Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Flowmaster 50 Series Delta Flow

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2005, 08:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flowmaster 50 Series Delta Flow

Just got one installed today, kept the original piping just changed out the muffler and put on a nice stainless tip. Sounds really good, love it at WOT. To bad there wasn't less drone in the cabin, plenty at highway speed or at 2,00 RPM's.
Old 01-27-2005, 09:41 PM

Really? It must be the difference of the 3.0 vs. the 3.4, because i had that muffler put on my truck, and i took it back the next day and had the original 40 series put on because, the 50 deltaflow was just not enough simply put... It sounded SWEET off a stop, but thats with the windows down, other than that i could not even hear it, it was basically stock loudness with a little more rumble. It just left me wanting more... I am 100% satisfied with my 40 series though, it is nice and loud, and sounds just like i wanted...
Old 01-28-2005, 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by MorphiasX
Really? It must be the difference of the 3.0 vs. the 3.4, because i had that muffler put on my truck, and i took it back the next day and had the original 40 series put on because, the 50 deltaflow was just not enough simply put... It sounded SWEET off a stop, but thats with the windows down, other than that i could not even hear it, it was basically stock loudness with a little more rumble. It just left me wanting more... I am 100% satisfied with my 40 series though, it is nice and loud, and sounds just like i wanted...
My 50's are not as near as quiet as yours was. If there was only less drone.
Old 01-29-2005, 08:13 AM

Okay, so after talking with Birdman, the drone is coming from my 3" SS tip. If I remove it or just kept my original tailpipe there would be none or less drone.
Old 01-29-2005, 09:10 AM

Hey where did you go to do it? I have been through all differnt mufflers, and finnaly settled on the Borla. I began with the Flows 40 delta (damn nice sound, loud, I decied to make it louder, and remove my cat and replace it with a cherry bomb), then I got sick of the loudness after 2 years, I put on the magnaflow (that was too soft), I installed a high flow cat, and then finnaly settled on the borla. Its perfect agressive outside, hardly any noise on the inside. All the work was done by Robert over at Exhaust systems Hawaii in Kailua, hes on of the best
Old 01-29-2005, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by Bigkahuna808
Hey where did you go to do it? I have been through all differnt mufflers, and finnaly settled on the Borla. I began with the Flows 40 delta (damn nice sound, loud, I decied to make it louder, and remove my cat and replace it with a cherry bomb), then I got sick of the loudness after 2 years, I put on the magnaflow (that was too soft), I installed a high flow cat, and then finnaly settled on the borla. Its perfect agressive outside, hardly any noise on the inside. All the work was done by Robert over at Exhaust systems Hawaii in Kailua, hes on of the best
Sup Cuz! I went to Roland at Exhaust Systems Hawaii in Waipahu. The 50 Delta sounds great!!!!!! Don't want to remove the tip cause it looks sooooo ono!, but I need a little less drone.
Shoots Baloots
Old 01-30-2005, 01:41 PM

I did my first echaust wit Roland but he, wasnt to cool about the prices. I ened going to see Robert because he did my freinds show car. After that I've been seeing Robert ever since. He did my custom NOS bottle fab, hes gonna do my spare tire well lift, and he willing to give sliders a shot. I have a shorter tip, similar to the TRD one, let me know if you want it, I'll give it to you cheap. All I can say ESH in Kailua is da winnas
Old 01-30-2005, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by Bigkahuna808
I did my first echaust wit Roland but he, wasnt to cool about the prices. I ened going to see Robert because he did my freinds show car. After that I've been seeing Robert ever since. He did my custom NOS bottle fab, hes gonna do my spare tire well lift, and he willing to give sliders a shot. I have a shorter tip, similar to the TRD one, let me know if you want it, I'll give it to you cheap. All I can say ESH in Kailua is da winnas
Roland was totally cool so I just went with him. Mahalos for the tip offer but I'll stick with the one I got. ESH in Waipahu iz da winnas!!!