Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Need more!

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2003, 11:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need more!

I just put a flowmaster 50 series muffler on and k&n filter charger on my 91 pickup 4x4 3.0, i could tell the differnce but it still needs a little more power. What would a few options to add to get more hp, torque, etc. THanks a lot.
Offels
Old 10-19-2003, 01:41 AM
Banned

3.4 L Not a whole lot of options on the 3.0... Headers will make a good difference if you open up the exhaust some. Not sure about cam options? You would need 2, might also try a jacobs ignition and a chip enhancement. Again, not sure about the last two, but the headers are available.
Old 10-19-2003, 04:03 AM
Contributing Member

Headers is the only thing that really works for the money. Don't even try the jacobs or a chip set. I never had found anyone who really benefitted from that. All complaint about costing money and improving nothing.
Stick with the headers and you can expect some 10-15 hp gain and a much smoother running engine since the OEM crossover-pipe design is probably one of the worst exhaust systems on the market.
Old 10-19-2003, 04:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That Jacob's stuff is a huge waste of money. It does absolutely NOTHING! Headers, manual hubs (if you don't have them already), electric fan, free flowing cat, and an overbored throttle body are about the extent of the bolt on mods.

You can get into ported heads, cams, and all kinds of other exotic internals.

I'm in the same situation - I've done the cat back exhaust, K&N FIPK, electric fan, man. hubs. Next for me is headers and a free flow cat - then the overbored TB. That will be extent of the money being dumped into the 3.0. I will then start saving for a looking for a good deal on a 3.4 (if I go crazy, maybe even the 4.7 ) After doing the above, save your money for a 3.4 swap if the mods don't have enough of an impact.

Might want to think about changing your gearing too...