Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

I just got Zaino....results

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2006, 10:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just got Zaino....results

recently I asked for suggestions using Zaino products and this past weekend I was able to detail my car using them. First of all I was a bit skeptical of all the hype and hub-bub of zaino, but it lived up all the talk. The results were awesome to the point of amazing. Heres what I did

1. Wash with Dawn and dry
2. Used Z-PC to clean the paint and windows. This was the hardest part because you have to basically scrub the paint with it. The results were awesome. Its the cleanest the paint has ever been since I bought it used. All the stains and imperfections came right out.
3. Polish with Z-2 Pro. 2 coats of this on everything. Glass, plastic, paint.
4. Used Z-6 between coats of Z-2 Pro

I'll get pictures up as soon as I can. It was shiny. Someone said I would need sunglasses and I literally did need sunglasses. I had some areas that were hazy and I tried everything to get a shine out. Nothing worked until now.

This all took about 5 hours of work. The initial work is long but it looks like it will be easy to maintain. You will also be surprised at how repellent the stuff is of dirt and dust.

I have used meguiars, mothers, turtle wax, and many other products, nothing comes close to Zaino. I highly highly suggest using Zaino. I will try and report on how long this stuff lasts. That will be the deciding factor for me.
Old 04-24-2006, 11:06 AM

What color is your runner. I was thinking about using turtle wax's new ice.
Old 04-24-2006, 11:21 AM

Mine's white. I urge you not to waste your time with anything else. Give Zaino a try. The only problem is you probably have to order it online unless they sell it in your area.
Old 04-24-2006, 11:33 AM

Since mine is black I was looking towards the turtle wax ice because its clear and doesnt leave any residue. how is the residue for the Zaino.
Old 04-24-2006, 11:42 AM

Zaino claims the polish it 99.9% optically pure. www.zaino.com.
Old 04-24-2006, 11:51 AM

Thanks, guess its worth a try.
Old 04-24-2006, 01:48 PM

ice SUCKS. used it on my s10 (dark red). it doesnt go away, just streaks everywhere.

from what ive heard zaino makes excelent products, its definately worth a try.
Old 04-24-2006, 05:38 PM
Contributing Member

A few of my friends are total car geeks and zaino is all they will use on their cars... I did the claybar/wax thing this weekend to my gf's car and it sure did wonders to it! If your looking for good wax for black, the megwire's black magic gold I think is what I used and I was quite happy with it. Also, make sure your using a new claybar. I started with an old one and it SUCKED and half of it was on the hood, and half of it was stuck to my fingers. Once I got a new "mothers" claybar I was good to go and it went 100x smoother. Zaino isn't cheap, but its the best I have seen for sure. The only thing is that it doesn't last long and you have to use a special zaino soap that doesn't wash it away as bad as other car soaps.
Old 04-25-2006, 10:05 AM

We need some pics!!
Old 05-27-2006, 08:27 PM

anybody else try turtle wax ice? my neighbor was putting it on his black truck last week and it looked like it did pretty good..
Old 05-27-2006, 10:52 PM
Contributing Member

Dude,

Old 05-28-2006, 10:15 PM

i use klasse all in one and the klasse sealent glaze.. the truck looks like it rolled off of the assembly line ( except for stone chips and rusted rear bumper ) but the rest of teh truck looks good =)

Old 06-05-2006, 03:16 AM

Not impressed with Zanio at all. It leaves a nice shine but not the depth I like. Not worth the money or all the prep work by any means.Over the years I have tried just about most of the popular wax's /polishes on the market and have found nothing that beats Mothers California Gold wax/cleaner in the paste form. Easy to apply and gives a super clean and deep shine and light scratches and all swirl marks are gone!
Did my Lunar Mist 01 Tacoma with this stuff and love it! Used Zanio last year and it does not give this kind of deep shine or clean look. Mike
Old 06-05-2006, 04:00 AM

Let me start by saying the appearance of car waxes/sealants are all personal preference. Also proper surface preparation is a CRITICAL step to whatever product you choose

To me, Zaino appears the car has another layer of clear. Very shiny, reflective finish. As for durability NOTHING last longer. For cars outside 7x24 you can't go wrong with Zanio.

