Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

This should have been a 4Runner commercial!

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2004, 08:32 AM
Contributing Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This should have been a 4Runner commercial!

Link to commercial (should have been for the 4Runner)

Do you think these commercials should be shown in the USA?
Old 12-22-2004, 08:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow... it's been over a year that I watched TV with commercials in it, but if more of them were like that, I might just watch them for their entertainment value. I don't think alot of overseas commercials should be shown here as they get REALLY racy, or just plain sick. One in Europe for the Ford KA showed a cat getting decapitated by the sunroof. That's something I'd rather not see on TV here.
Old 12-22-2004, 09:22 AM

yep commercials are more fun overseas. Yes several are too racy for the sensors/AFA to be on primetime TV here.

Last edited by Roadtripr; 12-22-2004 at 09:23 AM.
Old 12-22-2004, 09:24 AM
Contributing Member

What a great commercial.....if they were more like that I wouldn't mind watching them more.
Old 12-22-2004, 09:57 AM

Hahaha, great commercial!
Old 12-22-2004, 10:24 AM
Contributing Member

That's great.
Old 12-22-2004, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by bdeakin
One in Europe for the Ford KA showed a cat getting decapitated by the sunroof. That's something I'd rather not see on TV here.
fwiw, Ford insists that footage was never meant to be a commercial. There's some info here:
http://www.snopes.com/photos/commercials/sportka.asp
Old 12-22-2004, 10:53 AM

Much better than the 4runner commercials where the guys are all chicken ˟˟˟˟˟s.
jim
Old 12-22-2004, 11:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I like that 'its a trap"
Old 12-22-2004, 02:19 PM

Old 12-22-2004, 03:21 PM

Some of these people act like the Ford commercial was real. Get a grip.
Old 12-22-2004, 08:12 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Mulkey
Some of these people act like the Ford commercial was real. Get a grip.
Go tell that to the hundereds of sick ˟˟˟˟˟s that are going to grab the first cat they can catch and stick it's head in their sunroof to try cut it's head off for fun. YOU need to get a damn grip. That commercial is straight up sick and demented period. I dont give 2 ˟˟˟˟˟s if it's real or not.
Old 12-22-2004, 08:14 PM

Sweeeet comercial. My first thought was that it was odd that she was broken down in a toyota in a toyota commercial....
Old 12-22-2004, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by Bumpin' Yota
Go tell that to the hundereds of sick ˟˟˟˟˟s that are going to grab the first cat they can catch and stick it's head in their sunroof to try cut it's head off for fun. YOU need to get a damn grip. That commercial is straight up sick and demented period. I dont give 2 ˟˟˟˟˟s if it's real or not.
LOL!!! An animal rights activist who has no problem calling women HO's, talk about sick and demented.
Old 12-22-2004, 09:53 PM

Yeah there were a pile of sunroof decapitated cats around here after that commercial made it's way around the internet
Old 12-22-2004, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by Jason B
Link to commercial (should have been for the 4Runner)

Do you think these commercials should be shown in the USA?
That was a pretty funny ad
Old 12-23-2004, 08:47 AM
Contributing Member

I guess you believe Rock n Roll and movies make people do bad things too,can't ban those. The world can't revolve around the small percentage of dumbasses out there.
Old 12-23-2004, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by oilguy3
LOL!!! An animal rights activist who has no problem calling women HO's, talk about sick and demented.
1. I do not call women Ho's as you illogically presume. The shirt is a funny parody of Home Depot and is making fun of the culture that calls chicks "ho's" Because of that, it is satirical and in my avatar, if you dont like it dont look at it.

2. I hunt and eat my prey and have been my entire life and will continue to do so. I unlike you, have this thing called RESPECT for other living things. :rolleyes: If an animal is to die at my hands, and a lot do every hunting season, it will do so only in the most humane way possible. Respect for all life, that's something you non hunters will never understand...

Originally Posted by firemedic
Yeah there were a pile of sunroof decapitated cats around here after that commercial made it's way around the internet
Originally Posted by X-AWDriver
I guess you believe Rock n Roll and movies make people do bad things too,can't ban those. The world can't revolve around the small percentage of dumbasses out there.
Go tell that to the parents of the kid that set his house ablaze after watching bevis and butt head do the same.

Go tell that to the kid in juvenille hall for the next 9 years for breaking his brothers back in a wrestling move he saw on TV.

I see this kind of crap EVERY damn day - part of working in the field of veterinary medicine. How about one family that has had the past 4 animals drowned by their kid? If the kid saw this commercail there is no way in hell you can tell me he wont try that next.

you ALL need to wake the hell up!

What is on TV is desensitising yes, but the bigger problems is morals or complete lack there of. Look at yourselves!! Your childeren are going to have even looser morals. If you have no problems seeing the crushing of the head off of a cat how soon will it be before you have no problems seeing the crushing the head off of your next door neighbor? Same thing, and dont even try to argue - that is fact.

Id never buy a ford for quality issues, seeing this commercial just reaffirms my steadfast opinion against ford. I will never buy a ford now, ever. The fact this idea was even shot speaks volumes.

Last edited by Bumpin' Yota; 12-23-2004 at 07:21 PM.
Old 12-23-2004, 11:45 PM

1. I do not call women Ho's as you illogically presume. The shirt is a funny parody of Home Depot and is making fun of the culture that calls chicks "ho's" Because of that, it is satirical and in my avatar, if you dont like it dont look at it.
Some might argue that using SATIRE might indicate you have a sense of humor, satire about degrading women is about on par with satire about abusing animals. IMHO, the cat thing is so far out there it is obviously meant to be funny anyone who would "imitate" it has probably been abusing animals for quite sometime.

I see this kind of crap EVERY damn day - part of working in the field of veterinary medicine. How about one family that has had the past 4 animals drowned by their kid? If the kid saw this commercail there is no way in hell you can tell me he wont try that next.

you ALL need to wake the hell up!
I see all kinds of crap EVERY day- part of working in the field of Emergency Medecine and I don't have a problem with obvious satire. Just ask my co workers if I have "loose morals", they will tell you I am the most conservative guy they know, but they do think I can be funny sometimes.

I'm sure their are many things we agree on, I'll just have to agree to disagree.
I do tend to believe society is going down the drain, just don't see it there.

P.S.- Don't worry, that story you heard about Navy SEALs raising a puppy during training and then killing it for food... it's not true, just a story.

Last edited by firemedic; 12-23-2004 at 11:56 PM.
Old 12-25-2004, 11:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
that guy was hawt