Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Floor Mat

Old 04-27-2007, 08:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Floor Mat

Where can you get rubber floor mats that cover the entire floor of the cab? I have a 2001 Tacoma single cab.
Old 04-27-2007, 08:59 AM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The entire floor? You mean every little speck? I have never seen those for regualr cars, i would just get a good set of mats that are a little big and lay them over most of the floor.

I found some REALLY nice floor mats at sams the other day. A set of 4 HEAVY (they weigh over 20lb total) duty mats for $20. I have to say i am more than happy with them.
Old 04-27-2007, 10:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Huskey's
Old 04-27-2007, 10:17 AM
Contributing Member

weather techs are better than husky's but cost more... I have a set of both
Old 04-27-2007, 10:53 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by spaugh
weather techs are better than husky's but cost more... I have a set of both
I disagree if you are talking about floor liners....
Old 04-27-2007, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by nieuwendyk-25
I don't know, check out these http://www.weathertech.com/store/mvp...=660&Year=2001

The weathertech's seem to fix the only problem I've found with my huskies. I track a lot of snow in my rig since I park outside and use my rig for work. When the snow melts my large puddle has the tendency to drain over the lip during turns and back on to my carpet

These weathertech's look like they extend all the way out to the door so it would drain away from the carpet.

You Tacoma guys are lucky, they don't make them for 96-2001 4runners

Erich
Old 04-27-2007, 11:54 AM

No I am talking about a liner that is put in place of the carpet and covers the whole floor of the cab.
Old 04-27-2007, 01:28 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Erich_870
I don't know, check out these http://www.weathertech.com/store/mvp...=660&Year=2001

The weathertech's seem to fix the only problem I've found with my huskies. I track a lot of snow in my rig since I park outside and use my rig for work. When the snow melts my large puddle has the tendency to drain over the lip during turns and back on to my carpet
Erich
Those are cool. Are they new? I haven't seen them before, but it can't drain out the door, because of the seal.

This looks to me like it would make it drain onto the doorsill and then onto the carpet. Of course snow is not a big problem where I live....but I know what you are talking about from when I have taken my 'Runner skiing.

What you need is a oneway drain valve that goes through the floor...now that would be cool!

Last edited by nieuwendyk-25; 04-27-2007 at 01:29 PM.
Old 04-27-2007, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by sc4runner4x4
No I am talking about a liner that is put in place of the carpet and covers the whole floor of the cab.
It's called Line-X

Just kidding. I've never seen a liner that replaces the carpet, but it's possible I suppose.

Erich
Old 04-27-2007, 02:04 PM
Contributing Member

I guess it would help if you explain further.

I have a set of weather tech floor liners for my tacoma, they fit perfectly, are stiffer than huskies, and have a better material that doens't warp.

I have a set of huskies in my 4runner that fit just OK, and have what looks and feels like a cheaper softer material.

Both do the job, but the weather techs are absolutly a better product in my opinion. And you get what you pay for applies here....
Old 04-27-2007, 03:27 PM
Contributing Member

I guess it would help if you explain further.

I have a set of weather tech floor liners for my tacoma, they fit perfectly, are stiffer than huskies, and have a better material that doens't warp.

I have a set of huskies in my 4runner that fit just OK, and have what looks and feels like a cheaper softer material.

Both do the job, but the weather techs are absolutly a better product in my opinion. And you get what you pay for applies here....
I have never had a warping or fit problem with mine. I have one set that is over 10 years old and after a good spray off, it they look like they are brand new. I'm not saying the weather techs are inferior. I dislike the weather techs because the tan color is almost orange looking and they have a big black sticker that say WEATHER TECH on them. I think they both have comparable fit and materials, however, I like that the huskys cover only the carpet, but don't rub on the plastic of the doorsill or other trim causing scratches and they hold alot of liquid.

As far as "getting what you pay for", you act like the Huskys are worthless ...which is not true. and...How much did the weather techs cost you? I think the Huskys are pretty expensive liners.

