95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Lifted 4th Gen w/ sliders, etc. - PICS!

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2004, 02:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lifted 4th Gen w/ sliders, etc. - PICS!

Well, here ya go-

Just follow the link below...

And yes, I do know that my front bumper insert is missing...everything is getting painted out body colored, and I truly mean everything...wheels, silver yota emblems, etc, etc.

Once the blower goes on, I'm gonna have to change my license plate from "4 RUNNA" to "SLVRBLT" or something that will express "SILVER BULLET" the best. Enjoy ya'll...any and all feedback as well as questions are welcome...late.

Billy Pic Link, scroll down to see all the pics...
Old 01-22-2004, 02:37 PM
Contributing Member

Looks sweet!

Psst front bumper insert is missing J/K
Old 01-22-2004, 02:42 PM
Contributing Member

geez, thats one of the nicest 4th gens ive seen..
Old 01-22-2004, 02:43 PM

Looks really nice to me.

Old 01-22-2004, 03:08 PM

Hey, thanks guys...do you think the sliders look alright??? I have just over just over 1/2" between the rear doors and the sliders when the doors are open...that was our limiting factor. They are welded on about 3/8" up from the bottom of the frame...trying to keep them at the most rigid point possible...do you think I should bring em up another 3/8" or just leave em...probably wouldn't be worth the effort in my opinion...let me know though. Again, thanks...let me know if there is any way I can help the rest of ya.

Billy...back to the
Old 01-22-2004, 03:19 PM

4Runner looks great! The sliders really look nice on your rig, are the tailight covers painted?
Old 01-22-2004, 03:53 PM

Thumbs up

That is looking fresh. Good mods. See you got the skid plate moved up . Possibly a better shot of that and from below to see how you have it attached.
Saw "goodtimes" full length skid plate and that with your plate under the radiator, gives max protection for those who's idea of Off-Road is not Nordstrum's parking lot. Pedals go with the plate mod. Maybe some dark tinted tail lights instead??
Think Toyota is watching you, as the Sequoia accessory page now shows a front skid plate. Similar to what you did.
Let us know when you start to design for them.
Gotta change the MOD line so we can keep up with you.
Tom
Old 01-22-2004, 04:18 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by MrTom
Saw "goodtimes" full length skid plate and that with your plate under the radiator, gives max protection for those who's idea of Off-Road is not Nordstrum's parking lot.
Tom you trying to say that those parking blocks are considered offroading when you stomp over em? :pat:

hehehehe

jk...

Billy:

Looks good Now you need some skids like mine and you'll be right there! I'll need to see daystar and revtek on their spacers and decide which one to get... Only if Cornfed had theirs already.
Old 01-22-2004, 04:59 PM
Contributing Member

Re: Lifted 4th Gen w/ sliders, etc. - PICS!

Originally posted by fourunnabilly
Well, here ya go-

Just follow the link below...

And yes, I do know that my front bumper insert is missing...everything is getting painted out body colored, and I truly mean everything...wheels, silver yota emblems, etc, etc.

Once the blower goes on, I'm gonna have to change my license plate from "4 RUNNA" to "SLVRBLT" or something that will express "SILVER BULLET" the best. Enjoy ya'll...any and all feedback as well as questions are welcome...late.

Billy Pic Link, scroll down to see all the pics...

Billy,

All I can say is "Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet" Once you give it some boost, you'll really have a monster.
Old 01-22-2004, 05:57 PM

Dude, fourunnabilly, you're at the MSU campus. I can see you're near the highrises. That's crazy! I thought those buildings looked fimiliar.
Old 01-22-2004, 06:01 PM

looks really awsome I like the sliders I hate those goffy side steps that come stock did you mount the sliders where the stock side steps went??
Old 01-22-2004, 06:09 PM

Billy,
I agree with you, you could probably fidget the location but it wouldn't be worth it. It looks great!

You've been a real pioneer for the 4th gens so it's been really great to see your truck progressing.
Old 01-22-2004, 07:17 PM
Contributing Member

I have to be honest...I haven't really liked the 4th gens since they came out. Yours is growing on me, it looks sweet. I like what you've done with it. And I like the tail light covers too. In fact, I didn't notice them until you pointed them out (I think that's good).

I can't wait to see you wheel it!
Old 01-22-2004, 07:31 PM

Ditto what Jim said
Old 01-22-2004, 07:47 PM
Contributing Member

That is just plain awesome!

Keep it up! I expect you'll be to the 4th gen what WATRD is to the Tacoma
Old 01-22-2004, 07:49 PM
Contributing Member

Derek are you following me???

Yotatech stocker
Old 01-22-2004, 08:19 PM
Contributing Member

Re: Lifted 4th Gen w/ sliders, etc. - PICS!

