Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Just for kicks....pics!

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2003, 09:10 PM
J

Just for kicks....pics!

Some of you may remember me posting about buying wheels a few weeks back. Well, i decided against used wheels and just went all out.

I do not have pictures of the new wheels yet, they're going on tomorrow. What i have below is two pics of my current setup (newly washed), and a third is a photochopped version of my truck with what the wheels SHOULD look like.

They are American Racing Atlas 160's if anyone is interested.
I got Polished Alloy... The ones in the picture are a little shinier than the actual ones will be.... polished alloy isn't quite THAT blinding!

Sears agreed to honor and BEAT internet price!!! I got the wheels for $89 a piece! They should have been $140 from Sears... They also threw in the lug nuts and caps for FREE because that's what the internet deal specified! (That was $35 normally). On top of all this, because i had lifetime balance of my tires (bought from Sears) they're only charging $5/wheel to mount/balance the new wheels.

Unbelievable!!!

Anyway, it was a great deal, so check out the preview. I'll post pics of the REAL results when i have them. (and when the weather improves)

http://www.cromes.net/junk/runner1.jpg
http://www.cromes.net/junk/runner2.jpg
http://www.cromes.net/junk/runner3.jpg

Jason

Last edited by J; 06-17-2003 at 09:13 PM.
Old 06-17-2003, 09:14 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Those are nice looking rims.
What website did you find those on for $89? Did you take a print-out to Sears so they would beat it. I would like to try that here.

Thanks!
Old 06-17-2003, 09:19 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how much do you want for the old rims? they look sweet, and i actually like them better. hey, your gain is my gain
Old 06-17-2003, 09:59 PM
J

Originally posted by HaveBlue
Those are nice looking rims.
What website did you find those on for $89? Did you take a print-out to Sears so they would beat it. I would like to try that here.

Thanks!
Yeah, I went into Sears one day and was asking about their wheels. I asked if they ever had them go on sale, and the guy told me, "yeah, but not very often". He then mentioned that they will match any price I can find. So I asked if that applies to internet orders too, expecting him to say No.

He said that was fine, but he would have to include the price of shipping in the total. NO PROBLEM, i said!

Here is the site:
www.wheelsforless.com

So, i found the wheels, and took the printout in the next day and he honored it! Awesome!

I think i forgot to mention shipping in my initial post. Shipping is $55 from that site above. So he took that all into account (including the fact that wheelsforless.com includes lugs and caps for free) and i am happy with the outcome.

Jason
Old 06-17-2003, 10:04 PM
J

Originally posted by L33T35T 4Runner
how much do you want for the old rims? they look sweet, and i actually like them better. hey, your gain is my gain
You should have mail!