Many of the new sealers (Zaino, Meguiars 21, Poorboys etc) all will last longer than the carnauba's but tend to have that plastic wrap look. All work very well.

I feel the dark colors look better (deeper / wetter) with the carnauba's. My perference for a compromise between the two is Poorboys EX http://www.poorboysworld.com/ex-sealant.htm and if you really want to get it to pop, add a layer of paste carnauba.

Again all personal preference.
Old 06-05-2006, 02:14 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I use Turtle Wax "ICE" Brand and love it. IMO, I think it works great. Granted my 4R is Grey, so w/ different paint colors may bring different results. I like it b/c it leaves no white residue, it's very quick and easy to apply and it lasts a pretty decent amount of time.

I bought some this past weekend to try it out. For those who don't know what I'm talking about, it's a liquid silicone form of wax that comes in clear bottle called "Ice" by Turtle Wax. It's about 9 bucks a bottle, but will last a while. The selling point is that it doesn't leave those white streaks in those cracks (ex: between the hood and doors) that takes more time to reach when waxing. Nor does it leave white steaks on weatherstripping. Now you don't have to worry about getting right up to the edge w/o hitting the weatherstripping. The main thing is that it's the easiest wax job I've done w/ still that show quality shine.

Here's how to apply it:

After washing your vehicle and then drying it thoroughly, just squirt the liquid wax onto the applicator and apply to vehicle. Wait 5mins to let it set and come to a haze. Then take the microfiber towel, that was included, and using one side of it, wipe the excess wax off the vehicle. Then flip the towel and buff to a shine. That's it! I'm sure by using a buffer will produce a higher gloss, but for those quick wax jobs this stuff is great!

Outcome:

I put it on last Thurs and drove to the beach Friday afternoon ( a 5 hr trip). Messed around down there at the beach and came back on Monday. Of course the truck was nasty, but when I went to wash it, the water just beaded up and fell off! I was surprised it still held, considering it's a liquid wax and all the crap I ran into while driving. Needless to say the dirt came off easier and after washing and drying it, I applied another coat of Ice to the vehicle. It's just as smooth as the day I left. I bet if you laid on my hood, you'd slide right off!

Cool stuff. I plan to use it for while. Two thumbs up.

Results may vary. 4 out of 5 Doctors recommend it.
Old 06-05-2006, 07:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There's a lot more discussion about car detailing at this site. http://autopia.org/forum/

I'd really like to strip the wax off of mine, remove the pin striping, clay bar it, then re-wax... someday when I get some time.
Old 06-10-2006, 10:11 PM

I just used turtle wax ice today and was really surprised at how little it took to do the whole car, maybe 2oz at most. It left a slick shiny coat on there too, good stuff
Old 06-22-2006, 04:34 PM

Keep us informed about that Turtle Wax Ice. I'm curious to see how long it lasts. Nothing more I hate than waxing a vehicle every month.
Old 06-22-2006, 05:10 PM

i ain't too picky about waxxin and all that really... b/c i get my truck all muddy and w/e like every 4 days...

i just wash it w/ Mothers car wash, scrub er' real nice. Then use Wax as you dry when i shammy the car down.

I love Wax as u dry. I got super nasty water b/c i live near the beach, and we don't have a softener yet... b/c my dad is lazy, so the Wax as u dry is a freakin myricle. No spots, no nothin.

--Jared
Old 08-30-2006, 01:59 PM

UPDATE: Hi guys, its been 4 months since my first Zaino application. So far its been great! Its lasting longer than any other wax i've used. Its lost a little bit of its soft touch but its repelling water and crap like it did from the beginning. I will use this forever and nothing else.

The initial coats took a lot of time, however I have saved soo much time washing because I now can use a leaf blower after washes because zaino is so repelent. I have easily made back the time.