Originally posted by fourunnabilly
Once the blower goes on, I'm gonna have to change my license plate from "4 RUNNA" to "SLVRBLT" or something that will express "SILVER BULLET" the best.
You should just change it to BillyBadAss. It is looking really good. I can't wait to see the grill when it is finished.
Old 01-22-2004, 08:25 PM

Originally posted by Albuquerque Jim
Derek are you following me???

Yotatech stocker
You know you like it
Old 01-22-2004, 08:26 PM

First of all-

A big thanks to all of you...the kind words make all the modding maddness worth it! I feel as if I am posting too much too often...let me know if this gets absurd, and I'll cut back. The whole intent is just to help the rest of you...that's the reason I am here. I'll do my best to answer all of your questions.

Tom-
Hey, good to hear from ya...been a while. The 33' is nearing completion...pics to you asap. Yeah, I am working on the front skid scenario. Richard at Stubbs Welding made my sliders and did an excellent job...I would recommend him to anyone. I have spoken with him a few times about making me a full under body skid, and we he has a little free time, I think he will...yeah, Lance's (goodtimes) plate is killer. I would love to add some dark tinted replacement lights, but as far as I know, the only ones available right now are JDM selling for $3-400...I'm thinking of adding some nice light aluminum deals and painting them out...we'll see. If you find any taillights, hit me back.That is looking fresh. Good mods. See you got the skid plate moved up.

Lance-
If the downey skid is available, just let me know who I need to talk to. Thanks. Also, 39" on the front of your rig is just plain awesome! I'm gonna have to add another 1/2" spacer to keep up...plus, I would love to be able to get some mud flaps back on that don't rub.

Biff-
Getting closer to the blower every day...just gotta come up with the $$...I am designing a mount for my intercooler directly under the scoop, and after I mod my grill (next week) I will put up pics on how to make an extremely functional ram air system...I'm thinking of a spearco for the intercooler...anyone have suggestions.

oly884-

Yep, south hedges bro...one more semester here...will finish my masters of arch in may, and then off to cali for a second masters in auto design this fall...may I can meet up with you boys out there sooner or later.

lunatic14r-
Thanks. Yeah, I yanked the stock running boards, and then welded the sliders up about 1/2" from the bottom of the frame...had to leave room to clear the rear door when open...would have liked them a little tighter to the body, but after speaking with Lance about my mounting position, he is mounted almost exactly how I am.

First Toy-
Yeah, after speaking with Lance, the sliders are going to remain exactly where they are. Plus I am adding a little more lift, so I need something to help the women in. I appreciate your comments...you all have been a ton of help for me.

Jim-
After the skids arrive, and the suspension is finalized, she is going to get beat to hell...lol...or at least really caked with mud. I'm kinda torn on the tailight covers...a couple of my friends didn't even notice them (like you), and I do like that idea...they are slightly off in color, so I may play around with them a little more...we'll see.

cruizin01-
Thanks as well.

I think that takes care of it. Here is some more info, etc. Just about everything on the vehicle is going to get painted out galactic grey...wheels, front and rear bumper inserts, etc. The front door tinting is going from 20 to 10. I have a pretty interesting and cheap idea about a custom grill...should be done late next week. I'm adding about 1 more inch of lift to both the front and rear...then new airbags into the back for pulling my trailer, etc. My bad on the pics I posted today, I gave her a bath and found a better angle, etc...night and day difference...again, those will be up next week as well. I have to shoot pics for Richard @ Stubbs Welding, Truckin Mag, and one other custom truck / suv mag within the next two weeks. They mags do not want to do a story until the blower is on, and the majority of mods are complete. Gadget's kit is going on, as well as a pulley, the custom ram air I mentioned, and the intercooler...looking to run about 11 lbs boost. Both mags mentioned may/june issues, so that should be perfect timing. If there is anyway that this publicty can help yotatech, just let me know. I am not going to let them print my name or photo in the article, as that just isn't my style, but if I can help this forum, as it has helped me, just point me in the right direction. I think that is about it. I will have a ton of new pics and info by the end of next week. I gotta get cranking on my arch thesis right now (due mon), but after that, the mods will continue...I'll get on here when I get another break from the schoolwork. Again, thanks a ton guys...later.

Billy
Old 01-22-2004, 08:32 PM

Hey Momo-

I shot you a reply to your email...hit me back at kegger187@yahoo.com, as that is my active address here on the campus network. I wish your mom well.

BLYBDAS...lol...state of WA only allows 7 letters/numbers, and I am not sure how to make a name that long work on a plate...I suppose I could pay extra and line up 2 plates side by side. Once all the engine tuning is done...I am gonna get rid of "4 RUNNA" and try something new...I was thinking "1320N12"...we'll see bout that one...take care.

Billy

Quick Reply: Lifted 4th Gen w/ sliders, etc. - PICS!