Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

RANT: Blankity Blank Thieves at Stevens Creek Toyota in San Jose, CA

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2004, 03:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RANT: Blankity Blank Thieves at Stevens Creek Toyota in San Jose, CA

Hello Everyone,

I took my 4runner in for servicing at Stevens Creek Toyota in San Jose, CA, only to discover that my DC to AC voltage inverter was stolen whilst there. My husband mounted it underneath the passenger seat, bolted it in (this necessitated removing the driver's seat to mount it, so this inverter was in a very difficult location to just rip out, not to mention, could not be seen without taking the effort to search). All that remains are a few neatly cut wires (gee, they didn't even bother to cover the bare ends) that were discreetly tucked up into the driver's seat. Now I'm wondering if this instance is merely an isolated one, or if there are other instances of theft at the service dept of this dealership. I'm so angry i could almost spit.

I'll be contacting the police dept tomorrow to file a report, but i need to get a handle on my anger first before attempting to get recompense for the theft. Such a pity that a mechanic or service dept staff would jeopardise a long term, steady customer by thievery (aside from the usual userious charges and labour costs they charge for parts and service).

To that thief at the dealer, I'll do whatever is in my power to find you and ensure you are fired, you blankity blank. You can't afford to lose customers (ie: suckers) such as me: hard working honest folk who slaved and sacrificed to buy that vehicle and outfit it for its intended use. May you pay for this misdeed (and all your other misdeeds) thousandfold.

Thanks for taking the time to read my rant and should you be in Silicon Valley and in need of parts and service for your trusty Toyota, consider another option other than Stevens Creek Toyota.

Illiana
Old 11-09-2004, 03:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Go on and spit - it will make you feel better! Then stomp on it and pretend it's the crook's chicken sack.

I am getting the impression it is and in side job and not some random crime where someone walked on the lot and picked you rig. Can you have the cops meet you at the dealer? Directly in front of the service dept. to file the report. That would send the message. I would include statements from the service manager and any other big wigs on site.

Good luck and let us know what happens.
Old 11-09-2004, 04:24 AM
Contributing Member

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts
Just curious, did you immediately look under your passenger seat when you got the truck back? Did you have a need for the invertor right away? Or did you discover this days later?
Sorry to hear of your loss.

Andreas