Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Rancho Quick Lift

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 04:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rancho Quick Lift

Anybody had any experience with this lift yet: http://www.gorancho.com/html/product...quicklift.html

There's not much info on Rancho's site yet, just some pretty pics. I did find this though:

Rancho quickLIFT
The Ultimate in Ride, Performance, and Appearance from Rancho!
Rancho quicklift suspension lift systems are easy-to-install solutions that raise the front suspension (1"- 2 1/2") and improve ride quality. Quicklift systems provide an aggressive vehicle stance and offer the option of adding larger tire and wheel packages. Rancho Quicklift systems use Rancho's My-Ride 9-position ride tuning struts and shock absorbers and are designed to reuse the original equipment coil springs. Match your Rancho quickLift, in the rear of the vehicle, with Rancho's New RS9000XL shock absorbers to create the ultimate in Ride, Performance and Appearance. Does not work on vehicles with Electronic Ride Control, Air Suspension or All Wheel Drive. Choose Options Above. Sold Each

They're about $200 per strut/shock.

Last edited by KnuckleHead; 07-26-2007 at 04:42 AM.
Old 07-26-2007, 08:19 AM
Contributing Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I don't think they have made one for the Tacoma/4runner yet. As far as I know, its just a spacer. Might just be better off buying some cheaper Daystar spacers.
Old 07-26-2007, 08:30 AM

Yea, Ditto, it's just a spacer lift.
Old 07-26-2007, 10:02 AM

Wrong and Wrong

Summit Racing has them for sale, $179.95 each: http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

And it's not just a spacer lift. It's a replacement, longer/adjustable, strut/shock that reuses the stock coil. The lift is obtained by the longer strut/shock w/ a built in spacer.

"Rancho Quicklift systems use Rancho's My-Ride 9-position ride tuning struts and shock absorbers and are designed to reuse the original equipment coil springs. "

Last edited by KnuckleHead; 07-26-2007 at 10:20 AM.
Old 07-26-2007, 10:22 AM

Appearently, if you get the rear kit, you get the adjustable shock and the lift is accomplished via an urathane spacer.

Last edited by KnuckleHead; 07-26-2007 at 10:23 AM.
Old 07-26-2007, 10:55 AM

"clears up to a 35" tire"....
Old 07-26-2007, 11:24 AM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am looking at getting a set of Rancho's just not sure which model.

I need some new coils as well i just know that the adjustable shoks are VERY nice thing to have if you can afford it. and the remote makes them even better, soft when you are on the orad and hard for off roading.
Old 07-26-2007, 11:32 AM

Ok, so it's a glorified coilover with a spacer on top!
Old 07-26-2007, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by frodin1
Ok, so it's a glorified coilover with a spacer on top!
So, it's the exact same thing you're running, just with a different name? And probably a much cheaper price tag.

How about next time you do a little research before you go spewing off BS about something that you know nothing about. Or are you just trying to up your post count to look cool for the newbies?

Originally Posted by netwt12
"clears up to a 35" tire"....
Obviously, like your friend above, you also like to shoot off your mouth without reading too. Had you bothered to read the site, it say "Clears up to a 35" tire (selected applications)". Do you comprehend what "selected applications" means? You do know that other vehicles besides Toyotas exist, right? Had you took the time to read a little further before you attempted to post the funnay, you would have seen that the applications are as follows:

Old 07-26-2007, 12:53 PM

You seem very defensive man, do you have stock in this company or something? I think most people are going to be a little skeptical of a new product like this until pioneers such as yourself try em out and give them a good review. Don't let these guys get to you, they just seem a little apprehensive. For what it's worth, I'm def. interested in seeing how they perform; looks like a good product.
Old 07-26-2007, 02:41 PM
Contributing Member

Whats the point of asking a question when you've already got all the answers?!

If its your stock coil, well, then, its going to ride like your stock coils. If its just a longer strut, that has the lower mount pushed up higher to give you lift, then thats what you get. I don't see anything wrong with it.

I have just *heard* on here that Rancho shocks are a little stiff on the 4runner/Tacoma. I don't think many people run them when you have such good options like the Tokico's and Old Man Emu.
Old 07-27-2007, 04:33 AM

Originally Posted by SC4Runner
Whats the point of asking a question when you've already got all the answers?!

I have just *heard* on here that Rancho shocks are a little stiff on the 4runner/Tacoma. I don't think many people run them when you have such good options like the Tokico's and Old Man Emu.

I was simply asking if anyone was using them yet and what their thoughts were; I don't ever recall asking "give me your regurgitated opinion of a product you've never used/seen". Yes, I had the answers about the specs, but have yet to find anyone other than FJ owners who are using them; http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...uick-lift.html .

While I will agree that the RS5000 series Rancho shocks are not the best choice, the RS9000 series, which is what is used in this configuration is a pretty good shock, not only that, but these have a 9-way adjustment from firm to soft, so you can pick your own poison.
Old 07-27-2007, 10:24 AM

I had a similar rancho setup on my 98 runner (came with new coils though)... combined it with OME springs and rancho shocks on the rear. worked great.
Old 04-17-2008, 11:50 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Knucklehead I am reviving this old thread as I am interested in the QuickLift set up also for my front end lift.

Did you go with this setup or is there anyone out there running this?

Seems like a viable alternative to the other spring and shock combos out there, but I research stuff like this to death before I commit my frugal dollars.
Old 03-06-2009, 09:36 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Ditto the revival... Anyone try this set-up?
Old 12-27-2009, 01:47 PM

no i havent gotton these yet but am going to get them and hope they are good my only consern is if i need to get an aftermarket spring and i read somewhere that the leak down on the remote controlled version because of airline leaks but that the ability of the shocks to recover in 10 second makes it worthwild andon have any sugestions about wether or not ima need to make my front end stiffer for this new shrockworks bumper ima get whenever there done with there magical production prossess that takes 12 weeks? thanks this is my first post and im new to the 4x4 comunity ...BEN
Old 12-27-2009, 02:02 PM

oh and im gonna get skidrow plates front to back if that makes any differnce in the shocks that i should get?
Old 01-07-2011, 06:02 AM

ninman... did you end up getting the quick lift? I'm looking at getting them now. The only thing that bums me out is that I this system uses the OE spring... It looks like I nee to replace the springs in my 4runner so this does me no good. Also, if I go with the Rancho Quicklift, are the RS9000's the best choice? I'm trying to replace my shocks struts on a budget, but if it's only a little more to get something worlds better than OE junk I'm willing to spend the money
Old 01-07-2011, 06:19 AM
Banned

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
I'd say comparing thread inception date vs number of replies about the product should tell you a lot.

:wabbit2:
Old 01-07-2011, 06:36 AM
Contributing Member

I've still never heard of anyone using it.

Quick Reply: Rancho Quick Lift