Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Let the wailing and gnashing of teeth begin...

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2005, 10:53 AM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Let the wailing and gnashing of teeth begin...

Last night about 930 on Davis Blvd I was driving about 55mph when two cars racing or something pulled out into me without looking or anything...This sent me broadside into oncoming traffic where I was T-boned by another car going about 55 mph...My 4runner flipped on its roof and is now totalled...DONE...I immedietly crawled out and started yelling about the two cars who caused it and took off. Luckily, there were several witnesses who saw what happened and could vouch for me. I was taken to Baylor and released last nite...I am very lucky and have no permanent injuries...I have a HUGE swollen eye and Im very sore but no broken bones or internal injuries...Very Lucky...On the way back from the hospital I saw the accident investigator and talked to him about it- he said they caught one of the other cars and that he was in jail...Im so mad that someting so careless as this caused this horrible deal...The people who T-boned me had to be careflighted, but were in stable condition from what i was told...Guess its just web wheelin for me for a while..
Old 08-04-2005, 10:55 AM
Contributing Member

Rigs can be replaced, you cant. Glad you are still with us. Any news on the two morons that were racing? Did anyone go after them or anything?
Old 08-04-2005, 10:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Glad to hear you are ok, and the others as well. We say it so many times on this board that rigs can be replaced but the person driving it is so much more important.
Old 08-04-2005, 11:00 AM
Contributing Member

I guess someone must have followed them and recorded their license plate number because they just kept driving...so thankful that someone did that for me...I have new faith in the goodness of people because of the help of stangers last night as well as my friends and family who came to see me last to make me feel better...Last night i was in pain but i was more traumatized about my truck...now that the morning has come, my priorites have come full circle..
Old 08-04-2005, 11:01 AM
Contributing Member

Good to hear you are ok and there were no serious injuries and/or deaths. Those 2 morons should be jailed and their licenses revoked! If stricter punishments were practiced with driving violations, these kind of accidents wouldn't happen as much.
Old 08-04-2005, 11:04 AM
Banned

glad to hear you are alive... minor injuries still suck, but are better than worse injuries or death.....

ANOTHER PRIME EXAMPLE OF WHY I HATE WHEN SOMEONE POSTS ON HERE I RACED SOMETHING TONIGHT AND WON OR LOST, I AM SOOOO COOL

it isn't the racing i am against, racing is fine, on a track or the dragstrip.. where such events are legal and sanctioned... not on the street where innocent bystanders can be hurt or killed....
Old 08-04-2005, 11:07 AM
Contributing Member

As everyone else said, I'm glad to hear that you're okay!
It's funny that right when you begin to lose hope in humanity some random stranger will come out and re-establish that faith. LAPD a while ago started a program where they confiscate vehicles of racers and then destroy them. Chief Bill Bratton was interviewed about it when the first 2 came in (both Vettes) and said something along the lines of, there will be no leniency and we will destroy these vehicles to show everyone we're serious. I want these 2 idiots to be present when we crush these things too.

It's a shame that you and the other people were involved in this accident and I think it'd be fitting to see those vehicles crushed in front of their owners... at the very least!
Old 08-04-2005, 11:17 AM

What did you hit your eye with?
Old 08-04-2005, 11:25 AM
Contributing Member

Man, that is scary. Glad to hear that you are ok. Make sure you see a doctor about any little injury you may have. I'm guessing the hospital took xrays, mri's, and cat scans? You want to ensure everything is documneted in case you have any lingering injuries.
Old 08-04-2005, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by Tacoma Dude
LAPD a while ago started a program where they confiscate vehicles of racers and then destroy them.
Be careful what you wish for... the "racing" statute in Georgia is so broadly written that anyone simply passing another car could be guilty of "racing" if an officer doesn't like the looks of you. It happened to a friend of mine a few years back (speeding, yes, but he definitely wasn't doing what an ordinary person would even start to call racing) - the huge fine stung for a while, but it would have been terribly unfair to confiscate his car.
Old 08-04-2005, 11:40 AM
Contributing Member

I really have no idea what my my eye/cheek hit but I think that it is feasible that it was the top of the door or the B pillar because I have my chair back pretty far. The hospital did all the xrays and catscan to check for broken bones and bleeding behind the eye and it all turned out good. The said I had a small amount of blood in my urine, so i need to go see a doctor friday to recheck that. The documentation of everything began on the gurney of the ambulance and still continues... My back near my right kidney and my lower ribs is very sore, the inside of my left leg near my groin is very stiff and sore...I have some glass cuts and my black eye but everything is quite healable and non scarring....i miss my truck... i just spent 2 hours yesterday washing it and had it limo tinted a few days ago...good thing i didnt spring for those new revos just yet..lol
Old 08-04-2005, 11:53 AM

Man, glad to hear that you are OK. Hope that the other person is ok as well. I'm sure you'll be able to build a new rig with the nice settlement you get from that idiots insurance company. Get better soon.
Old 08-04-2005, 12:06 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
msw,

glad to hear you are ok. you can buy another 4runner. in fact, its actually nicer to start all over. i can personally vouch for that!

