Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

PLEASE HELP... need advice on rebuild???

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2004, 08:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PLEASE HELP... need advice on rebuild???

Okay, Im in a stickty situation here and would like to know what yall think I should do. My 95 runner is going down hill and Im almost positive I got a bad head gasket. The Recall doesnt cover it either. SO... I still owe money on this thing and selling wouldn't profit me at all.

I would like to throw a rebuilt in it but it is so expensive I cant believe it. I dont have the tools nor the experience for this kind of work myself. What would you guys recommend I do. I want to put a good engine in it that wont cost me an arm and a leg. I dont want to stray too far from the 3. slow. I would like to keep the gas mileage. SOmebody has to know somebody around the bay area or surrounding area that I can go to to help me out. THis is my daily commuter so I need to take care of this soon. Please give me some advice on what you think I should do to get my truck back. Thank you,
Old 03-09-2004, 09:06 AM
Contributing Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Sbrut95
Okay, Im in a stickty situation here and would like to know what yall think I should do. My 95 runner is going down hill and Im almost positive I got a bad head gasket. The Recall doesnt cover it either. SO... I still owe money on this thing and selling wouldn't profit me at all.

I would like to throw a rebuilt in it but it is so expensive I cant believe it. I dont have the tools nor the experience for this kind of work myself. What would you guys recommend I do. I want to put a good engine in it that wont cost me an arm and a leg. I dont want to stray too far from the 3. slow. I would like to keep the gas mileage. SOmebody has to know somebody around the bay area or surrounding area that I can go to to help me out. THis is my daily commuter so I need to take care of this soon. Please give me some advice on what you think I should do to get my truck back. Thank you,
If you need a rebuild, they are not cheap specially on the 3.0L. Best to get set up and do it now before it decides to go out at the least opportune time. They have some places to get low mileage 3.0L imported from japan. That is probably your best shot and cheapest price especially if you don't ave much mechanicl skill. You should be abe to find someone in the area to install it for around $500....sorry I don't know anyone there but maybe some of the others do.