Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

New Tires and Wheels came in today! (PICS!)

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 08:21 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
New Tires and Wheels came in today! (PICS!)

Hey guys, TirePackage.com came through for me. Got my tires\wheels in today. Got them on and took a few pics down on the beach.

Looks great with my painted grill I think!

This pic proves I need to remove more chrome! It really stands out now.

I'm going to get it washed up this weekend and get more pics (I hope I have time)

All I can say, is it's getting there.... Just one step at a time and I'll get it how I want it.

Last edited by psraff; 03-27-2008 at 08:25 PM.
Old 03-27-2008, 08:35 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Nitto Terra Grapplers???...pro comp wheels..i know that...which ones are they..?..give us some specs
Old 03-27-2008, 08:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks good, what size rim/tire package???
Old 03-27-2008, 08:37 PM

Nice wheel choice they definitely compliment the grill nicely
Old 03-27-2008, 08:39 PM

Now just get rid of the chrome bumpers and running boards and you're all set
Old 03-27-2008, 08:54 PM
Contributing Member

Sorry, running around here doing a ton of things and totally forgot to post the specs... Nitto Terra Grapplers 265/75-16, Pro Comp Wheels 7089 16x8 (I just told the guy stock suspension on a 99 Runner and he took care of the rest)Matte Black. Wheels come with black center caps and black lugs also.

As for the running boards, I plan on taking care of that this weekend. I'm testing out some new "paint" I found at Home Depot (well, new to me). It's Plasti Dip by Performix. I painted a couple of plastic pieces (last coat drying as I'm typing) as so far, I'm very happy with it. I'm thinking of sanding down the running boards and painting them with it (tell me of someone has used it already and if I shouldn't use it on my boards)

As for why I'm keeping my boards on, I have two daughters who are 8 and 9 and the running boards really help them get in the truck...

Last edited by psraff; 03-27-2008 at 09:09 PM.
Old 03-27-2008, 09:18 PM

you can almost surf those waves! how cold was it?
truck looks awesome! if you saw my 85 you know i'm a huge fan of the blacked out look. my 00 will be that way soon. My two cents: take off the fender trim, paint the bumpers, tint the front windows
Old 03-27-2008, 09:26 PM

a set of jason burtmans black headlights/corners would really make the front end look even better.

great looking 4runner. i love the blacked out look
Old 03-27-2008, 09:26 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by michalik_piotr
you can almost surf those waves! how cold was it?
truck looks awesome! if you saw my 85 you know i'm a huge fan of the blacked out look. my 00 will be that way soon. My two cents: take off the fender trim, paint the bumpers, tint the front windows

LOL About 35* out. But those aren't waves. That's a wall of ice that gets built up over the winter of the tides going in and out. Massive tides around here. 18 foot and higher is common.

I'm working for the blacked out look. I plan on painting the fender trim black. I was thinking of leaving them on for just that much more protection from rock chips and such. Is it worth it? mmmm 24 hours of daylight should justify tinting the window uh???
Old 03-27-2008, 09:32 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Sloan
a set of jason burtmans black headlights/corners would really make the front end look even better.

great looking 4runner. i love the blacked out look
Thanks! And I was looking at those lights a while back. I just may try them someday. I'm one of those who upgrades when something breaks or if I have to have something. I'm too much of a tight @ss to spend that much money on something I don't really NEED. I got those clear bumper lenses because one of mine was broke. I didn't see anyone else have a problem with them, but I have lots of condensation in mine... (no mud puddle running or anything, just normal winter\spring driving). I'm hoping summer time will take care of it on it's own....
Old 03-27-2008, 09:36 PM

nice lookin rig, tires, and wheels u got there psraff. hey, quick question for you.. what part of alaska is it where its dark for a month?
Old 03-27-2008, 10:15 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by ozziesironmanoffroad
nice lookin rig, tires, and wheels u got there psraff. hey, quick question for you.. what part of alaska is it where its dark for a month?
Thanks on the truck...

As for the daylight\darkness question, I don't know exactly where it starts doing that, but anything above the Artic Circle would be like that.

Ok, I'll save you a ton of reading.. I just wrote everything below, but then found this site:
http://www.alaska.com/about/weather/...-4773632c.html
This will give you a better idea... Still go ahead and read below if you need help getting to sleep.

Here in Kenai (South Central Alaska) in the summer time it's daylight 24 hours (not true daylight, but light enough where you don't need really headlights for a couple of weeks). The sun just drops below the mountains. In the winter time, the shortest amount of daylight would be it getting light right before 10AM and starts getting dark around 3PM. You always hear about the 6 months of light 6 months of darkness... You don't get that unless you are on the very top of Alaska (Barrow) and remember there is still the transistion time between the two so it's not true 6 months of light, 6 months of darkness.

But if you look at Kenai right now, it says we have almost 13 hours "Length Of Day" with each day getting 3min 36 sec longer. But if you look at Fairbanks their "Lengh of Day" is 13 hr 7 sec, but each day is getting longer 6 min 45 sec longer. I know winters in Fairbanks is hard. As for total darkness in the wintertime, I would think they would have a few days like that. How many exactly, I'm not sure. And they are in Central Alaska so anything along them or higher is days on end of total darkness.
Old 03-27-2008, 10:28 PM

Looks great! I like the black-out look you've got going on, you should definitely paint all that chrome to match your 4Runner, and maybe get some black headlights & corners? Now that would look sick...
Old 03-28-2008, 03:29 AM

Originally Posted by Taro
Now just get rid of the chrome bumpers and running boards and you're all set
+1 And that chrome strip on the fenders...
Old 03-28-2008, 04:40 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
\m/ i want a blacked out pic in a black out alaska \m/
Old 03-28-2008, 05:19 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Fo_SheeZy
Looks great! I like the black-out look you've got going on, you should definitely paint all that chrome to match your 4Runner, and maybe get some black headlights & corners? Now that would look sick...

Baby steps young Grasshopper, bady steps.... For some crazy reason there's a law stating I have to feed my kids every once in a while. So they come first. I can't dump all my time and money into this. LOL

But honestly, I'm glad everyone's liking it. I know I do!
Thanks Everyone!
Old 03-28-2008, 05:25 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by bigt
\m/ i want a blacked out pic in a black out alaska \m/
You may be joking, but I was thinking of that once I get everything how I want it. Up here there are times of the year that the moon seems twice as big as it is down in the lower 48. I would love to have a shot of my truck with that in the background. But I know that it would never come out with my camera, it's only a little Canon Powershot. I would need a more professional camera for that (to get enough light on the truck to get it, but not so much to wash out the background) Or I'm all wrong, hell I don't know anything about photography.... LOL
Old 03-28-2008, 10:25 AM

Once it gets a bit warmer here, I am going to Herculine/POR15 my front chrome bumper (you can get it pretty cheap).

POR15

Has a rough bedliner finish (looks tough, IMO ), and I think it will be better than painting your front bumper, as it will resist rock chips, flaking and such.

Also, you should try to find some optional OEM fender flares. New wheels look good, though!
Old 03-28-2008, 05:20 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by cackalak han
Also, you should try to find some optional OEM fender flares. New wheels look good, though!

I was driving by a limited the other day looking at their fender flares. Would I have to get different mud flaps also (front and rear)? I'm sure everyone isn't letting go of theirs, any idea how much a new set would be? I would think a set of Bushwackers would be just as much if not maybe cheaper....
Old 03-29-2008, 10:30 AM

Nice!! I dig those wheels, they match your grill perfectly. Good work!