Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

If you want the whitest headlights

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2003, 08:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you want the whitest headlights

Well this is a never-ending topic, but I think I've found the whitest and brightest ones out there. If ya don't want to do the full H.I.D. conversion kit, these are the best ones I've found. They're on eBay at this link: CLICK HERE. Made by Motion R with a 6000K color temperature rating. The reason I think these are the best is because their low-beam wattage is 90w instead of 80w like all the other ones. High-beam wattage is still 100w. The higher the color temperature the less lumens you have, but the extra 10w on the lowbeams makes up for that. They have the blue film on them too; that's what gives them the 6000K rating and the bluish tint. They do beat the PIAA ones (tried those too) I would say. I've had a pair in my 4Runner for a year now and the passenger side low-beam just went out. The high-beams work and the low-beam on the driver's side but I'm due for another set. That's good though for longevity I think. The blue ones aren't supposed to last as long, but a year is pretty good. I probably shortened their life taking them in and out all the time though. They have a 1 month warranty if you get a defective set. Seriously if you're gonna pay $50-$60 and want the whitest and brightest ones, I think these are your best shot. OK, enough with sounding like a sales rep, here's a shot of them on my 4Runner.

**EDIT: I don't sell these, only passing on what I've found.**

**EDIT: More photos attached below in other posts.**

**EDIT: THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT!!! AFTER HAVING NO TROUBLE WITH THE MOTIONR BULBS FOR A YEAR, NOW ANY 90/100W H4 BULB WILL NOT WORK IN MY HEADLIGHTS!!! THE 80/100W BULBS WILL STILL WORK, BUT THE ONES WITH THE 90W LOW BEAMS WILL NOT! DO NOT GET THESE!!! I AM RENOUNCING MY ORIGINAL CLAIM, THEY WILL MESS UP YOUR WIRING, ONLY IT WILL TAKE ABOUT A YEAR.**

Zach
Attached Thumbnails If you want the whitest headlights-headlights.jpg  

Last edited by White SR5; 09-12-2003 at 02:47 PM.
Old 08-09-2003, 08:18 PM
Contributing Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
LOL....how about a night shot?
Old 08-09-2003, 08:20 PM

mmmk

Mmmk, gonna get some more shots. Will have to take a comparison shot too. Gonna post 'em in a bit gotta go take them.

Zach
Old 08-09-2003, 08:21 PM

I second that!
Old 08-09-2003, 08:21 PM
Contributing Member

I was just thinking about getting some PIAA Superwhites...but I just read your post and now I am thinking otherwise.

I don't want anything blindingly strong, I just want a good clean white light...brightness isn't a big deal as long as the high beams stay at 100w.

Would you consider these WHITER than the PIAA's or just brighter?

Thanks White!

Old 08-09-2003, 08:22 PM

Are you trying to boost your personal sales!! Man you almost had us going too!

Chris
Old 08-09-2003, 08:50 PM

More Shots

More shots as requested. At night too. I put the stock one back in to show the comparison. No I don't sell these... the f360power guy on eBay does. To answer the question though... yes they are brighter than the PIAA's. I wouldn't say much whiter, a bit more blue though.

Zach
Attached Thumbnails If you want the whitest headlights-comparison1.jpg  

Last edited by White SR5; 08-09-2003 at 09:26 PM.
Old 08-09-2003, 08:53 PM

Another

Here's another one. Yeah blindingly strong I guess is right.

Zach
Attached Thumbnails If you want the whitest headlights-comparison2.jpg  

Last edited by White SR5; 08-09-2003 at 09:02 PM.
Old 08-10-2003, 05:58 AM

Interesting! Do you have a PIAA bulb to compare it too? That would be the true test, I think. Or maybe a Silverstar?

Chris
Old 08-10-2003, 06:07 AM

Here's their web site too: http://www.dreamtrade.com/motionr/index.htm

They look pretty good to me, but I wonder how they would look against the PIAAs and Silverstars, which seem to be the brightest that I've heard about.

