95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

pics of my ride 96 base

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 04:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pics of my ride 96 base

heres some pics of my ride,
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v310/riceandpho/car/
mods are pioneer 8600 deck, and the 6disc dvd changer,a/d/s/ al6 components in the front, focal access 130ca in the back, jl audio 12w3v2 in the trunk, jlaudio amps, 300/4 under driver seat, and 500/1 in the trunk, catz msx fog gold with 85 watt bulbs, changed from the 55,piaa extreme white plus all around, blue leds from superbrightleds, hids from www.retro-solutions.com, 55 watt digital kit and lifetime warranty for 250, also its a bixenon so i still have high beams, knight rider scanner light, so far it made 2 4runners pulled over lol, hella supertones, ccfl blue light are from retro-solutions.com, compustar 2way 3000 ft alarm, 5% tint all windows except, 55% on front two.400mm broadway mirror. oddyssey pc1700mjt battery, intake with a trueflow foam filter, filter was from jason burtman, mobil 1 oil, 0/1 guage big 3 upgrade. ngk wires, soon to put denso plugs.

HID review, the light output is amazing, what a difference from the piaa extreme white bulbs i had in there, there is no glare, but u cant really tell from the cam, but u can see there is no glare in person, also for 250 and lifetime warranty and great service, www.retro-solutions.com is good, i have the 55watt digital kit, also its a bixenon so u still have high beam working, its the one where the bulbs moves back, also there is still a good cutoff, u can tell in the pics, i took some pics while drivin so its not that sharp, but u can barely tell that i had my fogs on, some pic i have my fogs on, but the others are just hids, there are some pics of high and low beam and all lights on together. also that pick up truck u see infront in the driveway is my dads 06 tacoma double cab long bed, with the roll-n-lock. also the security system on both trucks were done at audiomoble of oakland, so if your in the bay area get your car hooked up there.
Old 10-26-2007, 06:26 AM

Nice Runner, I see that you have some hot spots (or maybe its just the camera) in your gauge cluster. I went with these and I have zero hot spots. You can check them out in my profile (link in my signature)
Old 10-26-2007, 06:31 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
wow, i thought your ride was yellow but then saw it looking white in the headlight pics. never seen a yellow 4runner. lots of blue lights in there, reminds me of what i did with my '90 lumina back in the day, ahh memories. looks like you've done quite a lot so far, keep it up. i have a 3 page list of what i still want to do with mine, and it's not little things either so i hope your pockets are deep. otherwise, a. win lottery, b. i hope you have a good job, c. stay in school and get a good job.

post up more pics of your 4runner from the outside, i'd like to check it out some more.

patrick
Old 10-26-2007, 11:09 AM

i drive a white 4runner, the yellow was from a street lamp, sorry for the blurry pics, i just point and click, yes i have a decent job, full time at fedex, payday everyweek on thursday lol. ill do some day shots when i have the time.
Old 10-26-2007, 11:48 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by riceandpho
i drive a white 4runner, the yellow was from a street lamp, sorry for the blurry pics, i just point and click, yes i have a decent job, full time at fedex, payday everyweek on thursday lol. ill do some day shots when i have the time.

please dont bust a texas ace = )
Old 10-26-2007, 11:54 AM

did you change the bulbs out from the factory green to the blue on your inside? or did you get it that way?
Old 10-26-2007, 12:06 PM

i changed them from green to blue , WLED-x5 LED Wedge Base Bulbs from www.superbrightleds.com, i have the blue ones. and its not a texas ace thing lol
Old 10-26-2007, 01:41 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
on the bulbs you bought, did you get the bulbs that were called "inverted cone"? i just ordered some of these off ebay from a guy called VLEDS i think and the description said it would not have the hot spots associated with led bulbs, it diffuses the light all around instead of one direction. i guess i'll see when they get here next week, and post pics too.

as far as texas ace, not my style but there's nothing wrong with that. i've used the cathode lights in my pimped out computer, never thought about putting them in the car, perhaps this could be the "riceandpho" mod? i think the different color lights add ambience to the interior over the usual yellowish stock lights.

sorry if any of this sounds cocky, it's not supposed to. i know reading things online and the way i word stuff can be misconstrued, no offence implied with anything i've written, i like your truck
Old 10-26-2007, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by kevin444
LMAO...
Old 10-26-2007, 06:44 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by OSU4Runner
LMAO...
Originally Posted by pattycakes77
on the bulbs you bought, did you get the bulbs that were called "inverted cone"? i just ordered some of these off ebay from a guy called VLEDS i think and the description said it would not have the hot spots associated with led bulbs, it diffuses the light all around instead of one direction. i guess i'll see when they get here next week, and post pics too.

as far as texas ace, not my style but there's nothing wrong with that. i've used the cathode lights in my pimped out computer, never thought about putting them in the car, perhaps this could be the "riceandpho" mod? i think the different color lights add ambience to the interior over the usual yellowish stock lights.

sorry if any of this sounds cocky, it's not supposed to. i know reading things online and the way i word stuff can be misconstrued, no offence implied with anything i've written, i like your truck
Originally Posted by kevin444
Oh we are a bunch of comics in here today! lol

Well at least i know that i have printed my name in stone on this here board.

