Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

PHOENIX and surrounding tint shops??

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2004, 06:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PHOENIX and surrounding tint shops??

Anyone that lives in the PHOENIX that knows or has good experiences with a tint shop that you can recommend??

Appreciate it.
Old 01-22-2004, 12:12 PM

UPPIN'..........
Old 01-22-2004, 02:06 PM

my buddy here at ASU just had all his windows on his tahoe tinted to 4% excluding the windshield, he had a good experience with the shop and got a good deal, i will repost when i ask him the name of the place.
Old 01-22-2004, 06:09 PM

Indeed.

Thanks.
Old 01-22-2004, 07:20 PM

There is a place on arizona ave and elliot called Budget Window Tint. Ive had 4 vehicles of mine and familys tinted there. Nice people high quality work. They only do legal though.
Old 01-22-2004, 07:25 PM

Originally posted by morgan4run
They only do legal though.
Booooo! They must not be serious about doing business then, I had my windows done "illegaly" and the owner never even suggested anything about it.

Cops can kiss my

I'll get my windows redone 4 times per month if I have to
Old 01-22-2004, 07:52 PM

Originally posted by morgan4run
There is a place on arizona ave and elliot called Budget Window Tint. Ive had 4 vehicles of mine and familys tinted there. Nice people high quality work. They only do legal though.
What is legal?
Old 01-22-2004, 08:50 PM

Im not sure what the exact numbers are, but they won't put the limo tint on the front windows. Sorry, but I would rather put that $40 or $50 bucks toward somthing more usefull. But I don't drive a black truck in the freakin' desert!!!!
Old 01-22-2004, 09:45 PM

Here is the law for Arizona:

Number of inches a tint brow may extend down the windshield
- Not defined in law

Degree of film authorized for the windshield below the tint brow.
This is expressed as the percentage of light that must be allowed to pass through the tint.
- Not defined in law

Degree of film authorized for the front side windows.
This is expressed as the percentage of light that must be allowed to pass through the tint.
- 35%

Degree of film authorized for the rear side windows.
- No limit

Degree of film authorized for the back window.
- No limit
Old 01-22-2004, 10:26 PM

Theres a great place here in Tucson.. Local guy has his own shop, worked in several different shops, but now owns his own. He gave me a great deal Did the Landcruiser all windows for 100 bucks even. 15% infront, Darker in rear... he uses the metal tint also (higher Grade I think?) I'll get his name and number.. located in the SE part of town... Kolb and Escalante. Also took the 4Runner there he did the front 2 for 30 and he'll give me a good deal on the rest once I save up for it.. but honestly I dont think I need it, cuz the Runner has the "privacy glass" and it looks plenty dark for me.. plus hes fast.
Old 01-23-2004, 03:15 AM

from what I can gather, formula one is the best tinting around. I would suggest going to Formula one's web page and locating a shop in your area.
Old 01-23-2004, 05:40 AM

If you guys want. I have 2 people in the Phx area that will do limo on any window. One has a mobile service and will come to you and the other lives in Gilbert and you will have to go to him.

Paul
Old 01-23-2004, 06:04 AM
lee
Contributing Member

sketchy
Old 01-23-2004, 08:21 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by lee
sketchy
Those are the best kind.
Old 01-23-2004, 11:26 AM

Originally posted by pfdaxe
If you guys want. I have 2 people in the Phx area that will do limo on any window. One has a mobile service and will come to you and the other lives in Gilbert and you will have to go to him.

Paul
Have you had any experiences with any of them before?

Phone number of each would be appreciated, that way, I can find out how pricey they are or aren't and their service.

So, how dark is having 35%??

Oh by the way, TUCSON seems kind of far just to go for a windown tint, but I do appreciate your input.
Old 01-23-2004, 12:04 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by KING
So, how dark is having 35%??
http://www.cardomain.com/id/maherj21
I have some pictures on here that show 35% from a few different angles. Directly from the side you can see threw but any angle and it blacks out pretty fast.
Old 01-23-2004, 12:20 PM

Not bad at all.

Your truck is similar to mine, by the way, only yours is the SR5 and mine isnt
Old 01-23-2004, 12:35 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by KING
Your truck is similar to mine, by the way, only yours is the SR5 and mine isnt
I do enjoy all the creature comforts but on the last outing my drivers side window quit working. I found this out when I asked some one to spot me. Luckily it quit working all the way up because it was raining. About two weeks later, before I had a chance to tear open the door, I was complaining about it to someone and it worked again. So yeah SR5 stuff is nice but not when it doesn't work.
If I had the tint to do over again I might go with 20% on the front. It is nice on the street but when you are out on the trail and are trying to make eye contact with someone it makes it really hard.
Also having the sunroof in mine lets alot of light in behind the windows making them look lighter. I wish I had a cover for it so I could cover it up sometimes. Yours would probably look a little darking with 35%. You would probably want at least 20% on the back too. This is my first tinted vehicle and I love it.
Old 01-23-2004, 12:42 PM

Originally posted by maherj
I do enjoy all the creature comforts but on the last outing my drivers side window quit working. I found this out when I asked some one to spot me. Luckily it quit working all the way up because it was raining. About two weeks later, before I had a chance to tear open the door, I was complaining about it to someone and it worked again. So yeah SR5 stuff is nice but not when it doesn't work.
If I had the tint to do over again I might go with 20% on the front. It is nice on the street but when you are out on the trail and are trying to make eye contact with someone it makes it really hard.
Also having the sunroof in mine lets alot of light in behind the windows making them look lighter. I wish I had a cover for it so I could cover it up sometimes. Yours would probably look a little darking with 35%. You would probably want at least 20% on the back too. This is my first tinted vehicle and I love it.
True indeed, that's the only down side.

I hate having to reach over to roll down the darn window!

Yes, I'd like my back windows to be darker, I suppose 20% would do. If I can't get the fronts darker than 35%, I can do away with 35%, if not, I'll with 30% or 25%.. 20% would seem too dark.

Last edited by KING; 01-23-2004 at 12:45 PM.
Old 01-23-2004, 01:05 PM

Originally posted by r854rnr
from what I can gather, formula one is the best tinting around. I would suggest going to Formula one's web page and locating a shop in your area.
The dealer for FORMULA here in the valley goes by the legal limit as well for the front ones.

He qouted me a price for tint all around, for $119, $129, or $139 depending on the brand I want.

Quick Reply: PHOENIX and surrounding tint shops??