Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

I need serious help...About to go to car..

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2004, 05:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I need serious help...About to go to car..

You guys know how it is. Im young and want to go fast. I was thinking, do girls like lifted trucks? Or do they like cars more. I know i know...get what you like, but chix are important. So i need some help, why shoudl i stay lifted, not lowerd. Please smack some sence into me
Old 12-02-2004, 05:12 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ur obviously younger, so, faster car ur guna kill urself or someone else, smaller car u get hit by a lifted truck ur guna die, im pretty sure girls care more about whose in the car then the car (unless their shallow), just find a new colone or a new hair style or something
Old 12-02-2004, 05:20 PM

Click this link

Then ask yourself if you can do that in a camaro!

But really it just depends on what you think you would enjoy more. Going fast is fun as long as you have the money to pay for the higher ins prems, speeding tickets and tire replacement from burnouts. Or you could stay ahead of the game and keep your taco.
Old 12-02-2004, 05:25 PM

Rent a fast car and see if it gets you more chix
Old 12-02-2004, 05:26 PM
Contributing Member

just curious to what u wanted to get because ive been thinking of getting a car too... but still keeping the runner

Last edited by Chapman88SR5; 12-02-2004 at 05:31 PM.
Old 12-02-2004, 06:46 PM

Porsche... there is no substitute.
Old 12-02-2004, 06:52 PM

dude, get a huge old car like a 64 caddy, or a bonneville, or a 67 fairlane like mine. chicks dig old cars, plus you can have 2 bench seats and a huge trunk...lol girlies galore buddy. plus a huge motor, bad gas mileage, and everybody wanting to be you. but my car needs lots of work, and im married. so live the life while you can
Old 12-02-2004, 06:55 PM

Better to go with a higher lifted vehicle. You know them ladies in mini-skirts are gonna need a boost up from behind

Last edited by Jboy; 12-02-2004 at 07:06 PM.
Old 12-02-2004, 07:00 PM
Contributing Member

keep the truck and get a motorcycle
Old 12-02-2004, 07:56 PM

i second the keep the truck and get a motorcycle. thats my plan for once i have enough money. you got the truck for offroading and stuff and the bike for going fast and pickin up the chicks. chicks love bikes.
Old 12-02-2004, 08:04 PM
Contributing Member

Dude, seriously, women love the bikes. I kid you not, nearly everyone woman you know (and most of the ones you meet) will want a ride purely for the sake of a ride. Very few girls will care about a fast car whether it be a WRX, a suped up honda or a camaro or whatever. If you want a car that impresses it doesn't need to be fast, it just needs to be expensive. Fast AND expensive is fine, but Mercedes (any class) beats out the supra for impressing the ladies 9 out 10 times.

Man I miss having a bike.
Old 12-02-2004, 08:25 PM

work your butt off an do both, i built this from near nothing. the yota i baught
(best bang for your buck car here)
Old 12-02-2004, 09:43 PM
Contributing Member

I think everything I can think of has been stated....

I think the general consensus is that unless you have the bling... lifted is better. Though, I must say I did get a TON of looks when I was driving my friends denali for a week while I was cutting my _____ing downey shocks in half . Its up to you what image you want. I personally like my runner better. I get complements on mine a lot too though... I'll never forget the first time the girl all the way to the left saw my truck. Not knowing it was mine (we had just met) we were pulling up to it when it was parked in my buddies car she said. Damn, whos car is that?? Talk about an ego boost for a car nut!!

Last edited by turboale; 12-02-2004 at 09:51 PM.
Old 12-02-2004, 09:48 PM

hahahahahaha ^ best post ever!
Old 12-02-2004, 09:55 PM
Contributing Member

I agree on the motorcycle thing... I have one and... wait... anyway. The bike is really fun to ride and it's awesome doing trackdays. If it's fast you want, get a bike. Just don't be dumb and get the biggest one you can find. If it's your first (or even if you've been riding for a really long time) I'd get a 600 if I were you... plenty fast; especially the new ones and they're way more agile than the 1000cc streetbikes. I'd definitely keep the Taco though.

