Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

NC 4Roc members, I need some help

Old 05-10-2005, 06:38 AM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NC 4Roc members, I need some help

Hey guys, I just got a 4:30 locked rear third and I'll be picking up the front 4:30 diff this coming weekend. My question for you guys is, does anybody have the know-how and time and tools to maybe sacrifice a weekend to help me get it all installed? I would be willing work out some kind of payment and I'll even drive to you. I just have no one to help me here in SC and I for sure can't do it on my own. What all is involved is: E-locker retrofit (cutting, grinding, and small touch of welding involved), and replacement of my stock 4:10 front diff with a new toyota 4:30 front diff. Let me know if any of you guys would be willing help, or know anyone that could. Thanks guys! my e-mail is joncooke83@homtail.com or you can PM me here.

Jonathan
Old 05-10-2005, 07:21 AM
Contributing Member

Oh if I only knew how to weld I would certainly help you. Good luck I certainly hope you can find someone to give you a hand with that.
Old 05-10-2005, 08:25 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Stump1883
Oh if I only knew how to weld I would certainly help you. Good luck I certainly hope you can find someone to give you a hand with that.
Oh well, thanks anyway, BUMP
Old 05-10-2005, 08:33 AM

man i would love to help you, i just finished mine the other weekend, but i am going home for the summer tomorrow, back to memphis. The only really hard part is drilling and tapping the four new holes. i can do everything except that. I even have extra housing if you want it so that your car wont be down for a while. just let me know how i can help, trust me it is worth getting done. oh and dont buy the wirring kit i can send you the inchworm parts list and diagram if i still have it, that will make it cheaper.
Old 05-10-2005, 08:42 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by heckler
man i would love to help you, i just finished mine the other weekend, but i am going home for the summer tomorrow, back to memphis. The only really hard part is drilling and tapping the four new holes. i can do everything except that. I even have extra housing if you want it so that your car wont be down for a while. just let me know how i can help, trust me it is worth getting done. oh and dont buy the wirring kit i can send you the inchworm parts list and diagram if i still have it, that will make it cheaper.
How much do you think it would be to ship that housing? that might be a good idea just to have a backup. I was actually gonna go with the inchworm kit for the wiring, but if you have the parts list that would help. PM me and we can work out the details. Thanks a lot.

Also if you have any pics of your install you couls send me that would be great.
Old 05-10-2005, 09:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not meaning to hijack this thread, but where in High Point are you located, Stump1883? I live right inside Davidson County, off of Wallburg High Point Rd. I see a wheeling trip coming on........
Old 05-10-2005, 10:26 AM
Contributing Member

if you come to raleigh i'll help you do the front, retrofitting the elocker to a non-elocked rear axle will be a pain since i cant weld. Why dont you try to get a whole 3rd gen rear end thats already e-locked ?

ive seen the writeup to do the retrofit, it doesnt look hard, you just have to be able to weld some new material on. Im gonna try to look the writeup up again and see.

Last edited by NCSU-4runner; 05-10-2005 at 10:28 AM.
Old 05-10-2005, 10:42 AM
Contributing Member

http://home.off-road.com/~kemanuel/elocker/elocker.html

ok so the welding isnt structural, its just to add more surface area for the gasket. If you really wanted to come up here one weekend and do it i would help and could for sure find someone to lay a weld bead on there. A front end diff install is pretty straightforward if its anything like my 2nd gen front diff was. removing a rear 3rd is even easier, too bad the elocker wont just drop in like my 5.29/ARB i just got last month