Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Got a little stuck today...(Pics!)

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 05:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got a little stuck today...(Pics!)

So my buddy and I just decided to take a short cut through a construction area and good ole' Indiana has a lot of clay mud crap. This was the kind of mud that sticks to the bottom of your shoes and can barely pull your feet up because of the suction. So what was suppose to be a quick short cut through the field turned into a half hour or so (which really isn't too bad)...the route was dry as a bone then we kind of dropped off into this ravine and well we should have known better. We basically got half way across and just sunk. Unfortunately I didn't have 4wd engaged until I was pretty much all the way stuck so by the time the front locked in the tread on the tires was caked and I had mud slicks...

I should have had 4wd engaged from the get go but honestly...I'm not sure it would have gotten me through any better.

It was one of those times that you just kind of laugh at...it was a good time for sure.

EDIT:As a few other members have pointed out...i removed some of the pics as a precaution although as you read on...no property was damaged. As the first picture illustrates...got stuck being stupid...got pulled out by a good bud who uses his Taco for the purpose it was built...and road off into the sunset in hopes of getting rid of the mud caked wheels in the field.

On to the pics!

Last edited by Skrillah; 03-14-2009 at 08:19 PM.
Old 03-14-2009, 05:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
been there done that.
Old 03-14-2009, 06:07 PM
Donny, you're out of your element
Staff

Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts
I am sure the construction company appreciated you stealing their wood and ruining it
Old 03-14-2009, 06:12 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
yea...this has happened to me one too many times...was on some land that borders my house where some guys ride their 4wheelers..well..i knew it had just rained..and me and one of my buddy's in his 4wd chevy with some bald M/T's on it wanted to play around..so we went over there..i made it through no problem...then he tried..didnt even come close sunk his purty chevy to the frame in a matter of seconds..had to get a Locked front and rear Jeep rubicon to pull him out..(only locked the rear by the way..pulled him out no problem) the whole time we were doing this..the owner of the land was watching us from the road..wasnt a pretty site after we got out..he came down there on his 4wheeler minutes later..bitched us out and everything..threatened us with a lawsuit..all that..then he agreed to just let us fill in the ruts..and forget about the whole thing..it was a close call..and it wasnt the first time its happened..and it wont be the last im sure...TREAD LIGHTLY!!!!!
Old 03-14-2009, 06:16 PM

Classy,why not hotwire the construction rigs would have been faster then your buds nice taco.
Old 03-14-2009, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by DeathCougar
I am sure the construction company appreciated you stealing their wood and ruining it
The perps even posted pics of themselves and their vehicles during said trespassing and transgressions in a public online forum.

This is the stuff chain emails are made of...

Skrillah, if I were you and I'd experienced this lapse of good judgment, I'd delete this thread and accompanying pictures as fast as I could.

Last edited by jdsdj98; 03-14-2009 at 06:23 PM.
Old 03-14-2009, 07:31 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
if the police in the states are busy chasing kids wheeling new subdivisions thats hilarious. most kids who have 4x4s only use them to do stupid stuff like this..
i always point and laugh when i see stupid kids in a feild

Last edited by bigt; 03-14-2009 at 07:33 PM.
Old 03-14-2009, 07:58 PM

Haha...thanks guys for the compliments!

For the record, the wood was broken scrap wood we found laying in the dump pile. It was cracked and had holes all over it. So we didn't ruin anything...we were a little more conscious with what we were doing then to ruin good wood. The rutted land that I got stuck on is where a runoff pond is going so there the ruts won't be an issue.

Secondly, you guys are right I probably shouldn't have posted the pics. I just thought you guys might get a good laugh out of it because as a matter of fact I'm 23 years old and basically just got stuck doing something stupid and had to laugh at it. That said, I suppose this thread deserves to be flamed on and I asked for it by posting it.

Bigt, my 4x4 is actually used quite regularly for camping excursions throughout the Appalachians in West Virginia and Tennessee.

Deathcougar, feel free to move or delete this thread. I'm not sure how. I'll stick to the technical issues from now on.

Last edited by Skrillah; 03-14-2009 at 08:01 PM.
Old 03-14-2009, 08:06 PM

i didnt mean you man.. i like your rig and those tires looked cool all mud plugged hahahahaha
mostly people in full size 4x4 that i see in feilds stuck.. kids think there parents new dually diesel 4x4 is the best mud machine known to man hahahahahahahah
Old 03-14-2009, 08:09 PM

Well I was going to pile on, but you kind of redeemed yourself on your own.

BTW in the future, you may want to make your photobucket private, you got a couple images of your license # floating around there.
Old 03-14-2009, 08:16 PM

why cant you post pictures of your lisence plate who cares? never under stood that
Old 03-14-2009, 08:20 PM

Received 120 Likes on 59 Posts
Great job bragging about being a dumbass on private land...and on a public forum...
Had to say it.

