Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Got my Yota stolen

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2005, 03:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got my Yota stolen

I live in Eureka, I mind my own business, and I 4x4 every chance I get. My 86, although not a straight axle, was many countless hours of fun. I loved that truck. Loved it. Today, I parked it in a parking lot, locked all the doors, and when I came back less than 10 minutes later, well, no more JEM of my life.

All I could do was just say WTF WTF WTF. And really really mean it.

If I get my Yota back I will tell you all about it later. I am sure that it will be in poor condition.

F--- CRACK HEADS!
Old 01-17-2005, 03:20 AM
Contributing Member

Angry

That sucks man! If I lived near you I'd keep my eyes out for it, but I don't, so all I can do is offer my best wishes for a safe return.
Old 01-17-2005, 03:42 AM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jovis
That sucks man! If I lived near you I'd keep my eyes out for it, but I don't, so all I can do is offer my best wishes for a safe return.
Ditto here. That really stinks! I hope you get it back.
Old 01-17-2005, 08:11 AM
Contributing Member

Sorry to hear that... I hate when people do that crap! That really pisses me off... best of luck getting it back (in good condition)...
Old 01-17-2005, 08:29 AM

Location: Grew up in Santa Clarita/San Fernando Valley's...now in Washington State
I've got some boys you live up by you, tell me what your truck looks like, and if it has anything that would make it noticible, and i'll let them know to watch for it.
Old 01-17-2005, 12:28 PM

Hey, I feel it, man. Mine was stolen Dec. 14th. I bought it new in 86. Last year I put a new engine, transfer, tires, shocks, gears, locker and Recaros. I was sure it was in parts, never to be seen again. Then, a week later, I am driving along and see it parked on the side of a road, sans stereo and seats. Believe it, this was the 3rd time it has been stolen and returned. Keep up the faith. The odds are they come home.
A couple of suggestions: Post a good description and pictures on Craigslist, here and any other places you think of. Offer a reward. When you get it back, get a good alsrm in it and use it.
By the way, I am currently dealing with my insurance company. After putting close to $9,000 dollars into the truck last year, they want to total it and give me $2900! Talk about WTF.
Old 01-17-2005, 12:33 PM

yep insurance doesnt like custom vehicles. thank god my stang is under hagerty classic car insurance. It took months to get approved for it though!

keep your eyes an ears to the ground. word of mouth travels fast.
Old 01-17-2005, 01:53 PM
Contributing Member

Terrible news....hopefully you get it back soon. I only had a vehicle broken into (not stolen) and that still felt like a kick in the stomach when I saw the damage.

Hang in there;

James
Old 01-17-2005, 02:17 PM
Banned

Damn!!! I am sorry for you man!! Maybe somebody you know set you up on PIMP MY RIDE and when you get it back it will be one inch off the ground, have 20 inch spinners and hydraulics .

Wow now that would suck!! I guess you had better hope it just got ripped off !

I hope you get it back in one piece and soon!!
Old 01-17-2005, 03:30 PM
Contributing Member

post up a good description and a pic, and if you can the end of the VIN. I can recall at least one case where posting up a notice like this helped get the truck recovered.
Old 01-18-2005, 01:12 PM
Contributing Member

What he said.

I used to live in Eureka. That sux. I guess not much has changed. Sorry dude.
Old 01-21-2005, 02:44 PM

I got it back last night. My truck--I got it back. It was kind of trashed. They tore out the center councle. Put cigarettes out on the door. cracked the brackets for the back bench (I have an Xtra cab). Stole my stearo and speakers. Pried off my locking gas cap, and took every drop of gas. They removed some bolts from the engine, by the valves. I learned from the police, that Toyotas during the 80 and early 90's only made five sets of keys. If you go to a junk yard, and collect a couple of sets, you will probably get all five keys in short time. Then all one has to do is walk up to a toyota(from that time period), and insert the key and drive off. Thats what happen to me. They didn't punch the column, they didn't smash a window, all they did was unlock it and drive off.

I am having an alarm installed on my truck.

I am really thankful, even in the damaged condition, to have gotten my truck back. The police officer told me the return rate on these trucks is low. They get taken, and parted out.

Here's the wierdest thing to me, they didn't steal my new bfgs, or my rims, they didn't take my battery, or any of the other easily removed items.

Eureka CA, has three times the national average for car theft, per capita rivals the New York, New York. My recommadation is, if you ever come up here to 4x4, stear clear of Eureka. I got my truck jacked in a crowded shopping area!

Thanks all for your post.

If anyone knows of a good alarm for these trucks please let me know, as I see it as the proper plan of recourse.

Last edited by RubberCement; 01-21-2005 at 02:46 PM.
Old 01-21-2005, 03:03 PM
Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
glad to hear you got it back man.... my buddy lives up in that area but has never had a problem.
Old 01-21-2005, 03:03 PM
Contributing Member

Glad you got it back the damage sounds like an excuse to customize & mod the interior, new stereo system etc... I agree, if mine ever gets taken I'll just want it back, some damage or not.

I think one of the members here, HaveBlue, has a deal where he can get some nice discounts on alarm systems. Might want to send him a PM.
Old 01-21-2005, 03:39 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
personally i think that if you are caught stealing somebody's truck, you deserve a bullet in the head and a roadside burial. don't think it'd fly in california though, "scum are people too!"
Old 01-21-2005, 04:21 PM

Dude I know your pain. 2 years ago I got my 87 stolen. Man I loved that truck. I got it back. Well some of it back. Completely stripped. I was awestuck at how well they stripped that thing. They even took the rubber molding on the door jamb! Ridiculous. Pissed off cause you know they guys will never be caught. Never. Poop on me.....
Old 01-21-2005, 08:22 PM

Location: Grew up in Santa Clarita/San Fernando Valley's...now in Washington State
Glad to hear you got it back!!!W/ what little was taken coulda been worse. Just be happy it's home!!! My g-riend had her POS s-10 stolen from in front of my house last year, it was gone 3 days and a friend of ours found it on the side of the road w/ a "ran outta gas, be back" note on it. Talk about nerve. They took her 'cross the bed tool box, full of tools, the brand new front rotors (they put on old 1's) and her gas cap.

And I second kyle's motion...but insted of a bullet (waste of a good 3 cents to me) tie the person to 4 trucks all pointing oppisite directions, and drive.......(drwn and quarter'd, I thinks it's called)
Old 01-21-2005, 10:50 PM

if i were you i would install anti theft ranging more then alarms, i would but a fuel cutoff or ignition cutoff switch somewhere, hidden, yet easily accesable, so you dont draw to much attention to yourself when you turn it on or whatnot, on pirate a guy was saying that most of the time when trucks are stolen, people watch that truck for a few days and make a plan first, but i dunno, mabey he's full of crap, but if not, make sure its not obviouse you have one on your car, they would figure it out if they watched you,
wade
Old 01-21-2005, 10:51 PM

oh yeah, and the 5 key things is true, the other day i walked on to a used car lot to look at an 87, i have keys from a 1980,1984, and a 1987, i tried them, and 2 worked to start it, one worked to unlock the doors, when the salesman came over and the truck was running, he was dumbfounded to know about the 5 key thing,

wade
Old 01-21-2005, 11:07 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
glad u got it back. but what good is a alarm gonna do if they have the keys?

Quick Reply: Got my Yota stolen