Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

I got pulled over tonight in the runner

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2003, 10:03 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got pulled over tonight in the runner

Started off walking to my car at 9:30 after work and i hear a friend who also works there pull in to the parking lot, peeling out and ˟˟˟˟,i didnt know why. he flys by my car, flips a U turn and flys by again, and heads towards the other end of the parking lot where it ends up he was meeting a girl over there. i get in my car, drive over to him sorta fast, and going sorta fast (for a parking lot, probably 30) i wave and what not.

slowed down right there but it was too late. a cop was pulling in, who apparently heard/saw my friend driving into the parking lot all crazy. (maybe he was at the doughnut shop next door )

anyway, i slow down to the stop, continue on and exit the parking lot a little bit later. the cop follows me on my way home. and finally pulls me over half way. I knew he would, he was just running my plates. anyway. i had my window open (was hot from working) and i waved out the window with a simple wave that i was pulling over. i pulled over to the right a few seconds later, turned on my flashers, turned on my interior light, and put my hands palms out on my steering wheel.

he came up and introduced himself and why he pulled me over. he said "your last name b****?" i said yes sir. he asked if i had a brother in the marine corps. I replied yes sir, i actually have two. well one just got out but the other is a recruiter for the marine corps. he said ok. then he explained that he is going to let me off with a warning. I said thank you sir. and he left.

I stopped speeding on the main streets a long time ago mainly because of gas mileage problems (gotta love the 3.0l), but also because its simply unsafe. I dont know what came over me to drive teh way i did in the parking lot. it definately wont happen again.

I guess it helps to have brothers in the marine corps

i did a really good job with not sluring or studdering like i always do too.

lesson learned? nothing i alread know, i guess, just gotta be careful.

I hope he went back and ticketed my friend. he was the main reason why i started doing what i did. of course in the end, i was the one that drove my car, not him. so i cant blame him totally, but he was a provocation.

good night
Old 04-15-2003, 10:16 PM
Contributing Member

Don't you hate it when friends provoke you and then you get busted. Especially when one is a cop and he says there won't be any cops on the highway at that time of night. I guess he forgot about DPS.

Old 04-15-2003, 11:26 PM
Contributing Member

oh ya, i guess having a big ass american flag on my dashboard might help too
Old 04-15-2003, 11:40 PM

Lucky Lucky Lucky Lucky
Old 04-16-2003, 06:46 AM

You did everything you could. You let the cop know you were cooperating. You turned on your light so he could see you as he approached and you kept your hands in plain view. If anything you took a lot of stress off of him and he was more than happy to return the courtesy when he knew you were related to an acquaintance. the law doesn't require the issuing of a citation. It is the officer's decision if he will issue a citation or a warning and obviously he saw no reason to be hard on you.
Old 04-17-2003, 03:25 PM
NJ

Did he tell you why he pulled you over, or did you just assume that it was because of the speeding in the parking lot..?
Old 04-17-2003, 04:15 PM
Contributing Member

Any one else think the officer asked him if his name was (insert female dog here) ??

Old 04-17-2003, 04:57 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally posted by Firefyter-Emt
Any one else think the officer asked him if his name was (insert female dog here) ??

actually, I did too at first glance..
Old 04-17-2003, 06:00 PM
Contributing Member

Yeah, that was also my first thought.

Old 04-17-2003, 08:47 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by NJ
Did he tell you why he pulled you over, or did you just assume that it was because of the speeding in the parking lot..?
no he explained why right after he introduced himself

he said something like "i noticed you were driving a little crazy back there. even though it's on private property, i can still ticket you for exibition of speed" then he added "i also heard somebody peeling out" i interjected with "actually that was..." then he cut me off and said "yes i saw the white camaro, is that a friend?" replied "ya, sorta"

so.. ya
Old 04-18-2003, 09:08 AM
Contributing Member

I'd like to see him give you a ticket for something done on private property. There is no way in hell it would stand up in court.
Old 04-20-2003, 06:23 PM

Talking

Speaking of getting pulled over.
I bought some of the sparkliest bright blue washer lights I could find and installed them myself (for me quite an accomplishment). I putted around quite pleased with myself for months till one night our business alarm went off at 2am and I scurried in my pj's the three blocks to work at warp 9, ya like I was going to kick butt or something?? Well no burglars but on my peaceful drive on empty streets back home I passed Mr. Officer was supposed to be checking our alarm but who just wanted to nail me about my sparkly blues (not my eyes unfortunately). He walks up to my window and we go thru the usual jazz and he mentions "blue lights are illegal" and so I replied, "what blue lights?". He's looking at me in my pj's and says "did your vehicle come with those?" and I said "its Canadian" and he bought it!!
Old 04-20-2003, 07:15 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Actually, I just got pulled over cruising through nevada on my southwest road trip last week. Darndest pleasant ticket experience I've had. (ahem).

I come sailing over a rise on hwy 50 at a modest 84 or so in a 70 mph (fortunately a bit slower than I was going a while earlier).

Officer was sitting on other side, facing me. Flashed his lights on seeing me; did the whole immediately pull over, very polite, etc, etc.

The guy's immediate first words were something like, "You were going 84... I am going to give you a ticket..." (At this point, I'm actually relieved. I can't stand the suspense part. Nice to get that out of the way.)

He then explains how Nevada has this "daytime rules" ticket class where you pay the fine, but it doesn't go to your record, insurance or anything. I've never heard of that, but I must admit I was just dee-lighted at the notion.

He was a very pleasant, nice guy about the whole thing. I really didn't mind getting stopped at all. And yes, I did mind my speed after that. My GF made some comment about whether I wanted to try for one from each state we were passing through. Since it was a 6 state trip, I thought maybe that'd be a poor choice!