In all seriousness, After stuff like this we wonder why they are taking away our land to actually do REAL wheeling on...

Old 03-14-2009, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by bigt
why cant you post pictures of your lisence plate who cares? never under stood that
People with connections can find out who you are in a heartbeat.....
Name, last known address, weather or not you're an organ donor.
Old 03-14-2009, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by raydouble
Well I was going to pile on, but you kind of redeemed yourself on your own.

BTW in the future, you may want to make your photobucket private, you got a couple images of your license # floating around there.
Good advice...photobucket is now private thanks.

Originally Posted by scuba
Great job bragging about being a dumbass on private land...and on a public forum...
Had to say it.

In all seriousness, After stuff like this we wonder why they are taking away our land to actually do REAL wheeling on...

I agree, land issues are a bummer. I'm not effected as much here in Indiana. Those of you out west where the good sights and trails are effected the most it seems...hopefully they'll still be there when I can actually make it out that way.

Being a dumbass does have its perks...that is when you are smart enough to know what the dumbass thing you did was...you can learn from it..

Really...

Hmm...well I fixed the pics and only included 3...can't see any numbers now..

Last edited by Skrillah; 03-14-2009 at 08:34 PM.
Old 03-14-2009, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by Skrillah

I agree, land issues are a bummer. I'm not effected as much here in Indiana. Those of you out west where the good sights and trails are effected the most it seems...hopefully they'll still be there when I can actually make it out that way.

Being a dumbass does have its perks...that is when you are smart enough to know what the dumbass thing you did was...you can learn from it..

As long as you learned...
BTW...Ill make a quote that basically scared me outta dumb, thanks joey
Originally Posted by UKMyers
What a disappointing thread. Great job bragging about being stupid.
Click on the little arrow in that and take a look at the thread...

Old 03-14-2009, 08:56 PM

Absolutely true. I'm witness to this in my family's life right now (victims of a hit-and-run and useless, uncooperative, uninformative law enforcement). My folks do have a name and address, however, through "connections." That situation came to mind when I saw these pics, although this doesn't EVEN come close to what they're dealing with.

It sounds like we all agree here. But just to beat a dead horse a little more as food for thought - It doesn't matter that the wood looked beat-up to you. It wasn't yours to take and destroy further.

It doesn't matter that your ruts now live where a drainage pond will be one day. It does matter that it wasn't your land to use as a shortcut and subsequently tear up further.

I'm not a big wheeler at all, but scuba's got a pretty good point. There's a bigger picture here, and you hard-core wheelers lose out after situations like this.

Seriously - I've been accused of sounding preachy on here before, and that's not at all what I'm trying to do. I'm just encouraging us all to think for a second before doing something like this. Sounds like Skrillah's got it figured out.
Old 03-14-2009, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by jdsdj98
Absolutely true. I'm witness to this in my family's life right now (victims of a hit-and-run and useless, uncooperative, uninformative law enforcement). My folks do have a name and address, however, through "connections." That situation came to mind when I saw these pics, although this doesn't EVEN come close to what they're dealing with.

It sounds like we all agree here. But just to beat a dead horse a little more as food for thought - It doesn't matter that the wood looked beat-up to you. It wasn't yours to take and destroy further.

It doesn't matter that your ruts now live where a drainage pond will be one day. It does matter that it wasn't your land to use as a shortcut and subsequently tear up further.

I'm not a big wheeler at all, but scuba's got a pretty good point. There's a bigger picture here, and you hard-core wheelers lose out after situations like this.

Seriously - I've been accused of sounding preachy on here before, and that's not at all what I'm trying to do. I'm just encouraging us all to think for a second before doing something like this. Sounds like Skrillah's got it figured out.
Hope it works out with the family thing...

Scuba, haha...that link you posted looks like you got a bit deeper then I ever did!

In regards to learning lessons...I forgot to mention I had to spend 10 bucks to wash all the mud and crap out from underneath the truck...which took 25 minutes at a local wash shop. Then had to spend another 5 to wash all the mud down the drains there because I felt bad leaving all that mud all over their wash facility.
Old 03-14-2009, 09:26 PM

hahah, I always just leave the mud there, IDGAF

Old 03-14-2009, 09:31 PM

Yeah...I do too at times but it was just too nasty.

Oh and I saw posted on the Lake Arrowhead trail photos thread that you wrecked your truck man. Sorry to hear...i don't even know you but a Toyota loss sucks no matter what.
Old 03-15-2009, 05:29 AM
Contributing Member

I think a few of you have been a little too rude. I agree with most of what's being said but its a shame to see him take heat and be nice about it and then see people calling him dumbass and such. Legality issues are certainly important, but there are better ways to do this, if it were anyone else I'd say there'd be a flame war already.

Skrillah, long time no see glad to see you're still digging that 4runner of yours haa

Quick Reply: Got a little stuck today...(Pics!)