Last edited by Keggo; 12-02-2004 at 09:58 PM.
Old 12-02-2004, 10:12 PM

Talking check this out...

im enrolled in this art class... and my teacher.. well shes pretty young.. i dont think she really likes me as a student since i dont go a couple times and i dont talk much. So i had to explain this last project im gonna do which is me standing by my tundra and have it look like a puzzle that i put together.. well once i told her about me standing by my truck.. her eyes got bigger and she cocked up in her seat... then started asking me what kind of truck.. is it lifted.. this and that.. and i told her "i got biig big big meats down there!!".. (for You perverts.. i meant the tire of course!) and i lifted it 2 and three quarters and planning on 3 more inches. she said nice nice and told me that, that is soo cool to have a lifted truck! ... soooooooo.. i guess u have ur answer!!!.. ohhh i then sat down with a smile on my face.. A++++
Old 12-02-2004, 10:38 PM

Keep the taco and buy a bike Chicks dig both! You can't go wrong with either, just don't be dumb on the bike
Old 12-02-2004, 10:43 PM

yeah be smart, that always helps you stay alive longer. then!!! since you got a taco, you can just go drive around in the lifted tricked out taco with a sweet motorcycle in the back! keep the bike with you wherevery you drive in case somebody wants to go for a ride?!?!?!!!!
Old 12-03-2004, 12:09 AM

well taco750, at the risk of sounding like an old fogey.....i had a fast car when i was young. it was a 1968 firebird 400 RA. i spent 4 years restoring it to perfection and ultimately painted it black. it was a chick magnet for shor. unfortunately, none of those chicks turned out to be worth a durn. so, i believe the the good ones will want you for your brains.......at least later in life when they want you to buy them everything.
Old 12-03-2004, 03:14 AM
Contributing Member

Exclamation chicks and bikes!

Originally Posted by sdastg1
keep the truck and get a motorcycle
I ride a 2001 Triumph 955i Sprint ST that is far from an ST, it has a Staintune polished stainless high mount pipe that shows off the single side swing arm, sport Showa shocks, tinted double bubble wind screen, rear seat cowl "comes off in a second", custom rear fender, remapped fuel injection, and on and on... EVERY time I get gas I have HOT chicks ask about the bike, I get more #s with it than any one of the sweet cars I’ve owned and I’ve had a few! I live near Shepherd University so there is a very nice selection if you know what I mean. I really love taking it to the beaches in the summer chicks dig liter bikes. I had a 2000 Kawasaki ZRX1100 Eddie Lawson edition with a full Kerker exhaust, the bike was SICK, and the ladies loved it. I actually met my current girlfriend partly because of the bike! But be realistic, I started riding when I was 8 on a Suzuki DS80 and moved my way up through the motocross days to a 1994 RM 250. Then I bought my 1987 Yamaha FZ600, rode that poor bike into the ground, bought a ZX 1100 and put it into a guard rail at 55 mph, then bought the ZRX1100 and it started to have transmission issues at 7,000 miles so I sold it and bought the Triumph. Now I also ride a 1990 Yamaha XT350 dual sport which gets a lot of looks from the ladies, more of a ha hahaha, that guys on a dirt bike, but its fun too. My girlfriend Tracy passed her MC test this past summer. I tried to talk her into a 250 ninja or an EX500 but she didn’t like them even though she had only ever ridden a Honda 125 at the rider training course. She found a 1 owner 1995 Suzuki Katana 600 and bought it for herself. About 125 miles later she dropped it on herself at a busy 4 way stop, I had to run back and get the bike off of her and help her up. Then about another 100 miles and a few weeks later I watched her in my rear view mirror miss an S turn at 55 mph and flip head over heals landing on her knees on pavement, then flipped again into a corn field smashing her shoulder. So hours later when she got out of surgery and could talk again she told me to get rid of the remains of the Katana and has not ridden since, moral of the story DO NOT buy a bike if you do not know how to ride or if you do not plan on learning how by taking your time and really getting comfortable with YOUR bike, don’t buy a big bike for your first bike or you may regret it. I have been wrenching on a SWEET 1984 Suzuki GS450 just in case she wants to try it again this spring, they were cool bikes in that they had a 4cyl engine.... anyway DO not buy a Civic and try to make it cool, they are not, neither are Neons, Sentras, Accords, Cavaliers etc, buy a Celica! OR buy a Tacoma or a pickup...to haul that bike around!

Quick Reply: I need serious help...About to go to car..