Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Got in an accident today, pics of carnage

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 07:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got in an accident today, pics of carnage

Some of you may remember my post from less then two weeks ago about how stoked I was to get a new to me 2000 4runner limited and how I then promptly got the timing belt and whole tune up. It was absolutely perfect and I could not be happier....well, guess you can't have nice things for too long till some white trash no insurance having mf wrecks your world. Me and the dog are fine, unfortunately so is he. I'm sick to my stomach, just disgusted and not looking forward at all to the hassle thats sure to come. Hope they don't total it.

Old 04-06-2008, 07:42 PM

wow that really sucks good luck on getting it all sorted out I know what a hasle it can be!!!

what hit you? and what did it do to his vehicle?
Old 04-06-2008, 07:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I feel so sorry for you
I would be devastated if someone wrecked my truck
Old 04-06-2008, 07:49 PM
Contributing Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You do have uninsured motorist don't you? That should cover it , dumb question I know but was he ticketed? who was at fault? If he was then it will be a no brainier for your insurance company and they will pay for it and sue him for reimbursement.

They will not total it unless the damage is over half the value of the car so I would guess you may be with out it for awhile but they won't total it.
Old 04-06-2008, 07:58 PM

Looks, not that bad, should fix up nice & be as good as new.
Old 04-06-2008, 08:15 PM

It was a multiple car pile up on I-5, yes he did get ticketed but so did I, which ads insult to injury. Trust me when I say this there was *nothing* I could have done to avoid this in bumper to bumper traffic. Yes, I do have uninsured motorist and will take my ticket to court.

Runs fine, no fluid leaks, no shakes or shimmies but the alinement seems to be off. Wonder if the repair shop object to putting on a TJM or ARB vs. OEM?
Old 04-06-2008, 08:40 PM
Donny, you're out of your element
Staff

Received 54 Likes on 34 Posts
Hopefully the frame is not bent.

If it is not, and the insurance company totals it, buy it back. All the parts are bolt on stuff, and you can have it back on the road good as new for pretty cheap.

If you need parts, let me know. I can hook you up with all the parts needed to fix that thing in the seattle area.

If insurance is fixing it, they will only install an OEM bumper. For liability reasons. If you are getting it fixed, a repair shop might install an aftermarket bumper, but you would have to work it out with them.
Old 04-06-2008, 08:43 PM
Contributing Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
So sorry to see that. It hurts!!
Old 04-06-2008, 09:49 PM

Sorry to hear all this, why the hell did you get a ticket anyway???
Old 04-06-2008, 10:04 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Its alright, at least it can be fixed, and its not totaled. Maybe this is your big chance to get a nice metal bumper?
Old 04-06-2008, 10:11 PM

I-5 sucks up there. It's way better down here. Sorry to hear about that. That really sucks.
Old 04-06-2008, 10:31 PM

Man that totally bites! Glad you are safe though. I crunched my Runner on Five last October too! Looked close to your damage, but most of mine was to the lower control arm. Fenders, bumper, brackets, paint,new wheels tires, etc was around the 3800 range. I was smart with the check from insurance and did most of the work myself...the parts i got from ebay. That's how i upgraded my shocks, tires, and picked up a Yakima load warrior and still fixed my rig. Good luck with insurance they can be a pain.
Old 04-06-2008, 11:16 PM

That sucks....but if it was mine as long as there is no frame damage I'd love for it to be totalled so I could buy it back and use the rest of the money to fix it up the way I want.
There can be an upside to your misery.
Old 04-06-2008, 11:28 PM

wow drama queen...i saw the words carnage and total and then there are just scrapes and dents. Sucks but glad to see there wasnt carnage (motor pushed into the firewall, 4Runner on it roof) damage nowhere near the frame thus nowhere near being totaled.
Old 04-06-2008, 11:59 PM

@ 98runner for a truck that nice looking, damage that bad is carnage for sure. if that happened to my truck I wouldn't call it carnage. but it's definitely carnage in this situation. drama queen is a pretty harsh thing to say.
Old 04-07-2008, 05:11 AM

Originally Posted by 98runner210
wow drama queen...i saw the words carnage and total and then there are just scrapes and dents. Sucks but glad to see there wasnt carnage (motor pushed into the firewall, 4Runner on it roof) damage nowhere near the frame thus nowhere near being totaled.
Thats funny...I thought the same thing.......I've done worse on one afternoon of wheelin
Old 04-07-2008, 06:31 AM

ya, i know what you're saying.... it will be fixed hopefully but it will still be a hassle and take time and i really don't want to drive around in a wrecked car.

upside to it as far as build up goes is not really an upside for me. i am not interested in a build up, no time, desire or drive. i just want a nice perfect car that it was before this accident.

hopefully i can get over the mental issue with the fact i'm driveing a rig thats been wrecked, i think i will if/once its fixed right.

as for drama queen..... ya, to all you tough wheeling guys... "@ %". Is it the end of the world? no. but it is my first nice car that i have a loan on, i did just get it two weeks ago, it is my daily driver (i also need a nice car to drive for work, i'm not a logger or fisherman). not everybody wants to or can afford to have two cars or is ok driving a wrecked pos. so eat me and don't piss me off more then i allready am. i'm not the type of guy that prides myself on driving damaged vehicles and calls dents "badges of honor from the trail" and thinks its cool and laughs at breaking stuff. to each their own, have some respect, i don't ridicule your posts.

Last edited by aviator; 04-07-2008 at 07:15 AM.
Old 04-07-2008, 07:50 AM

From the looks of it, I doubt it's totalled. The only way it will be totalled is if the airbags are blown.

With my insurance company, they just cut me a check. So in your case, you should get an estimate for the damages, get the check, then put whatever bumper you want on there.
Old 04-07-2008, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by michalik_piotr
ya, i know what you're saying.... it will be fixed hopefully but it will still be a hassle and take time and i really don't want to drive around in a wrecked car.

so eat me and don't piss me off more then i allready am.

Dude! nobody doubted your truck was wrecked....we was just saying it aint the end of the world
Old 04-07-2008, 09:01 AM

Jeeez, don't you just hate sarcastic mf who likes to pour salt over wounds?

Quick Reply: Got in an accident today, pics of carnage