Oh, yeah you can't even compete with my truck.

Just so ya'll know the blue lights of death have been removed! And come begining next year i am going to start phase 2 of the build up where ya'll start to become jealus.
Old 10-26-2007, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by Texas_Ace
Oh we are a bunch of comics in here today! lol

Well at least i know that i have printed my name in stone on this here board.

Oh, yeah you can't even compete with my truck.

Just so ya'll know the blue lights of death have been removed! And come begining next year i am going to start phase 2 of the build up where ya'll start to become jealus.
Ya your name is up there with BigDenny
Old 10-26-2007, 07:19 PM

the ccfl tubes i got is from www.retro-solutions.com. same place where i got my hids. i wired the ccfl tubes to the dome light, the ones by the guages is wired to the parking lights and i have a switch to turn it on or off. the ccfl tubes i got is design to run in the cars, do not run computer ones or the ozniums kuss there lil ballast will melt and ur car will b bad.
Old 10-26-2007, 07:19 PM

i also have the vortex cherry bomb muffler, its nice sound to me.
Old 10-27-2007, 04:33 AM

updated pics.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v3...eandpho/part2/
u cant tell there is a cutoff in the cam but ull see it in person
Old 10-29-2007, 07:21 PM

u guys check the updated pics?
Old 10-29-2007, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by riceandpho
u guys check the updated pics?
Pho shizzle.

Nice 4Runner base or not, I wish mine came without the chromed bumpers.
Old 10-29-2007, 07:27 PM
Contributing Member

I did, although i don't know what was new and what was old. I was to busy lauphing at the fun they were making of me to look before LOL.

But it looks good, to each there own. If those tubes were white i would consider adding some as they do give off some nice light and i could use it in the cabin.
Old 10-29-2007, 07:42 PM

www.retro-solutions.com , he got all the ccfl colors, and hid kit, best thing i got from him, service is good, good quality and also lifetime warranty for 250 on my kit, 55watt bixenon 5000k, works great on dark road, i was drivin in the hills with the pitch black roads, just went to lake tahoe last night on us50 and u knoe the roads is black no lights, lighted up the whole road withouth my highbeams, just the lows and fogs.
Old 10-29-2007, 08:25 PM
Contributing Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Well, that is a very nice runner. I really dig the sound system. Envious that you have a truck that can make use of quality sound.

Except one thing. The headlights. Why, oh why did you change them to those god awful white crap lights? Those are the stupidest things to hit the market, ever. Every beamer that drives behind me with those things gets me about one inch closer to going postal. Flipping ridiculous.

instead, I think I'll get some of those million candle power 12" lightforce's, and mount them backwards and facing into the windshield behind me. Some HID driver is going to see how it feels to be blinded like no other. Taste of their own medicine.

okay, rant off. Very sick runner. Love it. (except the headlights)
Old 10-30-2007, 06:56 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by AxleIke
Well, that is a very nice runner. I really dig the sound system. Envious that you have a truck that can make use of quality sound.

Except one thing. The headlights. Why, oh why did you change them to those god awful white crap lights? Those are the stupidest things to hit the market, ever. Every beamer that drives behind me with those things gets me about one inch closer to going postal. Flipping ridiculous.

instead, I think I'll get some of those million candle power 12" lightforce's, and mount them backwards and facing into the windshield behind me. Some HID driver is going to see how it feels to be blinded like no other. Taste of their own medicine.

okay, rant off. Very sick runner. Love it. (except the headlights)
That ain't real fair. I have mine installed like that and when properley adjusted there is no more glare from the HID then a normal headlight. Just last night i was driving on a 2 lane road for 2 hours. I saw every headlight you can imaigne and made note of the HID's as i wanted to see how they looked coming at me. And i have to say that other than a few that were bad when you actually looked at them the differnce between the HID and normal headlights was almost nothing.

Now the real blue ones were kinda annoying just because the color made them that way but there was still no more glare.

And then when you are behind someone i tried out my HID's on all my other car around and except for the really low sitting corrola every other one didn't have any problem at all with my lights. even the corrola was not that bad with the dimming mirror. But you could see the light pattern just going past the rear window. But that is going to happen no matter what lights you have.

Quick Reply: pics of my ride 96 base