Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

My Tjm!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2003, 02:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Tjm!!!!

WHAT THE F*** is THIS SH** ?? I called down to old dominion, and my bumper is down at their shipping center in INDIANAPOLIS. I AM IN WEST LAFAYETTE. I PAID RESEDENTIAL SHIPPING SO IT WOULD COME TO MY APT. what the HE!!???? I am sooo pissed right now. now I have to drive through indianpolis TWICE tomorrow. because I have to go there tomorrow night. (but too late to pick it up tomorrow night)

I paid $ 135 instead of $70 for residential shipping, and I STILL HAVE TO F'IN drive to INDIANAPOLIS to get it. then haul it back here, then BACK down through indy on my way down. WHY DID I HAVE TO PAY RESIDENTIAL THEN?????????? ARRRRRRR I AM SOOOO PISSED!!!!
Old 07-10-2003, 03:04 PM
Contributing Member

Will they not bring it any farther than their shipping center or something?
Old 07-10-2003, 03:07 PM

no they said If I want it here, I will have to pay extra! WHAT HORSE SH** is THAT??
Old 07-10-2003, 03:14 PM
Contributing Member

Whoa!

What does it list on your order, or better yet if you track the ackage online, does it say delivered or in transit? If the web lists your apt as the final destination, I'd raise heck about it. At least get your $65 back for the difference.
Old 07-10-2003, 06:23 PM

Who did you pay for shipping charges?Was it where you bought it?(the TJM) if so call them & complain you want your $ back on shipping & if you paid with credit card tell them you are not going to pay & explain to them what happened.Also did they try to make an attempt to deliver?some trucking companies will make 1 attempt & if your not home your on your own.(some may call & if your not home to set up time, oh well)Call Old Dominian c/s line & ask about their delivery policies.

Last edited by 92 Toyota; 07-10-2003 at 06:29 PM.
Old 07-10-2003, 07:11 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by 92 Toyota
Who did you pay for shipping charges?Was it where you bought it?(the TJM) if so call them & complain you want your $ back on shipping & if you paid with credit card tell them you are not going to pay & explain to them what happened.Also did they try to make an attempt to deliver?some trucking companies will make 1 attempt & if your not home your on your own.(some may call & if your not home to set up time, oh well)Call Old Dominian c/s line & ask about their delivery policies.
It was Mike at Xtreme. I'm sure he can help you and may have more pull there than you would, since he is the guy who uses them frequently. at least, I think he should be able to do something about that. at least it is stateside.
Old 07-10-2003, 08:00 PM
Contributing Member

they have to freight ship a TJM ehh? sucks. i thought it would be just under the ground shipping limits
Old 07-10-2003, 08:14 PM
Contributing Member

Mine was freight shipped by Old Dominion, too. I thought I was going to have to drive to Commerce City and get it. Didn't bother me. I had the time set aside after work to go get it. That morning, my phone rang. It was Old Dominion telling me they had a large bumper for me at the loading dock. I was surprised for two reasons: 1) I expected to drive and get it 2) I didn't know we had a loading dock!

THANKS MIKE!
Old 07-10-2003, 08:45 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by HaveBlue
I was surprised for two reasons: 1) I expected to drive and get it 2) I didn't know we had a loading dock!

haha.....
Old 07-10-2003, 09:45 PM

Originally posted by 92 Toyota

they did not try to deliver it here. the lady said it has been there since wed. She said if I wanted them to deliver it here it would be extra $$.

Now I have to haul balls to get down to Indy tomorrow, then make it back to work, THEN drive home AGAIN. it's really not that bad, just a lot of work when I was EXPECTING, AND PAID for it to be shipped here.

now I am gonna drop $30 in gas to go there and get it, and haul it back here, THEN haul it back home so I can do the install on Sat.

sorry fellas This is just a PITA right now, and it coulda gone a lot smoother.

If the web lists your apt as the final destination
The web does not list it as my final destination, but it SHOULD since I paid 135 to have it delivered to a residential address. 70 was the cost to a commercial address.

Last edited by INsr5runner; 07-10-2003 at 11:06 PM.
Old 07-11-2003, 04:18 AM
Contributing Member

How much extra is old dominion wanting to charge you for residential delivery? If it is not too much just pay it, it would probably be less than the gas, frustration, traffic and anxiety that you now have. I understand you feel cheated, which is something that makes me but it is damage control time and the extra $$ might just be better than driving twice to Indy and dealing with the shipping company. If you pay extra, just make sure they deliver the bumper to your third story apartment. If you live on the first floor, make them take it up three flights of stairs and then remember you live on the first floor!

ps. Is an apartment considered commercial or residential?

Last edited by Sac State; 07-11-2003 at 04:20 AM.
Old 07-11-2003, 05:49 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by INsr5runner
they did not try to deliver it here. the lady said it has been there since wed. She said if I wanted them to deliver it here it would... ...destination, but it SHOULD since I paid 135 to have it delivered to a residential address. 70 was the cost to a commercial address.
Did you talk to Mike yet?
Old 07-11-2003, 05:51 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Sac State
ps. Is an apartment considered commercial or residential?
that's a good question, just have it delivered to the front office of the apt. haha, that is a commercial location isn't it? haha
Old 07-11-2003, 07:22 AM

OK HERE's the deal,

I talked with a guy who knows what he's talking about at ODFL, for about 20 minutes.

I got everything settled. They aer super nice there too. The guy was very very helpful and made me feel not so bad at having my bumper be 60 miles away from me.

It is gonna be delivered to me on monday. :cry:

I guess I just have to wait. *SIGH*

I had class this morning, and I could've gone down to get it now, but I figured I waited 2 months, I can wait 3 more days. (although it doesn't seem like I can!) Also, if I went down now, I would be cutting it REALLY close to when I had to get to work.
And I work at Abercrombie with chicks, whom I really would not want to smell me after moving this thing from indy to here, and not taking a shower.

SO.... I guess calling them back paid off. kinda.
Old 07-11-2003, 07:25 AM
Contributing Member

Yeah, I'd say it worked out for you. If it were me I'd probably rather wait for it till monday rather than driving all over creation to get it. Now go work with your Abercrombie chicks while the rest of us wonder what they look like.
Old 07-11-2003, 07:30 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by INsr5runner
I figured I waited 2 months, I can wait 3 more days. (although it doesn't seem like I can!)
Wait until tomorrow morning when you start thinking about what you could be doing. Sorry, I had to say it.
Old 07-11-2003, 07:32 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by mertztr
Now go work with your Abercrombie chicks while the rest of us wonder what they look like.
Which brings up my next comment, Pics man Pics. But just post a link, I think the mods might get upset if chick-pics started getting posted.
Old 07-11-2003, 07:51 AM

I have a few chick pics, and I will post both shhhh.. I'll just hash them in together so nobody will notice
Old 07-11-2003, 05:52 PM

INsr5Runner,
I'm glad it's going to work out for you.Your lucky you talked with someone who gives a s***.I work for a shipping company & they can be hard to work with at times(especially if the drivers in a bad mood) and yes an apt. office is considerd a commercial delivery(for certain companies not all)Of course try & get some office girl to help the driver unload your bumper.
Old 07-11-2003, 06:13 PM

Yeah, good thing you got it settled.

While reading the thread I was starting to wonder if you paid via Credit Card. If so...it's as simple as disputing the charges, and ordering from somewhere else.

(but of course, it's always best to work it out first...and dispute as a last resort)

Jim

Quick Reply: My Tjm!!!!