Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Look what I found! Mike's old 4Runner is for sale.

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2005, 03:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Look what I found! Mike's old 4Runner is for sale.

I was browsing through 4Runner ads last week and ran across a link to a vehicle that I thought looked awfully familiar. Turns out it it Mike's (Xtreme Off-Road) Super Charged 2000 4Runner that he sold last December! Here's a link:

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...dist=66#vdptop

I went up to take a look and would have made the trade if they could have gotten me any where close to a good deal on my 4Runner. The guys at the dealership were very fair and easy to work with. I've dealt with some pricks and some bad dealerships in the past, and these guys were good people. Ask for Larry or Dave. They let me take quite an extended test drive.

The vehicle is still in great shape, but I don't know the history of what it's been through since December. These guys bought it at auction two months ago. The listed mileage in the ad is wrong. Mike sold it with about 66,000 on it, but it currently read 77,000+. Their asking price is also much lower on the internet than the sticker at the lot.

One other note -- the winch is no longer on it. Seems someone drove up late one night, attached their vehicle to the front, and YANKED the whole bumper off the front of the 4Runner. The T15 bumper that is on there is brand new...sans winch and Hellas.

Ed

Last edited by Epic Ed; 05-24-2005 at 03:25 PM.
Old 05-24-2005, 03:31 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So its a no go for you Ed? Shoot. That's crazy about the winch!
Old 05-24-2005, 04:54 PM
Contributing Member

Some History:

I know that it has been rolled and repaired. Not sure the extent of the damage, but I know it's been on it's roof.
Old 05-24-2005, 05:01 PM
Contributing Member

Seems mighty steep for a vehicle w/ a questionable history (Offroad,Rollover,etc).
In my book, its worth maybe 15K?

Not that I'm looking for another 4runner, but....
Old 05-24-2005, 05:17 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Albuquerque Jim
Some History:

I know that it has been rolled and repaired. Not sure the extent of the damage, but I know it's been on it's roof.
I told Ed the same thing Jim. In fact, he got a hold of Mike and Mike told him everything. Ed said he was still interested, but I am not sure where he stands on the deal right now. Last I heard he was going to try and trade in his 2nd gen for it...
Old 05-24-2005, 05:25 PM
Contributing Member

As well as the winch they took the shakle hangers off and that skid is the original rough "prototype" from 2003. Alot changed for the production piece.

It still should have the 4.88's and dual ARB's.
Old 05-24-2005, 08:32 PM

I'm outta the deal totally. They showed me a pretty good value for my current 4Runner, but we were still too far apart on some other terms to make it work. It would be nice if it found a good home, though. I know how much hard work Mike put into it, and it definitely still has the ARB lockers front & rear. All other additions are still with the vehicle, too -- including the hi-lift jack. What? The jackasses stole the bumper couldn't stop to un-screw the bolts that hold on the jack? Morons.

Yeah, I knew about the roll over. I talked with Mike about the quality of the workmanship at the body shop that repair it and he was very satisfied. I looked very closely (I'm no body expert) and I couldn't tell anything had been done at all. The guys at the dealership were completely unaware. One good thing -- it didn't show up on a vehicle history report and his insurance company didn't total it, so it still has a clean title. It was never upside down in water -- that would have been a totally different deal.

Steve, that skid plate is still on it. It's in great shape cosmetically, but the tires will need to be replaced soon. That's about $1000 in rubber right off the bat for anyone considering buying it.

Ed

Last edited by Epic Ed; 05-25-2005 at 06:28 AM.
Old 05-25-2005, 12:02 PM
Contributing Member

WOW, Ed, I am sorry, I was not aware that it went to auction. I hope no one feels as though I tried to mislead you!

That is crazy about the bumper...if someone did in fact hook up to it and pull it off, I would be curious to know that sort of condition the frame rails are in.

Also, sounds like another 10K miles went on the rig, wonder what they did with it?
Old 05-25-2005, 12:24 PM

No! Not at all. I knew you traded it in and unless the dealership you traded it at has similar vehicles, it's a given that they are going to send it to auction. There's just a history gap there between when you sold it in December and when this dealership in Cottonwood bought it in March. Some where in there 11,000 got added to the vehicle. In fact it may have happened in the last two months because their ad listed it as a 66,000 mile vehicle.

It's still in great shape and a beautiful ride. I most certainly would have bought it if they could have worked out better terms for my trade in and financing of the balance. In fact, I'm now convinced that my next vehicle will definitly be a 2000+ 3rd gen 4Runner. It was nice.

As for the roll-over -- all that was up front and you were very candid with me about the particulars.

I hope someone who can really appreciate what has been done to that vehicle ends up buying it. Anyone in the AZ area in the market really ought to take a look.

Ed