne bell blower, cam, and dfi is putting down 750+ rwhp... He has done several motors over 1000 hp, some over 2000 and they have a dynojet and flow bench on hand. Real first class work.
Old 04-07-2004, 10:52 PM

the thing you replaced the s/c with is the air intake plenum, not the manifold, so i'm a little unclear on the what's being offered.

creed
Old 04-08-2004, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by cstary
the thing you replaced the s/c with is the air intake plenum, not the manifold, so i'm a little unclear on the what's being offered.

creed
Sorry for the confusion. For the v6, may we referr to the intake manifold as the 3 pieces between the TB and heads. The blower replaces the two top pieces but leaves the third, bottom piece that connects the blower to the heads. I figure I should be referring to that piece as the intake manifold and the two top pieces (that are replaced by the blower) as the intake plenium.

To get the most out of this work on a SC'd application, it is important to have the manifold, head(s) and header(s) ported, polished and port matched.

For NA applications, you would want to add to the list the intake plenium (part replaced by the SC). Also, you may want to add milling to the list to increase your CR.

For the SC'd trucks, you're looking at 1/2 as much for the intake manifold P&P job. So the Heads would be $800, the Manifold $125 and the Headers would be another $125 to match to the heads.

Unfortunatly, my laptop crashed last night so I won't be on line much over the next 1-3 weeks. If anyone needs to get in touch with me, call me at 727-492-6841
Old 05-20-2004, 11:31 AM

Pics of our first set of heads for the v6 in my CT gallery::: http://www.customtacos.com/gallery2/...ort=1&user=629

Dyno results soon!