Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

new mod pics: Sport skid plate & side steps, TRD Decals, Tinted front windows

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2003, 04:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
new mod pics: Sport skid plate & side steps, TRD Decals, Tinted front windows

Just thought I would share some pictures of my new mods. They are pretty much cosmetic but I think make a big difference in comparison to how my truck looked before. They are as follows:

factory skid plate that is an option for Sport Models
Tube Steps that are an option for Sport Models
TRD Decals (charcoal)
15% LLumar front window/visor tint

The window tint is great and really keeps the temps down. It is not too dark during the day but at night it is pretty dark. I think 15% matches almost perfectly to the factory tint. The steps are great too because I no longer have to hear my passengers complain about getting in my lifted 4runner any more.

here is a teaser for all the cold weather people!
Old 11-29-2003, 05:20 PM

Looks great! I recognize that place! Is that imperial beach? All i know is my bro invited me to a bonfire there and passing by it on many different trips like ACE hardware or the powder coater.

Anyway, awesome truck! Very clean and subtle.
Old 11-29-2003, 05:24 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Nolan,

Looks alot better! Those tubes suuure do look familiar! Well Im sure yours were much easier to install than my custom job.

The tint definitely makes your 4runner look really good. I've been thinking about doing that this winter when the rates are a little cheaper. How much did you pay?

Bob
Old 11-29-2003, 05:43 PM
Contributing Member

Bah;the teaser pic doesn't bother us cold weather people,we get to use our 4WD more.
Old 11-29-2003, 05:44 PM

Plays_with_Toys- that is actually Mission Bay right in the Ski Beach area.

Bob- I looked at your write-up for the xterra step mod many times when I was deciding what steps to get and wanted to do it because it would be a lot cheaper, but I opted for the 4runner steps basically just for convenience, they look 20 mins both sides to install. As for the tint I paid $95 for the two front windows and windshield strip. I am not sure if that is cheap or expensive, but the place has a good rep for doing a good job so that is why I choose them.
Old 11-29-2003, 05:48 PM

Originally posted by X-AWDriver
Bah;the teaser pic doesn't bother us cold weather people,we get to use our 4WD more.
LOL that is true. But I can surf on Saturday and on Sunday drive 2.5 hours to snowboard, try that!
Old 11-29-2003, 05:51 PM

Hey, I'll admit I am one hell of a sucker for that teaser pic...Motana is far from warm at the moment...especially after I spent last winter in Cali.

Anyway, great looking rig. "Plays" said it best about the subtlety...reminds me of mine slightley. Keep up the good work.

Billy
Old 11-29-2003, 05:53 PM

LOL with ya...I actually pulled that in one day last year while in Carpinteria...hit musselshoals in the am and made a run for the snow later that day.

Billy
Old 11-29-2003, 06:12 PM

Looking real good! I really love that last picture, I wish I was there. :cry:
Old 11-29-2003, 08:10 PM
Contributing Member

Very clean and smooth looking truck man...only $95 for the tint huh? Hmm...is the stock tinting on 2nd and 3rd gen runners the same? If so, I will get the same thing you got done and I'm hoping that will help the look of mine.

Nice rig you have there,

Fink
Old 11-29-2003, 08:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks great. I like the stance your Runner has!
Old 11-29-2003, 08:44 PM
Contributing Member

very nice
Old 11-29-2003, 09:35 PM

Nolan-

That tint makes the Runner look really clean. Did you do 15% acroos the front strip too or darker? I got qouted 90 bucks for the front sides and strip in LLumar from a guy who does my families cars so 95 sounds great.

I am curious to know where (dealer/online) you got those tube steps. They really look noice and since I took the factory steps offa mine my girl has been complaining and its not even lifted yet. Maybe I could get some for her for xmas

Lookin good! Later
-Stu.
Old 11-29-2003, 10:07 PM

Nice looking truck you got. I still have yet to see it in person, one of these days you're gonna have to come play in the dirt with those big tires. I just found an area just past Santee that is fun for 2 or 4wd, depends on which way you take to the top. I had a buddy actually take his Civic up to the top and do a little rally racing. Plus he made a stock 2wd Jeep cherokee look silly. We go any day of the week since it's so close, plus you can see some of the fire damage up close.
Old 11-29-2003, 10:10 PM
Contributing Member

nice work. glad to see you finally got some tube steps .
Old 11-29-2003, 10:25 PM

Hey RobT2k, this trail you talking about in Santee ...is it stock suspension friendly? I've got a 02 Tacoma Prerunner TRD that I want to welcome the off-road season with. I'm sure Nolan would want to get into that as well since I believe his rig is still a virgin!

Sai
Old 11-29-2003, 10:47 PM

Nice! I did'nt know Toyota made tubes like that...I thought those were Pathfinders like Bobs.
Old 11-30-2003, 12:43 AM

Originally posted by RobT2k
Nice looking truck you got. I still have yet to see it in person, one of these days you're gonna have to come play in the dirt with those big tires. I just found an area just past Santee that is fun for 2 or 4wd, depends on which way you take to the top. I had a buddy actually take his Civic up to the top and do a little rally racing. Plus he made a stock 2wd Jeep cherokee look silly. We go any day of the week since it's so close, plus you can see some of the fire damage up close.
I would love to go up there, saturdays or sundays are best for me. Let me know when you can go and SpdRcr can come out too.
Old 11-30-2003, 12:46 AM

Originally posted by butnut
Nice! I did'nt know Toyota made tubes like that...I thought those were Pathfinders like Bobs.
The steps are actually made by DeeZee however DeeZee can only sell them to Toyota Dealers. I contacted DeeZee directly thinking I could get a better price from them rather than what the dealers are charging (almost $400 new) and they told me they could not sell to the public. I ended up getting these from a fellow forum member for a lot better price than the dealer so it all worked out.
Old 11-30-2003, 12:50 AM

Originally posted by hungryStu
Did you do 15% acroos the front strip too or darker?
Yea you are right it is darker, I got 5% across the top. When I first got it done it looked wierd looking out but I am used to it now.

Quick Reply: new mod pics: Sport skid plate & side steps, TRD Decals, Tinted front windows