Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Our new 4runner!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2005, 01:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Our new 4runner!!!

We drove to Texas this past Sat. and picked up a 99 SR5 Highlander edition 4runner. It was listed on Ebay,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWA%3AIT

and that is where I first saw it. After contacting the seller, we were able to work out the details and now it is ours!! We took the 4runner out Sunday with our fellow 4wheelers and tried it out, what a difference from our 67 Bronco! auto and A/C, what a novel concept. I haven't tried the rear locker yet, but that will happen this Sunday, as we are heading up to Wheeler Lake and playing on some rocks I have already added side nerd bars (for now) and have done the deckplate, ISR and rear locker mods. Along with the upgraded exhaust, this 4runner motivates! I hope to add manual hubs and a better front bumper in the future. What does everyone think?? Hope to see a few of ya' on the trails in Colorado!
Old 07-11-2005, 01:25 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good find. One suggestion would be sliders instead of nerfbars.
Old 07-11-2005, 01:37 PM
Contributing Member

thats a great looking truck and a good find with those tires...exactly what i plan on buying in 2 years...welcome!
Old 07-11-2005, 01:49 PM
Contributing Member

sweet...nice find!
Old 07-11-2005, 01:52 PM
Contributing Member

Good looking ride. I'm jealous!
Old 07-11-2005, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by dragr1
Good find. One suggestion would be sliders instead of nerfbars.
I will be building something better than the nerd bars, but for now, they help my wife load our newborn in easier . I am pretty sure they won't last one "good" trip on a trail.
Old 07-11-2005, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by msw0085
thats a great looking truck and a good find with those tires...exactly what i plan on buying in 2 years...welcome!
Thanks, the wife fell in love with it instantly. The tires are the Goodyear MTR's and have approx. 6k highway miles, so they look like new. With the tires and the lift already added, I saved a bunch of money that would have been spent in the future.
Old 07-11-2005, 02:10 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by cracker_1
I will be building something better than the nerd bars, but for now, they help my wife load our newborn in easier . I am pretty sure they won't last one "good" trip on a trail.

I know what you mean, if it weren't for my sliders my pregnant wife wouldn't be able to get in mine at all. I purposely got square tube sliders instead of round b/c they would be easier to stand on for her.
Old 07-11-2005, 03:29 PM

That looks like a real nice rig. How much did you get it for? What type of lift does it have?

Nice.
Old 07-12-2005, 04:52 AM
lee
Contributing Member

Thanks, the wife fell in love with it instantly. The tires are the Goodyear MTR's and have approx. 6k highway miles, so they look like new. With the tires and the lift already added, I saved a bunch of money that would have been spent in the future.
no joke... those mt/r's alone would probably run you at least 250-275 per tire... maybe more.

nice runner
Old 07-12-2005, 06:21 AM
Contributing Member

I didn't see the rear headrests in the pic or the rear cargo cover;did they short you on those?
Old 07-12-2005, 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by X-AWDriver
I didn't see the rear headrests in the pic or the rear cargo cover;did they short you on those?
The owner has them and is supposed to meet me in Pueblo and deliver them and another set of keys. He was going to school at CSU, so he travels thru Pueblo alot heading to Texas. (I hope...)
Old 07-12-2005, 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by montypower
That looks like a real nice rig. How much did you get it for? What type of lift does it have?

Nice.
I do not know the brand of lift. The front are gray coils over yellow w/blue stripe adj. shocks and an ~1" aluminum spacer on top. The rear are gray coils again with yellow w/blue tripe shocks in the rear. Is there anything else I should look for underneath to make sure everything was done correctly?? It sure does drive nice and it handles very well. Also, it has an aftermarker exhaust added as well. It sounds pretty "throaty" under full accel., especially after I did the intake mods to it.
Old 07-12-2005, 07:21 AM
Banned

I do not know the brand of lift. The front are gray coils over yellow w/blue stripe adj. shocks and an ~1" aluminum spacer on top. The rear are gray coils again with yellow w/blue tripe shocks in the rear. Is there anything else I should look for underneath to make sure everything was done correctly?? It sure does drive nice and it handles very well. Also, it has an aftermarker exhaust added as well. It sounds pretty "throaty" under full accel., especially after I did the intake mods to it.
sounds like downey adjustable coils w/ bilstein struts up front and a top cornfed spacer and downey 3.5 rear coils and bilstein rear shocks.

nice setup!
Old 07-12-2005, 07:28 AM
Contributing Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
That would be my guess as well... !

I like that green color!
Old 07-12-2005, 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by bamachem
sounds like downey adjustable coils w/ bilstein struts up front and a top cornfed spacer and downey 3.5 rear coils and bilstein rear shocks.

nice setup!
Thanks for the info, anything I should look for in the steering geometry and such? Also, why do they call the spacer "cornfed"?
Old 07-12-2005, 08:59 AM
lee
Contributing Member

cornfed is a brand: http://www.cornfedsuspension.com/
Old 07-12-2005, 01:23 PM
Contributing Member

Location: Home: Aurora, CO; Work: The People's Republic of Denver
Nice find, esp with thelift, tires and the "RR" button. Plus at 107k, its barely broken in!
Old 07-13-2005, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by rwmorrisonjr
Nice find, esp with thelift, tires and the "RR" button. Plus at 107k, its barely broken in!
Thanks for all of the positive feedback. I am going to run the 4runner up our RTI ramp and see what it does with and without the sway bar connected. Curious also about the lift and how well it can do.
Old 07-13-2005, 08:17 AM

Cool! That exact vehicle was on my "watched" list and I saw that the auction ended without meeting the reserved price. Do you mind me asking what you eventually paid for it? I'm working a similar angle that you are -- checking eBay for a very specific type of 3rd gen 4Runner and seeing what they're going for at auction. I'm hoping to find a good deal within the next couple of months on a ride very similar to yours.

Congrats! That's a great looking 'Runner.

Ed

Quick Reply: Our new 4runner!!!