Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

finished my light bulb conversion

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2004, 07:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
finished my light bulb conversion

I tried taking a few pictures but only one turned out halfway descent. For some reason the picture came out more green than it actually is. If you look on the left hand side the tach needle is a true representation of the exact color things turned out as. I did all the bulbsi n the guage cluster, the a/c control bulb, the cigarette lighter and ash tray. I also did the glove box and the lights in the console for the transmission controls and the rear windo controls.

The only lights I didn't do were the map lights and dome lights. Also the courtesy lights on the doors.

It looks way better than the stock color, and it is going to look "bitchin" if I ever get around to buying some indiglo guages.

Again, sorry for the crappy picture...

-Keith
Old 03-11-2004, 10:38 PM

So you made the lights green? What color were they before?
Old 03-11-2004, 11:51 PM

Before they were just plain old green. I painted all the bulbs with blue glass paint using the method that UKMyers found. The blue lightbulbs cominded with the factory insturment icons create a bluish green indiglo effect. If you've ever seen an indiglo watch or had a cell phone that lights up with indiglo lights you know the color I'm talking about.

I originally expected the ligths to be just plain blue, but I actually like this a little better. The white film they use to create the instrument icons and letters has a bit of a green tint to it when lit from behind, and as a result the blue bulbs end up giving off more of a deeper indiglo green effect.

I wish that I could get a descent picture to show you exactly how it looks. The picture I posted looks too similar to the original green color to tell a difference. When you look at it in real life it's quite obviously different than the original factory color.

-Keith