Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Just my thoughts on my new ride

Old 03-24-2013, 06:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just my thoughts on my new ride

Well I've been driving my 02 runner for 2weeks now after I replaced the motor(3.4) this is my second auto tranny. Still looking for the clutch pedal now and then. The motor runs super smooth and is pretty quite. Feels like a nice solid and safe vehicle. Mpg sucks terrible tho 8-10 combined driving like a granny really sucks my old frontier got 18 but it was a 6 speed(mis it) all in all tho I enjoy this ride should make a nice family ride after I figure out what's eating the gas and add a 3" lift. Gonna try getting the wife into some mild off-road so we can spend more time together know a few guys with jeeps that go out every weekend mostly just mild (mud, washouts, hills, ditches that kinda stuff no rocks)
Old 03-24-2013, 09:31 AM

A basic tune up should bump you're mileage.

New air filter, fuel filter, plugs, wires, and oxygen sensors will definately help.
Old 03-24-2013, 10:41 AM

Ya only thing I have left to do outta that is o2 sensors and muffler plugs and wires,were all done 3k ago knew the guy I got the runner from. I figured I just got a motor that gets the crappy milage lol kinda how my luck usually goes ha ha
Old 03-24-2013, 11:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by crazypaint
Ya only thing I have left to do outta that is o2 sensors and muffler plugs and wires,were all done 3k ago knew the guy I got the runner from. I figured I just got a motor that gets the crappy milage lol kinda how my luck usually goes ha ha
Why do you sound like a 11 yr old girl text messaging? Or is this the new Yotatech?
Old 03-24-2013, 11:24 AM

if it bugs ya that much I don't mind keeping to myself ill find another yota site. i was simply putting what i thought about my 4runner.
Old 03-24-2013, 06:01 PM
Contributing Member

Don't pay attention to the rude comment by DailyDrive. You're welcome here and will find a lot of cool people and loads of information about the 3rd generation 4Runner.

If someone doesn't like the way you've worded your post, they have the option to close the window and move along. Why someone would waste the time to make a rude comment, rather than just moving along, is beyond me.

I'd second niall on the basic tuneup. That's really low gas mileage, even for being in traffic/around town.

Have fun with your new rig!
Old 03-24-2013, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by 98SR54RUNNER
If someone doesn't like the way you've worded your post, they have the option to close the window and move along. Why someone would waste the time to make a rude comment, rather than just moving along, is beyond me.
I tried reading the post, and even after discounting for terrible spelling, grammer and punctuation, I still could not understand anything. And I have a graduate degree, and nobody ever questioned my ability to comprehend things.

It's just common courtesy, when writing on a public forum, to write in a legible and understanble way.
Old 03-24-2013, 06:37 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by DailyDrive
I tried reading the post, and even after discounting for terrible spelling, grammer and punctuation, I still could not understand anything. And I have a graduate degree, and nobody ever questioned my ability to comprehend things.

It's just common courtesy, when writing on a public forum, to write in a legible and understanble way.
Grammar.

But yeah, Why people don't take the time to at least TRY to write properly is beyond me.
Old 03-24-2013, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by DailyDrive

It's common courtesy to be welcoming and helpful, Not insulting and trollish. No one cares about your degree. No one else is having too much trouble understanding his post, regardless of grammatical errors. It's an online forum, not an essay.
Old 03-24-2013, 08:07 PM

While I tend to agree the deterioration of the English language, as a result of the internet, is absolutely appalling, and truly appreciate the effort of those who put in an effort, this poor guy's thread is not the place.

You didn't get a bad motor bud, honestly, get those o2s changed out, and I bet you'll see an instantanious increase in mileage.

If you do get to doing your exhaust, and oxygen sensors, pull you're battery cable while you do the work, or have it done. It lets the ECU reset itself as soon as you reconnect the battery, and resets the fuel maps to factory (as opposed to the corrected maps it was running as a result of false o2 readings).

Last edited by niall; 03-24-2013 at 08:07 PM. Reason: (Forgot a period)