Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

I just go so stuck a Blazer had to yank me out :(

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2005, 04:16 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy I just go so stuck a Blazer had to yank me out :(

Man, some times you just can’t win. I decided since my rig has sat for a while now that I would take it for a spin this evening because we are calling for 12" of snow tomorrow... well I stopped off and got gas and dinner, and on the way home I decided to head down to the dam on the Potomac River just for the drive. When I went to turn around I realized that my hubs were not locked in the worst possible place! I went to do a 3 point turn in the access road and my rear end went off the edge into a flooded stream, this wouldn’t have been an issue had it not been frozen or my hubs locked in…. I tried to rock it a few times and made things worse by backing up deeper in the stream that by the way was 90% frozen. So I opened my door and the water was right below slider tubes, I climbed out into the bed, shut my door then climbed past the cab, onto the fender and jumped onto the ground to see what was going on. At this time I locked my hubs in and... Well I managed to get back in and couldn’t pull forward, so I threw it in reverse, BAD idea! I got hung up on a big ass rock in the ditch with my rear axle and my front wheels were on solid ice from the stream bank sooo it was either leave my rig “ which wasn’t going to happen, to many being stolen lately... I called a few people and finally got a hold of a neighbor that was in the area that swung by to give me a tug, but he was in his wife’s 98 Blazer,,,, THAT SUCKS! Anyway... lock your hubs and don’t back off the damn road into a "what looked like a shallow, frozen over stream" area without your come-along winch!!!!!!!

Last edited by Ilovemountains; 01-21-2005 at 04:18 PM. Reason: misspelling
Old 01-21-2005, 05:40 PM

I hope you did'nt let him take any pic's!!

Couple of years ago I have to have my neighbor pull my 2WD Ram Charger out of my driveway with his minivan

I sold the truck that spring and cut down the hedge that caused the snow to get caught behind it.
Old 01-21-2005, 07:36 PM
Banned

don't feel bad ... a few months ago i had to pull a blazer out ... so the score is tied, don't worry.
Old 01-21-2005, 08:07 PM

where are the pics
Old 01-22-2005, 07:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I pulled a Blazer out and off of the sand in the OBX so now we are up 1.
Old 01-22-2005, 03:43 PM
lee
Contributing Member

i passed a blazer that spun out at a rotary just about 1 hr ago. its snowing like mad rigtht now...
Old 01-22-2005, 09:46 PM
Contributing Member

Sounds a lot like what I went through last night. I just wanted to screw around in the snow a bit untill I got stuck in what seemed like solid ice untill I broke through the surface. Once I sunk in to my axles front and rear I was really screwed. After leaving for 2 hours (reluctently to say the least!) I got a budy with a 12" lifted Chevy with 39" swampers to come and pull me out and let me tell you it was no picknic. Even with a shovel he had to jerk on me moving about 1 to 12" at a time for 40 feet before I got out of there. Took a solid half hour of jerking to get out. Good thing I bought that 20,000pound strap! Here is my frantic thread from last night:

I'm stuck in the snow! What do I do?!?!?!
Old 01-26-2005, 03:58 AM
Contributing Member

OUCH! That sucks!

Man that happened to me last year! I got freaked out because there were a few hunters in banged up old Fords out in the area that we were wheeling in. My friends HEEP couldn’t pull me back and my winch was broken so I set up camp! I froze my a$$ off that night but at around 2:30am a few guys on 4 wheelers came up and shut them off about 15 feet behind my truck. They acted a little strange when I hopped out of the back “I had my camper shell on" and said, "what’s up" while opening another beer! They gave me the same "your trespassing" BS that they must give everyone, even though I was NOT.. I know for a fact had I not been there my rig would have been stripped or burned, I say burned because there is a burned out shell of a late 90s or so Explorer in the same area, unless it spontaneously combusted which is possible! When there are hicks on 4 wheelers miles away from ANYONE, with a large tool box strapped to the rear rack at 2:30am, something is wrong, very wrong. I was just glad I didn’t get jumped, I was alone with the exception of my lab Lucy and about 8 beers in me, that would have SUCKED! Glad you got it home! After my ordeal the other night I am making it a point to at least have my manual come along winch with me, I could have hooked up to a tree and clicked my way out of the hole I was in the other night in a few minutes. Had I not got a hold of some one I would have put my seat back and gone to sleep! I won’t leave my rig along any trail at this point! Have a good one< Matt