and i'm glad that the people/drivers who witnessed it caught the douche bags. don't be lenient: find a cut throat, aggressive lawyer and sue those bitches for everything they've got. they could've killed you and it looks like they almost killed some other people.

bob
Old 08-04-2005, 12:06 PM

Btw, do 96+ have belt tensioners?
Old 08-04-2005, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by jimabena74

ANOTHER PRIME EXAMPLE OF WHY I HATE WHEN SOMEONE POSTS ON HERE I RACED SOMETHING TONIGHT AND WON OR LOST, I AM SOOOO COOL

it isn't the racing i am against, racing is fine, on a track or the dragstrip.. where such events are legal and sanctioned... not on the street where innocent bystanders can be hurt or killed....
Exactly. I'm not a conservative driver by any means, but it's the knuckle-headed punks who log on a brag about "dude got OWN3D!" who contribute to these type of needless incidents.

I'm very sorry about your rig. And very grateful you're still functioning on all cylinders.

Ed
Old 08-04-2005, 12:19 PM

Glad to hear you're okay...I've seen enough innocent people die or get seriously injured from someone else's stupidity. I just don't get Street Racing - there are so many uncontrollable situations, like other cars on the road. It bugs me when I tell someone that it was dumb for street racing and he says, "but you don't understand...we were at a light and he revved on me."

You know, a guy revved on me once when I was with my girlfriend, and I just let him go. Funny thing about that night...when we got home, my wee-wee hadn't shrunk a bit, so I really wasn't less of a man for not racing! Imagine that!

Street racing doesn't only affect those in the race, as you are well aware.
If I may share this with you, something I wrote after a few deaths local to me.

She Cries a Little More...
He just can't get enough, next week will be the same,
He always gets a late night call, but he never says a name.
So she lies awake at midnight, like she does most every week,
Her son is heading out again, tears are rolling down her cheek.

She knows just where he's going, but she lies there very still.
She's asked him to stay home before, but she knows he never will.
She hears his car keys rattle, as he heads out through the door,
She softly says, "I love you son", and then she cries a little more.

She never spoke about his dad, and wonders if she should.
He used to be a racer too, they all said that he was good.
One night he had a challenge, from this kid from out of town,
Supercharged with nitrous, he just couldn't turn it down.

So they went up to old Firehouse, and they lined up in the street.
Engines revved and they all knew, this was a race of the elite.
As the flagman dropped his hands, tires spun, they left the line,
Down the road they were neck and neck, you could hear the blowers whine.

But somewhere in the distance, before the lights could disappear,
They heard a crash and saw the flames, street racing's biggest fear.
When the doorbell rang at 3 a.m., life would change forever more,
For a pregnant woman home alone, as she opened up the door.

He said, "I'm sorry ma'am...", and she knew that he was gone.
She rushed out through the doorway, and fell crying on the lawn.
It's been so many years, since she's ever felt so sad,
And now her son, at seventeen, is becoming like his Dad.

She just can't pray enough, that his life won't be the same.
She fears she'll get a late night call, from a cop without a name.
So she’s lied awake since midnight, like she does most every week,
His car is coming down the street, tears are rolling down her cheek.

She knows just where he's been, and she lies there very still.
She always wonders if he'll come home, and now she knows tonight he will.
She hears his car keys rattle, as he walks in through the door,
She softly says, "I love you son"...and then she cries a little more.
Old 08-04-2005, 12:27 PM
Contributing Member

good to hear that your ok...our 4runnres are a safe vehicle..even the old first gens like mine.

you know, i get criticized all the time by fellow teenagers for driving conservativly (spelling i know)

well ive been driving for a year now..no accidents yet.. out of almost all of the people in my class im the only one who hasn't wrecked yet
Old 08-04-2005, 12:32 PM

i am sooooo glad my parents didn't have enough money to buy me a fast car when i was a kid (not that they would have even if they did)...

i'm sure i'd be dead.

heck, i almost killed myself in my parents' dodge omni several times.
Old 08-04-2005, 12:52 PM
Contributing Member

best wishes from north of the 49th! glad to hear you are on the mend and have documented your injuries. i second the suggestion of hiring a legal raptor to go after those fools. maybe, when this goes to court, you could present your victim impact statement to suggest these individuals spend at least one year going to crashes, hospital emergency rooms and funerals and assisting the true champions of their profession.

ive been there, had the wicked sports car and got away with hitting a pole. my buddy was taken to the hospital as a result of my foolishness. nothing serious, none the less, i learned a very valuable lesson that night. fight the good fight.

lee
Old 08-04-2005, 12:54 PM
Contributing Member

Wow you guys are awesome thank you for your support...i remember riding in the ambulance thinking "wait till i post this on yotatech..."

Im not sure if they were racing or even "street racing" cars, but they pulled out together with one about a foot off of the rear bumper of the other... it was obvious they were together and probably teenagers, the first car looked like something along the lines of a ford contour.... after some things cool down and the report is complete and my lawyer says its ok, i will post some pictures of the carnage...
the car that hit me was a honda accord, i think and it looks like she first made contact right at the seam of the front quarter panel and the passenger door...in a few minutes im gonna go see it and try to get my stereo equipment and whatever else...im still missing my left birkenstock...lol

Quick Reply: Let the wailing and gnashing of teeth begin...