Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

missing parts?

Old 01-04-2017, 08:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
missing parts?

yo, so my rig recently was stolen. I got it back in not too bad shape considering the possibilities.

I am wondering if I am missing any electrical control units here, as there are many factory harness wires cut. Not sure if it was perhaps the Code Alarm control box (not working due to electric door lock malfunctions) or perhaps something else.
Just trying to rule out something obvious before I start trying to piece and match the wires back together.

They jacked the front dash and wiring under the steering column and the wiring that runs through the foot kick panel just in front of the door, left of clutch or brake pedal.

Old 01-05-2017, 09:01 PM

Dang, dude. That sucks royally. I could give you a good answer on a 4Runner, but I don't know Tacos. Does it run like that? Do you have 4wd? (That's where the 4wd ECU is on a Runner--plus some major splice connectors.)

At least I'll give you a bump...

Last edited by TheDurk; 01-05-2017 at 09:03 PM.
Old 01-06-2017, 12:21 AM

Received 99 Likes on 86 Posts
Red face

The easy way find someone with the same year and with the same specs as you plus the EWD for your truck .

Two vehicles side by side

One Circuit at a time with Help.way to frustrating to do alone.

When you get to stressed step away for some time.

Best of luck
Old 01-06-2017, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by TheDurk
Dang, dude. That sucks royally. I could give you a good answer on a 4Runner, but I don't know Tacos. Does it run like that? Do you have 4wd? (That's where the 4wd ECU is on a Runner--plus some major splice connectors.)

At least I'll give you a bump...
it does not turn over, nothing when I turn the key but dash lights do light up. I think I should confirm the starter is still on it. Damn! And yes it's 4wd . Going to the pick yard to look for replacement door windows, maybe I get lucky and find one with all the under dash still intact to inspect.

Search this Thread