Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

North Alabama and UltraSound Cleaning

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2003, 02:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
North Alabama and UltraSound Cleaning

hey all.
i got my truck back from the mechanic and he said he couldn't fix the 0171 code or the hesitation on my truck. i've got a 99 tacoma 4x v6. he basically tried the chemical injector cleaner again, but didnt seem to take the hint that i thought it needed the injectors pulled and cleaned.........i think he's sceart!

is there anyone on the board that's around north alabama? i think i've got someone who'll pull the injectors, but i dont know where to send them for u/s cleaning. me thinks the passenger side injectors are clogged.

thanx all
brad
Old 10-23-2003, 03:09 PM
Contributing Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: North Alabama and UltraSound Cleaning

Originally posted by bamayote
hey all.
i got my truck back from the mechanic and he said he couldn't fix the 0171 code or the hesitation on my truck. i've got a 99 tacoma 4x v6. he basically tried the chemical injector cleaner again, but didnt seem to take the hint that i thought it needed the injectors pulled and cleaned.........i think he's sceart!

is there anyone on the board that's around north alabama? i think i've got someone who'll pull the injectors, but i dont know where to send them for u/s cleaning. me thinks the passenger side injectors are clogged.

thanx all
brad
That is a lean code for the O2 sensor bank right?
I think that was a classic for either MAF needs cleaning or possibly a vacum leak. Look for hoses cracked or looseor if the intake has been remove and installed you could have a leak there as well. Also if you have a K&N air filter then check the MAF for cleaning. Check for those 2 and see what you find out.
Old 10-23-2003, 04:07 PM

Thanx MTL but....

i've changed both o2 sensors, cleaned the MAF, new TPS, changed plugs, checked resistance on plug wires, had a "mac flush" twice, changed fuel filter, listen till my ears bled for vacuum leaks......lol....................the only thing i haven't done is clean the "hot wire" on the MAF. that's next. there's one other thing that the haynes manual says could be wrong is the ECT, but that would give it's own DTC.
whew...............
on top of that............the mech says he's called a couple of toyota techs at the dealers and they're stumped as well.
thanx for the reply......................keep em coming!!

brad
Old 10-23-2003, 05:58 PM

sorry, i can't help you. But where are you in North Alabama??? I'm from Florence, I've only lived in Ga for about 5 months now.
Old 10-24-2003, 04:31 AM

hey BR................i'm in rogersville.
not far at all from florence!