Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

OME 2.5" Lift Coil Spring Dimensions

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2003, 12:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OME 2.5" Lift Coil Spring Dimensions

Alright guys, I know a bunch of you are running the OME 2.5" coils in the rear. After adding the revtek 3" kit to my 03', the rear still sags quite a bit. For a temporary fix, we just threw on some PP Air Bags, but after some time in the mud, they are pinched between the coils and look like they are going to pop. So my question is: What are the dimensions on the OME 2.5" rear lift coils? Our new plan is to either swap in new coils along with keeping the 2.5" spacer from revtek, or yanking the entire rear setup and bolting on some heavy duty firestone air bags with a silent internal compressor. I'm really hoping there is a way I can make the OME's fit. Just a measurement of the diameter (inside and out) as well as the extended length would be awesome...thanks.

Billy
Old 11-29-2003, 08:11 AM
Banned

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
Re: OME 2.5" Lift Coil Spring Dimensions

Originally posted by fourunnabilly
Alright guys, I know a bunch of you are running the OME 2.5" coils in the rear. After adding the revtek 3" kit to my 03', the rear still sags quite a bit. For a temporary fix, we just threw on some PP Air Bags, but after some time in the mud, they are pinched between the coils and look like they are going to pop. So my question is: What are the dimensions on the OME 2.5" rear lift coils? Our new plan is to either swap in new coils along with keeping the 2.5" spacer from revtek, or yanking the entire rear setup and bolting on some heavy duty firestone air bags with a silent internal compressor. I'm really hoping there is a way I can make the OME's fit. Just a measurement of the diameter (inside and out) as well as the extended length would be awesome...thanks.

Billy
I don't have any OME 891s YET, but I will in a day or two when my order gets here and I'd be glad to take some dims if these are the springs you speak of. Let me know!

Old 11-29-2003, 10:59 AM

Brian-

Thanks for the reply, that is exactly what I need. You would save me a ton of time by just getting me the inside and outside diameter, as well as the extended length (as they sit...you know what I mean). Again, thanks a lot.

Billy
Old 11-29-2003, 12:24 PM
Contributing Member

The coil length and the diameter are very different and will not fit from what I have been told. (this includes stiffness etc etc)

But since you'll be getting them soon you can let us know anyway

On a side note: Downey should have rear coils available by xmas so this might be a good time for you to just hold off abit. I'm working hard with Downey to get their coils done so I can test fit the parts to ensure quality on it so when they call me I'll make sure to let ya guys know!
Old 11-29-2003, 02:01 PM

Good Times-

Hey, great news to hear. I know you have been working with those guys for quite a while. Like you said though, since Brian has some coming in, it would be interesting to see what the differences in size are. Keep us all posted. What I would really like would be a coil long enough to remove the 2.5" revtek spacer and add another 1.5" of lift as well...maybe dreaming there though...or just another custom fab job of mine i guess.

Billy
Old 11-29-2003, 03:29 PM
Contributing Member

Downey's rear coil for the 4th gen should be 2.5" (lift) so hopefully this will be good for you. The only problem will be the limitation on the fronts. It looks like anything beyond 3" and you might run into cv angles (not sure yet as i'm still hugging the ground!).

Other options you might consider are 1" body lift? or maybe even a 2" body lift?
Old 11-29-2003, 06:02 PM

Good Times-

Again, thanks for the extended info. I think that the Downey's combined with my 2.5" Revtek space should be perfect. All that audio in the rear adds an exta 3-400 lbs, and I've have never been a fan of a saggy rear end...so yeah, it looks like you have the anwswer for me. Do you know if the coils will be available as a seperate item, or would I have to buy the entire kit...i would hope i can get the coils seperately?? Also, any word yet on price? I saw in another thread that you said the kit should be complete any day now, so as soon as you find out the deal, please let me know. In re: to your idea about the body lift, I'm really not looking to go any higher than where she is now...I think it looks perfect, and honestly the 3" and 33's don't look big under the rig at all. Considering that they are almost 10% larger than the Gen III's, it just truly looks how it should from the factory. After my last and final fender trimming, the tires have plenty of clearance at any articulation, so once the Downeys go on, the suspension will be done. Then to the motor...

Thanks again,

Billy
Old 11-29-2003, 06:06 PM
Contributing Member

Billy:

You should be able to order just the rear separately. Also I think they will be selling the coils separately from the shocks too (not sure as none is available yet) but I can ask when I see them soon

Lance
Old 11-29-2003, 06:07 PM

awesome, cause i already have the shocks from the revtek kit...you are one prompt M.F. Peace.

Billy
Old 11-29-2003, 06:28 PM
Banned

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
10-4

Originally posted by fourunnabilly
Brian-

Thanks for the reply, that is exactly what I need. You would save me a ton of time by just getting me the inside and outside diameter, as well as the extended length (as they sit...you know what I mean). Again, thanks a lot.

Billy
Billy,

When they get here, hopefully by the end of this next week, I'll take you some measurements. That will give me an excuse to take the stuff out of the box before it gets installed. Christmas coming early this year baby!

Old 11-30-2003, 11:08 AM

Great, I appreciate your help as well...let us know how the install goes and what the new ride quality feels like, etc...not that you wouldn't anyway...and or course some pics...I dig your ride and she'll look killer with the suspension upgrades.

Billy
Old 12-01-2003, 09:29 PM

Brian and Lance-

Just curious if you guys have gotten any closer to this riddle? I'm hoping, as I'm sure you are too, that your coils will hit any day so you can get em on and take a quick measurement for me as well, Brian. And Lance, I made an effort to talk to downey today but to no avail...thanks again for all the help...hope you guys get your parts soon.

Billy