Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

In progress custom interior/stereo mods

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2004, 01:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In progress custom interior/stereo mods

Heres some pics of what Ive been working on on my days off. I dont know what made me want to do it. Just looking to be different I guess. Ive still got the other door panel to do. I think I have about 10-15 hours in this one. Once I get these installed Ill dicide if I want to cover anything else in tweed.

I just got my new component speakers too. I havent got them installed just yet. They are Boston Z 6-1/2's. They are the most well built speakers Ive ever seen. I guess they should be for $1k retail. Ive also got 50 sq.ft. of second skin damplifier to install in the doors and the rest of the truck.
Im considering mounting the tweeters in the location in the pic but im not sure if thats the best place. Ill probably test them there before I drill the hole.

I sold my 10" solobaric and baught a boston pro10.5 thats ready to be installed. I just have to make a new face for the box and either recover it with tweed or fiberglass it and paint it.

I ordered some wet okoles about a week ago and am waiting for those to arrive. I ordered the royal blue with black outside and a Toyota emblem in the center. I also am waiting on some blue catch-all x-racing mats. I got my windows tinted last week also. 35 on the sides with 20 in the back and a banner across windshield. I know I need more pics but its all gonna come together here pretty soon. Im pretty excited. More pics to come soon!!
Old 03-25-2004, 02:03 PM

I love that door panel, that's really slick. Did you fiberglass that thing, how did you cover up the pocket? I have a similar project with my door panels, using fiberglass and bondo to create mounts for a 6.5" midbass and 4" midrange. I plan on finishing them with vinyl but if I can get it smooth enough I might go some paint. I can't wait to see your finished product, keep posting more pics...
Old 03-25-2004, 02:46 PM
Contributing Member

Be sure and leave feedback on those Z-6's. I am considering those for some components. I am also considering Focal utopia's
Old 03-25-2004, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by stoutshady
I love that door panel, that's really slick. Did you fiberglass that thing, how did you cover up the pocket?
Thanks for the compliment. No I didn't fiberglass any of it just recovered most of it. I cut out the stock speaker grille and glued in the speaker grille. The pocket is still there, you just cant c it in that picture. Im gonna mount the speaker to the door instead of the panel.

Hey Dbike yeah Ill deffinately post my review of the bostons when i get them installed. with 400 watts rms, im assuming they will get plenty loud. Hopefully the mid-base will be there. Im hoping the damplifier helps that aspect.