Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

I cant believe some people...

Old 05-17-2009, 10:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I cant believe some people...

So I was looking into trading my 1998 4 runner for a truck and found a SAS 89 and was looking at it and he said the bed had some minor damage in the pics it looked good... well when I saw it minor damage sure looked like tin foil crumpled up with a crappy paint job that was chipping so I declined and said "sorry but no thanks it has quite a bit of damage,you said minor damage good luck with your sale" well he then replied "yeah 4 runners are a dime a dozen" and I said well then you shouldnt have a problem finding one the guy proceeded to say "yeah especially one with 170k!!! you wont find a truck as good as this anywhere" lets keep in mind the guy knew nothing about the SAS who did it or if it was done professionally I said "yeah thats the beauty of a toyota we have a 85 runner that has probably over 800,000 miles out of 2 engines and is still kicking and passing smog, My 4 runner with the milage and condition it is in is still blue booked at 5500 and no one in the right mind would buy that truck for 2500 especially from a guy who knew nothing about it or the SFA and bashed it to hell and probably hasnt even chnaged the oil and obviously your mad I wouldnt trade you..."
UGHHH I cant believe how immature and rude this guy was... sorry for ranting guys!!!
Old 05-17-2009, 10:41 AM

sounds like you did the right thing what a idiot!
Old 05-17-2009, 10:49 AM
RMA
Contributing Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Dude dont even trip .. That happens all the time just thank god you were able to see and understand this wasnt for you.
Old 05-17-2009, 10:56 AM

Yeah I just cant believe how rude people are he insulted my truck after I said no thanks and wished him luck with his sale... I was just looking for a tacoma or something so I dont have to build a trailor or buy one to tow around a dirtbike but man the guy was so immature giving us yota folks a bad name... 170k so what it still turns on and drive everytime i turn the key...
Old 05-17-2009, 02:07 PM

He even emailed me back again to say this, Well I edited it a bit as to not break the rules of the site... "hahaha like I said stock 4runners are a dime a dozen ! if you knew anything at all about wheeling and not trying to wheel your stock indepenent piece of CRAP !"
I didnt even bother emailing the guy back but let me mention the guy didnt even know what kind of locking diff's he had "if he even had them" or what suspension set up it was the guy knew nothing about wheeling seems like all he knows is IFS is crap and SFA rules... i guess???
Old 05-17-2009, 02:39 PM
totally a bro
Staff

Received 45 Likes on 28 Posts
haha, its not even worth the worry. The guy obviously is upset that you're not diggen his "awsome" rig. Just be glad you didnt' pick up something thats could potentially fall apart from obvious neglect.
Old 05-17-2009, 03:24 PM

Yeah its just annoying haha It makes me upset the guy is calling my rig a Independant POS when he doesnt know anything about his own SA truck besides "its better" haha...