Chris
Old 08-10-2003, 06:29 AM
Contributing Member

Arent you worried about blinding people at night? It looks like you have your brights on all the time. That would worry me cuz police pull over people who keep their brights on all the time.
Old 08-10-2003, 07:00 AM

Originally posted by ravencr
Interesting! Do you have a PIAA bulb to compare it too? That would be the true test, I think. Or maybe a Silverstar?

Chris
Man I wish I did have one to compare it to. You're right, that would be the true test. I sold those after I got these though. I thought these were definately brighter and a tiny bit whiter with more blue in them. Worst-case scenario would be that they would have the same color/whiteness, but I'm pretty sure these would still be brighter with the additional 10w in the low beam.

Zach
Old 08-10-2003, 07:05 AM

Camera

Originally posted by sabre
Arent you worried about blinding people at night? It looks like you have your brights on all the time. That would worry me cuz police pull over people who keep their brights on all the time.
Well that one pic that it looks a ton brighter in has a lot of camera glare, but sometimes I do have people flash their brights at me. It could be even worse for the other driver because of the lift, but I adjusted them so they point down more, so I think, that should do it. Never been pulled by police before for them. Honestly they just look like the ones you'd see in like a Lexus, they're no brighter than those.

Zach
Old 08-10-2003, 07:06 AM

So these are high and low beams right? Any way we could see both in a picture in the dark, both a shot of the high beam and a shot of the low beam compared to stock? Thanks, and they look promising to me. I wonder how long they'll last.

Chris
Old 08-10-2003, 07:07 AM

I think the brightest light possibl is that way to go, and then all you have to do is angle them correctly, and we shouldn't have any trouble with the cops or anyone flashing us.

Chris
Old 08-10-2003, 08:37 AM
Contributing Member

Bob,

Great pictures. I have the silverstars, which I still haven't gotten around to adjusting after the lift. I'm definitely going to consider these after the 'stars burn out.
Old 08-10-2003, 10:12 AM
Contributing Member

I'm worried about the brightness of them, its GREAT for me but the cops around here seem to be VERY touchy about the brightness of your lights. I mean, it's Arkansas, not like that much really happens around here!!!!

I too would be interested in seeing the difference between the PIAA's and these.

These have definately just made their way onto my list of possible bulbs! Good sales pitch man! JK

Old 08-10-2003, 10:16 AM

Who's Bob?

Originally posted by Mad Chemist
Bob,

Great pictures. I have the silverstars, which I still haven't gotten around to adjusting after the lift. I'm definitely going to consider these after the 'stars burn out.
Hehe, who's Bob?
I'm Zach! :cry: No biggie, just had to point that out hehe.

Zach

Last edited by White SR5; 08-10-2003 at 10:17 AM.
Old 09-11-2003, 08:12 PM

Hey Zach,

Did you ever buy these bulbs and try them out? I'm looking to get the Hella 550's and would like to replace the stock bulb with the brightest thing I can find. If these are indeed the brightest bulbs, I want them too.

How are they working out for you? Did you do some good comparisons to other makes like PIAA, by any chance?

Chris
Old 09-11-2003, 08:18 PM
Contributing Member

Re: If you want the whitest headlights

Originally posted by White SR5
Made by Motion R with a 6000K color temperature rating. The reason I think these are the best is because their low-beam wattage is 90w instead of 80w like all the other ones. High-beam wattage is still 100w. The higher the color temperature the less lumens you have, but the extra 10w on the lowbeams makes up for that. They have the blue film on them too; that's what gives them the 6000K rating and the bluish tint. They do beat the PIAA ones (tried those too) I would say.
**EDIT: I don't sell these, only passing on what I've found.**

**EDIT: More photos attached below in other posts.**

Zach
I'm just curious...is the 90W/100W claim the equivalent power or is that the actual draw? I could understand if they said "They are equivalent to a 90W bulb" but if they actually draw 90W, you could be asking for trouble. Also, don't most HID kits draw only 35W. I think that's why they last longer.
Also, any "film" on the bulb housing could actually impede the light performance. The blue appearance in HID is relative to the xenon arc composition, if I remember correctly.

Just curios

Quick Reply: If you want the whitest headlights