Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Problem Solved re BJ and Aisin install

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2005, 08:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Problem Solved re BJ and Aisin install

So after droping my truck off at the shop to find out what the problem was after the BJ install and the Aisin install...here is what I found out.

WHen installing the BJ spacers i somehow misaligned the axel and the passenger cv. So in 2wheel everything is fine, but 4x4 was fuxed up.

THe dealership told me i needed a new axel..i argued, and asked them to loosen off the torsion bars instead of replacing the axel...but the didnt listen.

So they ordered the axel, put it in, and found out nothing changed.... they put the old axel back in, re greased the cvs... and told me to take out my "Mickey Mouse BJ spacer Lift Kit" and then they would give me an alignment, after the cv's were at a better angle. I tried to tell these toyota shop guys that the BJ spacers were for increased travel and not lift...they didnt want to listen and charged me $200 for shop time....

Which was a blessing, as they did actualy help me get the axel and cv connected properly.

I drove home, cranked my torsion bars down to 15 inches rim to fender... bounced the truck...locked the hubs... and NO PROBLEMS.... i think i surprised myself.

The only bad noise i still hear is from these tires that are grossly out of alignment...its a whomping sound...and i believe it has to be the tires, and not anything to do with the work that i did to the truck.

The alignment is scheduled for monday morning..and hopefully by then my Sliders, poly bushings, and skyjacker stabilizer bar will be here..

thanks again to all those that provided advice and helped me along the way...