Last edited by nieuwendyk-25; 04-27-2007 at 03:43 PM.
Old 04-27-2007, 04:38 PM
Contributing Member

I have never had a warping or fit problem with mine. I have one set that is over 10 years old and after a good spray off, it they look like they are brand new. I'm not saying the weather techs are inferior. I dislike the weather techs because the tan color is almost orange looking and they have a big black sticker that say WEATHER TECH on them. I think they both have comparable fit and materials, however, I like that the huskys cover only the carpet, but don't rub on the plastic of the doorsill or other trim causing scratches and they hold alot of liquid.

As far as "getting what you pay for", you act like the Huskys are worthless ...which is not true. and...How much did the weather techs cost you? I think the Huskys are pretty expensive liners.
the back seat husky liners fit like ass, and if you've never had a pair that fit better, then you have no reference I suppose. And you said above you hadn't seen the weathertechs I was refering to.

Its not that the huskies are cheap or junk, they just aren't quite on par with the other. I think the Huskies were around 70 a pair and WTs were around 100 a pair. My point is that you get a quality liner for 70 and an even better one for 100.
Old 04-27-2007, 05:07 PM

the back seat husky liners fit like ass, and if you've never had a pair that fit better, then you have no reference I suppose. And you said above you hadn't seen the weathertechs I was refering to.

Its not that the huskies are cheap or junk, they just aren't quite on par with the other. I think the Huskies were around 70 a pair and WTs were around 100 a pair. My point is that you get a quality liner for 70 and an even better one for 100.
Where did you get your weathertechs for your 96'? I haven't been able to find any for my 99'.

Erich
Old 04-27-2007, 07:16 PM
Contributing Member

^ the WTs are in my taco. I wanted them for the runner, but no dice. The ones for the later 3rd gens might work maybe send WT an email and see what they say. They are missing out, the 3rd gen was a pretty well selling vehicle.
Old 04-27-2007, 07:21 PM

^ the WTs are in my taco. I wanted them for the runner, but no dice. The ones for the later 3rd gens might work maybe send WT an email and see what they say. They are missing out, the 3rd gen was a pretty well selling vehicle.
ahhhh, okay, makes sence. I agree, I don't understand why they don't carry them for the 3rd Gen 4Runner.

Erich
Old 04-27-2007, 07:58 PM
Contributing Member

the back seat husky liners fit like ass,

I'll agree with you on the backseat, but over time mine has relaxed and fits better. Is the weather tech one piece in the rear? That was my only disappointment on the Huskys. My Sequoia ones are much better than my 4Runner in the rear, because the floor is flatter. Still don't like weather techs tan color and badge.

I am going to research the weather techs for my Jeep as Husky does not make a rear one for the CJ-7. Don't know if I want to spend that much though. Plus if they don't make them for the 3rd Gen 4Runner then they probably don't make them for my Jeep

My Uncle bought a New 2000 Land Cruiser and it came with a Husky Cargo liner.

Last edited by nieuwendyk-25; 04-27-2007 at 08:00 PM.
Old 04-28-2007, 06:50 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2001 taco single cab eh?

Go to the dealer and have em look up a base "fleet" model 2WD Taco.
Those should be avail with vinyl floors.
There are also after market "carpet" companies that usually get vinyl floors as well (typically only black tho).

my Gen1 1989 4Runner came with that stock
Best thing ever IMHO.

Oh yeah - best thing would be an OEM type moulded floor tray like the 240 Volvo's had. They were like stiff Rubbermaid and had sides that were at least 2" tall - the front extended all the way up past the backs of the pedals - NO capret was visible with those things in.

Weather teach beats other tray liners too - the rubber is "heavier" and doesnt seem to "crack" over time. The rubber is "softer" and will get wear marks in the patter after oh 150K of driving Wear patina is better htan craks (that let water drip in).

Ya get what ya pay for
Old 05-21-2007, 09:14 AM

Try this!

I found this last night while looking up the same thing for my 99 4Runner

http://www.accmats.com/

Do a search for your vehicle on the left side.
Old 07-26-2007, 12:26 AM

A friend of mine of mine mentioned about a customized cushioned rubber floor mat comprising at least one integrated rubber protrusion and at least two layers of rubber that cover the entire floor of a truck that an auto shop owner offered him while he was canvassing for a Volvo accessories that his brother ask from him... I forgot though to ask the name of the shop.. I'll try to phone him this weekend for the details...

Last edited by Allen; 07-26-2007 at 12:28 AM. Reason: wrong use of word