Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Recruiting Yotatech Members?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2003, 04:11 AM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Recruiting Yotatech Members?

Was wondering if anyone has thought of a design for Yotatech Business cards? I keep seeing some sweet Runners around parked and can't help but think..... I bet he could contribute to some mod ideas or..... I wonder if he knows about the deckplate mod?....ect...ect. It would be great to just leave a card stuck in between the window glass and rubber seal or under the wiper. Anyways has anyone else thought of something like this. It's not like were short on members and ideas I just like spreading the wealth.
Old 07-21-2003, 05:38 AM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
I carry some in the rig and quite often leave one on a windshield of a Toyota truck or SUV if I see one parked by me.

I just used the old banner pic from here, and use Print Shop to make it into a business card.

I will update it with a better pic and format later on, as I am low on them anyways, and it will give me an excuse to make a new one.
Old 07-21-2003, 06:22 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey Corey...

Just an idea, but what if you had a local printer do up a thousand of those and then split the cost (and postage) with a bunch of folks and send them each a hundred?
Old 07-21-2003, 06:26 AM
Contributing Member

Funny, just last week I was thinking about this same thing!
Old 07-21-2003, 06:34 AM
Contributing Member

Good glad to see I'm not the only one who is a FREAK about Yota's!
Old 07-21-2003, 06:52 AM
Banned

How about a flyer or sheet of buisness card-like images that any of us could print at home or work and distribute? We probably all have printers for our computers.
Old 07-21-2003, 07:20 AM
Nam

Sounds great

Wonder if someone already design one (business card) and willing to share it, we can print out anywhere. That's a great way to recruit new members...I like the idea!

Nam
Old 07-21-2003, 07:20 AM
Contributing Member

I know I have driven by runnners and wondered if they were on here. I havent seen anyone else from rochester on here so I wonder why I keep thinking they might be. I think its a good idea to recruit.

I dont know if I have the stones to stick something on someones truck. I can just see them coming out to there truck and there I am sticking something under there wiper. They start screaming..I panic and run. Cops are called. and so on and so forth. Great idea though.
Old 07-21-2003, 07:24 AM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Mark, it would probably be more economical (so I don't have to get them made, ship them out, ect) if everyone just downloaded a business card making program.

I use Print Shop for mine, so the raw file would not be compatible unless you had it.
But there is shareware out there, looking at some now.
http://download.com.com/2001-20-0.html?legacy=cnet

This is for Windows aps here.

Most let you try it before you buy it.
But a lot of those are expensive, and a lot of graphic programs you may already have on your computer may be able to already do it.
Old 07-21-2003, 07:28 AM
Contributing Member

I know what you mean. I was next to a nice stone gray 95 rig at Home Depot. I wanted to wait till the owner came out and tell them they had a nice rig but that would seem almost stalking-like.
Old 07-21-2003, 10:07 AM
Contributing Member

i spread the yotatech gospel last night actually to two 4 runners!. heh, i felt like a nerd doing so, but hey..whatever
Old 07-21-2003, 10:09 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Corey
Mark, it would probably be more economical (so I don't have to get them made, ship them out, ect) if everyone just downloaded a business card making program.
You're right of course, but I just didn't want to use all that printer ink.
Old 07-21-2003, 10:22 AM
Contributing Member

I would also like to have cards to pass out. I would be willing to print my own if someone would post the design or something.
Old 07-21-2003, 10:58 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Guys,

I'm not too crazy about the idea but the intent is good. Usually when I see a 4runner owner who looks like they "care" about their 'runner or if their vehicle looks like it off-roads, usually I just talk w/ them. And usually i'll refer them to Yotatech (though none of them have actually registered).

The thing I dont like about putting things on people's windshield is how much I don't like people putting things on MY windshield. Also, I don't have a high opinion of businesses and organizations who stick flyers on windshields---cheapens their image IMHO.

Bob
Old 07-21-2003, 11:13 AM

HA! I just did that a few weeks back. Just came out of REI, and behind me was a sweet 87 4Runner with a huge tires/lift and some custom bumpers. I decided to wait a few minutes to see if he/she would come out and sure enough he did. He had some Okole seat covers, so I had to wait and ask about them.

He's on this board, or at least knew of it, but I forget his username :\

Originally posted by doink
i spread the yotatech gospel last night actually to two 4 runners!. heh, i felt like a nerd doing so, but hey..whatever
Old 07-21-2003, 11:20 AM
Contributing Member

i don't know if i'm down for putting crap on people's cars, that's kind of annoying, but if i saw someone with a nice runner in person, i'd probably strike up a conversation and mention yotatech. or maybe those cards could go somewhere like in an 4x4 shop for people to just pick up. anyway, i was bored so i threw together a couple designs.

Old 07-21-2003, 11:35 AM
Contributing Member

Nice, very nice. I likehow you incorporated everything this board encompasses on the 2nd one.
Old 07-21-2003, 12:06 PM
Contributing Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by Bob_98SR5
Guys,

I'm not too crazy about the idea but the intent is good. Usually when I see a 4runner owner who looks like they "care" about their 'runner or if their vehicle looks like it off-roads, usually I just talk w/ them. And usually i'll refer them to Yotatech (though none of them have actually registered).

The thing I dont like about putting things on people's windshield is how much I don't like people putting things on MY windshield. Also, I don't have a high opinion of businesses and organizations who stick flyers on windshields---cheapens their image IMHO.

Bob
I agree.
Old 07-21-2003, 12:23 PM

Well, I think it's one thing if I walk out and there is some carpet cleaning flyer on my windshield and 20 other windshields of the cars next to me - it's kinda like unsolicited spam...very annoying and not very effective.

On the other hand, it it was designed correctly and was aimed at a target market, ie. Toyota owners, then it would be more effective and I think less annoying to the recipient.

When I say designed correctly, I mean it should feel more like an exclusive invitation...like you are exlusive because you own a nice looking Toyota. Maybe the business card compliments them on taking nice care of their truck and modding it up. Then invite them to check out yotatech because others would like to see their truck and what they have done to it.

I think if you approach it from that angle - people will feel complimented about their vehicle, which I'm sure they are already proud of, and will be more willing to visit the site and not feel like they are getting some mass flyer campagin that is on every single vehicle out there.

John
Old 07-21-2003, 12:43 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Mojo_Risin
Well, I think it's one thing if I walk out and there is some carpet cleaning flyer on my windshield and 20 other windshields of the cars next to me - it's kinda like unsolicited spam...very annoying and not very effective.

On the other hand, it it was designed correctly and was aimed at a target market, ie. Toyota owners, then it would be more effective and I think less annoying to the recipient.

When I say designed correctly, I mean it should feel more like an exclusive invitation...like you are exlusive because you own a nice looking Toyota. Maybe the business card compliments them on taking nice care of their truck and modding it up. Then invite them to check out yotatech because others would like to see their truck and what they have done to it.

I think if you approach it from that angle - people will feel complimented about their vehicle, which I'm sure they are already proud of, and will be more willing to visit the site and not feel like they are getting some mass flyer campagin that is on every single vehicle out there.

John
exactly. this is why i think maybe a business card might be a bit much. what i would do is just take a piece of paper, rip it in half (so it looks spontanious) and write with some sharpie or pen. "nice 4runner! I own a ______ come share you 4runner with everybody at yotatech.com!"

Quick Reply: Recruiting Yotatech Members?