Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

LC Engineering?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2004, 12:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LC Engineering?

Hey everybody, I just joined today. Interested in all Toy 4x4's.

Has anybody ever heard of or used LC Engineering. They sell Toyota crate engines at an awesome price, but I don't know if you need to be affiliated with a team or company, etc.

Input?
Old 12-20-2004, 12:55 PM

I know people that have bought from them..........they aren't with a team.
Old 12-20-2004, 01:05 PM
Contributing Member

I got my 22RE headers (yet to be installed) from them. I hear many many good things about those guys and their customer service has been pretty decent with me so far.
Old 12-20-2004, 02:11 PM

Thanks for the info guys
Old 12-20-2004, 10:14 PM

I've run there header and clutch kit w/ flywheel on my tacoma for 2 years now. Liking it so far
Old 12-21-2004, 12:50 AM
Banned

lc engineering is a great company.. tons of cool stuff
Old 12-21-2004, 08:28 AM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have had their street performer head and ceramic header on mine for almost 6 years. Great products!
Old 12-21-2004, 08:59 AM
Contributing Member

They are great, also try TCR.
Old 12-21-2004, 09:17 AM

Post Lce

I am in the proses of building a motor with primarily LCE parts. I through a rod in my old motor and destroyed most everything including two bent valves, all lower end timing chain and assorted others. So I had to start from scratch and decided to get a block and rotating kit with full gasket kit from them. They are a little over priced but the peace of mind that they are primarily 22r performance oriented is good. There service has been ok and their products look sweet. The crank and rods are numbered and balanced the only thing that I have to complain about is that they forgot to send me new piston rings with the kit and the main bearings didn’t fit the block because it is an 81 block and the bearings they sent fit 82-95. They charged me 15$ to ship the rings to me and I think that they should have picked that up because they were the ones to forget them. Otherwise I think they are sweet and will do a right up on how everything goes together and how I feel about their products and try to get pics. There is little info on how there motors run and others commentary about their products.
Old 12-21-2004, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by neil_P_smith
I am in the proses of building a motor with primarily LCE parts. I through a rod in my old motor and destroyed most everything including two bent valves, all lower end timing chain and assorted others. So I had to start from scratch and decided to get a block and rotating kit with full gasket kit from them. They are a little over priced but the peace of mind that they are primarily 22r performance oriented is good. There service has been ok and their products look sweet. The crank and rods are numbered and balanced the only thing that I have to complain about is that they forgot to send me new piston rings with the kit and the main bearings didn’t fit the block because it is an 81 block and the bearings they sent fit 82-95. They charged me 15$ to ship the rings to me and I think that they should have picked that up because they were the ones to forget them. Otherwise I think they are sweet and will do a right up on how everything goes together and how I feel about their products and try to get pics. There is little info on how there motors run and others commentary about their products.

Thanks much.
What are you buliding?
Old 12-21-2004, 11:07 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by seaflea
I have had their street performer head and ceramic header on mine for almost 6 years. Great products!
Hey Will,

I forget - were you the one that doubled up on the seals?
Old 12-21-2004, 04:07 PM

Post LCE motor

The motor I am building is a 22r with a 20r head on it. I got a block board 30 over and crank and rods balanced to match. The rotating kit came with most everything needed. I have to use the timing chain cover from a 20r and the oil pump gear. But it comes with new water pump, oil pump, and dual row timing chain. I got an adapter to use the 22r carburetor on the 20r intake and head. I plan on using the 261 cam from engnbldr.com we will see how it works but it should be good. I opted to build the motor myself so I know it is done to my liking and I feel like I am confident in what I am doing.
Old 12-21-2004, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by MudPuppy4x4
Hey everybody, I just joined today. Interested in all Toy 4x4's.

Has anybody ever heard of or used LC Engineering. They sell Toyota crate engines at an awesome price, but I don't know if you need to be affiliated with a team or company, etc.

Input?
Ive spent a ton with them and there stuff is excellent as is there customer service and tech support.
see my sig
Old 12-21-2004, 09:20 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
they're pricey, but good
Old 12-23-2004, 08:59 AM

I have bought the LC Cam gear,Headers,EFI Pro Tuning Module,Connecting Rods with ARP studs,Rocker Assembly,and Red Valve Cover.Everything is running really fine together with the Engnbldr RV Cam,Pistons and Rebuilt kit.Only buy what you need to build the engine right.
Old 12-23-2004, 09:59 PM

yep, now that i'm most of the way through building my engine i definitely know what to do and what not to do next time. the way it's working out for me:

i think i'm probably in $2000 on my motor at least, since i started out on the wrong foot. i bought a motor from a celica with an auto tranny, so i had to buy the flywheel etc, and all kinds of nickel and dime parts since i'm doing a tranny swap at the same time

if i just wanted the basics, i could probably build another one for under $1000.
Old 12-26-2004, 05:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Whatever you do, don't deal with DOA Racing.

How stupid could I be? Getting a high performance engine from a company named Dead On Arrivial.

Pretty much tells the story.
Old 12-27-2004, 01:29 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by MonsterMaxx
Whatever you do, don't deal with DOA Racing.

How stupid could I be? Getting a high performance engine from a company named Dead On Arrivial.

Pretty much tells the story.

Wait... are you joking or did you actually have a problem with them? Not that I've bought anything from them but it would be good to know for future reference.
Old 12-27-2004, 02:01 PM

there was somebody a while back who came here(and pretty much every toyota forum) to bash DOA...didn't seem very credible though
Old 12-27-2004, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by Tacoma Dude
Wait... are you joking or did you actually have a problem with them? Not that I've bought anything from them but it would be good to know for future reference.
To jump in here, although everybody has their own experience, in the past I have talked with a couple Toyota people here in town including the owner of a very well known business and these two individuals have said hands down to NOT deal with DOA. One received a very defective motor (rings broke and blew apart cylinders/walls) and the other tore down a "new" and poorly performing motor for a buddy that had purchased a DOA motor for his offroad race truck and discovered that basically the only thing new on the motor was the paint on the engine block.
How DOA does things now I have no clue, but I have to go by what I get told and considering how much $$ you wind up with in these motors, who can afford to be wrong!

Quick Reply: LC Engineering?