Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

New rubber & wheels for my ride (Lifted 4th Gen)

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2004, 09:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New rubber & wheels for my ride (Lifted 4th Gen)

Hey all-

I know I am gonna get a lot of flack from the majority of you, but I finally found a setup that I like. The wheels are 22x9.5" Helo Hawks. The tires (which have posed the greatest search) are Toyo Open Country A/T's measuring 325/50R22 or 34.7x12.7". The wheels come chrome from Helo, but I am having them powder coated black that is fairly translucent, so it should be a pretty cool effect. We are leaving the outer rim face chrome, as well as the center cap, which i may never put on anyway. Just gotta find me some 16" discs now... The wheels will be in next week, and the tires are on a 3-4 week back order as they have just come out. Does anyone have experience with these tires???...any input would be great.

Also, the entire stereo re-construction process continues on, thanks largely due to ebay. There is a ton of custom work involved, but 8" subs are going into the front doors, as well as a lot of fiberglass work everywhere. I think that about does it. I'll keep you all posted...have a good one and a great Easter Sunday.

Billy
Old 04-09-2004, 09:58 PM
Contributing Member

holy smokes. i wish i was you. haha. sounds rockin. keep us posted.
Old 04-11-2004, 01:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Very nice, I was actually thinking about going that big, the pictures of the lifted SEMA Armada gave me the idea, can't wait to see pics
Old 04-11-2004, 03:50 PM

Edge-

Hey, thanks a ton bro...not getting too many responses with this thread...i wonder why...lol... ...ok maybe i do. Yeah, I cant wait to get em on as well. Since it is such a large tire, I think they are still gonna look very good. Everything is on order. The wheels are getting the black powder coat as we speak and should arrive late this coming week. The tires are a couple weeks off on a back order. I'll have pics early next month.

Billy
Old 04-11-2004, 03:54 PM
Contributing Member

I had 20s on my truck before I found yotatech. Basically I was modding off what I could read in the sport truck magazines and what I could find off of Ebay. Once I got onto yotatech I switch over to off roading and sold the tires and rims. In retrospect, I should have kept this a street truck and bought an older truck for wheeling. oh well live and learn.

good luck with this though .. 3-4 weeks waiting on tires. You have more patience then me.
Old 04-11-2004, 03:56 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by fourunnabilly
not getting too many responses with this thread...i wonder why...lol........ I'll have pics early next month.
I was holding out comments until I saw some pics. Not very many rigs with oversized rims look good but you have always had good taste in the past so i guess we'll have to trust you on this one.
Old 04-11-2004, 04:01 PM
Contributing Member

The tires (which have posed the greatest search) are Toyo Open Country A/T's measuring 325/50R22 or 34.7x12.7".
are you going to re-gear, because those tires are almost 35's
Old 04-11-2004, 04:31 PM

Thanks guys. I am not going to re-gear, at least in the immediate future, because I am already running a 35" tire (315/70R17...H2 Take Offs) and have no prob at all with the V-8. The new tires are pretty much the same size, so I am not too worried about this.

Waterboy-
I'll let ya check the whole ride out in person, as I will be back in the Bremerton/Port Orchard area in about a month. Glad you are showing faith in me. I guarantee the consensus will dig em.

Billy
Old 04-11-2004, 05:56 PM

Shame on you Fourunnabilly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

You should have ordered the tires last month so you could post the pics now!!

Like Waterboy said, I trust your taste. 8s in the doors huh? Sounds awesome...
Good luck dude.
-tim
Old 04-11-2004, 06:19 PM

Damn sounds like its gonna be sweet.
Old 04-11-2004, 08:18 PM
Contributing Member

I have to add my presence to all post he makes. The 22s will kick ass.
Old 04-11-2004, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by dbikeman
I have to add my presence to all post he makes. The 22s will kick ass.
You just dont stop do ya bro...lol...just wait till we are both rollin 22's...I expect a permanent block on my account.

Billy
Old 04-11-2004, 09:56 PM
Contributing Member

lol they gonna hate us around here for being "riced out". oh well im sure some of them will be ok with our choices
Old 04-11-2004, 10:21 PM

The wait is gonna be killer
Old 04-12-2004, 01:03 AM

Originally Posted by EDGE
The wait is gonna be killer
Not when the $$ is non-existent...or lets say re-directed toward the stereo at the moment...there is a very good chance the tires may come sooner...I will know more tomorrow...I could have the tires by the end of the week if I wanted to pay an extra $80 per...been back and forth on that one...we'll see.

Billy
Old 04-12-2004, 05:06 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by sdastg1
I had 20s on my truck before I found yotatech. .
It takes guts to admit that on this board!
Old 04-13-2004, 12:13 AM

Not when the $$ is non-existent...or lets say re-directed toward the stereo at the moment...there is a very good chance the tires may come sooner...I will know more tomorrow...I could have the tires by the end of the week if I wanted to pay an extra $80 per...been back and forth on that one...we'll see.

Billy
Just a odd question man, where is all the mod money coming from I want to do some serious stuff to my ride but right now Im just putting my money in the bank, it is so tempting.

I really can't wait to see these wheels
Old 04-13-2004, 02:55 AM

Originally Posted by EDGE
Just a odd question man, where is all the mod money coming from I want to do some serious stuff to my ride but right now Im just putting my money in the bank, it is so tempting.

I really can't wait to see these wheels

Edge-

Hey bro, there are some things in this life that are just better left unknown. If I had an answer I could give you I would. To make matters even more interesting, I am a 22 year old college student who is finishing his second architectural degree and is off to chase a second masters degree in automotive design next fall. I have had an extremely blessed life, and get way more out of sharing my runner with all of you than i get out of it myself. I did help a buddy order some 22's for his ride today, and my wheels should arrive from TX on thurs or fri. If I am able to get the $$ together, the tires could arrive within a week at the most. I feel extremely bad at times for posting what I have created on this forum, as it never has or will be my intent to boast to the rest of you. What makes it all worth while is the opportunity to answer questions and help the rest of you, as well as inspire people to love the 4th gens. That is more than enough satisfaction for me. I gotta get home to sleep for a few hours...later all.

Billy
Old 04-13-2004, 03:03 AM

I don't feel at all that your boasting about your 4Runner, Im glad their are people out their like yourself that take such pride in your ride and yourself and are more then willing to help others.

Im impressed thats all, I just have not crossed that line where I can feel the urge to mod like crazy althought Im about to fall over the edge
Old 04-13-2004, 04:52 AM
lee
Contributing Member

i think its billy's goal to make us all feel inferior.

Quick Reply: New rubber & wheels for my ride (Lifted 4th Gen)