Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

new liiiiiiiiiights :)

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2003, 03:47 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up new liiiiiiiiiights :)

New got some more 500s for the LoadWorrior. I'm not going to wire them up til I can get some help. I'm going to run a wire through the hole for the roof rack and I don't want to take any chances with leaks. I don't trust myself enough yet. Oh well, they can just look cool for now

Old 11-01-2003, 03:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice mod!! Looks really good! Can't wait to see a pic of them lighting up the night sky!
Old 11-01-2003, 03:55 PM
Contributing Member

And look cool they do!!

Awesome man, I need to work on getting some lights...

Fink
Old 11-01-2003, 04:03 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i dont trust myself yet either, some day. they look absolutely awesome dude!! good job!
Old 11-01-2003, 04:15 PM
Contributing Member

Location: Home: Aurora, CO; Work: The People's Republic of Denver
Running the wiring through the roof isn't too hard. I've hard-mounted both my CB and cell-phone antennas through the roof with no problems. A couple words of advice, though:

1. drill a small hole through the yellow plug under the roof rack rail(say that three times fast!) endcap to run the wire through, then seal it with some silicone.

2. Drill a similar hole through the back to the endcap itself to route the wire, and then seal that with some silicone.

3. Looks like your Load Warrior is attached to the factory rails, so just slide them back to access the Torx screws (size T-20) to get the endcaps off. You have to loosen the first two or three screws and lift the rails to get the cap off w/o breaking it (know from experience).

4. Do this when you have some time and daylight, especially now that it gets dark so darn early now.

5. Remember, silicone is your friend when it comes to water repelling (see a trend here? :-)).

Hope this helps you and anyone else overcome their fear of routing wires through the roof.
Old 11-03-2003, 08:19 PM
Contributing Member

Thanks guys!
Espcially rwmorrisonjr, I'll find this thread when I do run the wires to remind myself. One thing I have thought about though is making some sort of plug or something that I could cover up if I ever need/want to take the rack off. I don't know... I'll see how it goes, I'm sure my dad will have some clever ideas. He always does.

Last edited by turboale; 11-03-2003 at 08:22 PM.
Old 11-04-2003, 05:44 AM
Contributing Member

Location: Home: Aurora, CO; Work: The People's Republic of Denver
Cool, glad I could help. Good lukck with the project. Let me know what solution you come up with for a waterproof disconnect for when you want to remove the rack.