Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Not happy with www.performancecenter.com

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2003, 03:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Not happy with www.performancecenter.com

On the 18th I ordered up some NPI Catch-All floor mats for my wife's car, online. I expected to get them delivered by late in the week or by mid-week of the following, but in any case, by the time we leave for vacation on the 5th. I got a confirmation of my order almost immediately.

I didn't hear another thing until the 28th, a full 10 days later, when I got an email saying the mats were on back order but "should be" shipped on the 26th, two days earlier, because I guess email takes two days! I immediately called them to find out whether the mats had shipped and the person on the phone said "Nope, probably won't ship for another couple days" but could not give me a firm date.

Now we were nearing crunch time, because I don't want $250 worth of floor mats simply dropped off on my doorstep while we are gone, so I called on 29th to find out whether the mats had been shipped by now. The guy on the phone said "Yep, looks like they shipped a couple days ago. You should have them by Monday or Tuesday, if not tomorrow" Cool, I thought, enough time to get them installed before we leave. Feeling good, I left for work.

A couple hours later my wife called and said we had gotten yet ANOTHER new email, saying that the mats still had not been shipped. So, she called them and the guy said "Nope, won't be shipped until the 2d". My wife asked if we could upgrade the shipping for quicker delivery so we could get them before we leave, and the guy said "Nope, they pick it at the warehouse". WHAAAATTTT??? I got to choose my shipping method when I ordered, I picked standard ground because I thought three weeks would be PLENTY OF TIME! What a joke!

So, I really wanted to cancel with Performance and order through Summit, but Summit's website is kind enough to tell me the items are on back order, something the Performance Center site did NOT do. Oh, and when we called Summit, they could actually tell us how long the backorder wait would be.

So now I am looking for a local place that might carry them. If not, I am just hoping they get here before we leave.

I am SO mad, because my intention was to go through Summit in the beginning, but since their site showed the items on backorder and Performance's made no indication either way, I just figured Performance had them in stock.

So, if you go to Performance Center, jsut call them ahead of time to make sure they have the stuff in before you order.
Old 08-30-2003, 04:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Not happy with www.performancecenter.com

Originally posted by scott.475
So, if you go to Performance Center, just call them ahead of time to make sure they have the stuff in before you order.
Or go ANYWHERE else from the sounds of things...:pat:
Old 08-30-2003, 04:14 PM

Yeah, I know :cry: BUT, it was after hours when I made the first order, and it still doesn't excuse their bit of incompetence with the other stuff. Still, I feel
Old 08-30-2003, 04:32 PM

Sorry to hear about all the crapola youve been put through. I hate it when companies do the "run-around" when lack of knowledge plays a role. I would push the point of how unhappy you are and ask for a discount on something else being you just went and bought what you wanted from a company that COULD deliver. If they say no then who cares there are better run companies out there. You dont need them they need you! IMO
Old 09-03-2003, 04:57 AM

sorry to hear those guys gave you a bum deal...i actually always have had really good exeriences with 'em but then again i never order parts strictly from a website...any major online purchases i make i tend to shop online and then actually order with the 1-800 number...just seems to cover bases better that way...plus with performancecenter especially...they will often give you a better price on anything you order through their sales dept...usually a couple of bucks less than the online price...but just my $.02